GPC2618J BBQ / Rusted heat sheild and burners

1 45 Torr LaneAjax, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 647-456-8498

I bought a BBQ grill model GPC2618J from one of our biggest supermarket chain (LOBLAWS COMPANY EAST) and after 2 years of use only summer the Heat sheild and Burner are completely rusted out.

Company states there is no warranty for this product. This product should not have been out on the market because after two years of use you cannot get parts or warranty products.

GPC2618J BBQ

Comments

6th of Apr, 2009

I am going through the same problem and can't find any parts for this stupid BBQ...
    This is the last time I bought anything from Lablows

• Bl
      20th of Apr, 2009

Yes, we have the same problem. Is it possible to simply order this part. It doesn't matter if it is on warrenty or not. I just want a new one.

• Es
      4th of Nov, 2009

do you buy your sliced bread and tomatoes at Canadian tire?

• Mr
      5th of Nov, 2009

I totally agree. The Burner disintegrated after 2 years. I replaced it with one from Canadian Tire that had expandible lead-in tubes, which burned out after one season. The heat shield was a write-off that same year. I had had misgivings about buying such an unknown name, but I figured it would be like my old barbecue, for which you could buy replacement generic parts from many suppliers. That didn't work for this one because of the custom lead-in tubes. Next time I'll take a closer look.

• Do
      16th of Mar, 2010

same bbq, no parts available, handle in the wrong place and heats to the same temperature as the food, I didn't make the choice for that bbq, the next will have a brand name search behind it and parts availability before my next purchase with consideration that any bbq without a warrenty and stainless steel burners has a lifetime of 4 years much like the cars of the 1970's