Gov.Resources.com / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:

Went on line to see if any feedback about this company and this company spends it's time writing up good information on itself. I forgot to come here and check the reputation first.

Couldn't find anything out even about myself.
Va

Comments

Fr
  4th of Oct, 2008
phoney rip off scummy scam artist. Beware do not get involved with these crooks. The only thing you will discover is money missing out of your bank account.
Ch
  13th of Oct, 2008
after reading a positive review i signed up for the 1 Year Unlimited Access Membership. i knew something was wrong just after completing the payment. am i the only one who was redirected to recordsarea.com? i experienced the same results as previous posts. i've notified my credit union of the fraud and as soon as they open this morning i will call. i hope the matter can be resolved and without any identity fraud or unknown transactions in the future due to this. on the bright side of things there are many resolved issues with recordsarea.com listed on the BBB. i look optimistically to mine being added too.
El
  28th of Oct, 2008
God I wish I had done a Google search on how trustworthy Gov-Resources.com is BEFORE I gave them my credit card number.

I paid $39.99 for a lifetime unlimited access membership. But then once I paid and was registered, I was send to a website called Recordsarea.com to do my actually searching. That was a red flag.

Then, I typed in this one person's name that I was looking up and it came back, "Server Too Busy". I was getting very suspicious at that point because I was doing this at like 3am.

So I waited a minute, then searched the name again. But again, it came back as "Server Too Busy".

Then, for the hell of it, I did a search for my own name to see what would come up. Then I got a message saying that I had reached my daily limit of searches and that I now had to wait 24 hours before I could do another search. Oh, but I could pay $19.99 to get rid of the daily search limit. WTF!

I then went to Google and did a search for "Gov-Resource.com rip off scam" and found all these other people who wrote similar things to what I'm writing now.

I'm so worried that my credit card info is no longer safe. I hope that anyone reading this now is reading it BEFORE giving that website your credit card. DON'T DO IT!
Ps
  4th of Nov, 2008
Oh no, I did the same thing. There is nothing useful they show you on the web site. Heck I found more stuff on the free look ups. I better get my money back or there will be hell to pay. I will turn them in.
Ro
  26th of Jan, 2009
Not only is all of the above true about this bogus website but there are also other scams they are doing. I had been charged by Clickbank so often that I started researching all of the charges. I was charged for services I never received and found out that Gov-Resources.com is also the same as www.recordsarea.com, www.government-records.com, www.recordsfinder.net, and who knows how many other names. They are all selling memberships that you may already belong to. I have tried to contact them but no such luck. Their support page comes back as "webpage cannot be found" . I have tried to contact them on all of the above sites but have not received one response. I have only been allowed 2-3 searches on these sites before it tells me I have reached my limit and I need to pay to have it removed. I paid and still receive the same notice, or "Forbidden, I dont have premission to access ... I am not sure what to do at this point but I am not finished with researching more and reporting their SCAM'S to the appropriate agencies. I am afraid to look at my bank statements. I already know now exactly what they are doing. BEWARE!
Bi
  17th of Jun, 2009
worthless, DON'T DO IT!!!
Oi
  31st of May, 2010
Thank God I DID check here first. Because, I read these reviews with complaints about such awful experience at public-records-nationwide.com, Gov.Resources.com, and recordsarea.com. (I think they're all one in the same, and probably have dozens more fake-named site-trap-names.) Then I went back to the page that told me it found the name I was looking for and put in "Youguys Areripoffs" and I got a response that they found him! My old friend Youguys! I can't wait to talk to him again, and his brother, Allscammers Arerippoffs.

If people are born and raised without any scruples or sense of responsibility, they will always find someone to steal from. If they're willing to do it, there will always be victims for them to practice their evil upon. The challenge is, I think, to not make it so easy for them, and try to remember that most people are good, and their businesses want to provide a legit service to other good people. It's okay that these guys aren't amoung them - we just need to hunt them down and (nicely) filter out their, uh, business model.
Ih
  17th of Dec, 2010
I just got the Gov-Resources.com and paid for the extra $9.99 for records on EVERYTHING!
I don't know why you call it a rip off...they really do work--but you didn't even try it so what are you talking about?? the membership is for 5 years! I found out my fiancee was already married by using the site. Don't knock what you never tried!