GOVGENEALOGYSEARCH.COM / Took Payment / No Access to

1 PA, United States Review updated:

Signed up for Immediate unlimited access to 20, 000 data sources nationwide. Paid lifetyme membership ($39.94) with Paypal, but when I tried to register to use the site, it failed to connect. When I wrote to the "Support " function, I was directed to a link which connected me with free information on the internet.

Comments

• Cj
      30th of Mar, 2009

I JUST SIGNED UP AND CAN NOT ACCESS ANY RECORDS WHATSOEVER, EVEN KNOWN RECORDS. HAVE I BEEN RIPPED OFF.

• Cj
      7th of Jan, 2010

I signed up, to genealogy research on my family history, and when I do find a little of something, can not access it, according to what I signed up for, is not being displayed. I feel as if this was a gimmick. At least ancestry. com don't trick you!!! I feel as if I was cheated.

• O0
      25th of Jul, 2011

I signed up too for $39.95. Lifetime membership. I cannot get no results either. the web site should refund my money. I thought it was a good web site but I guess I was fooled. O'Day Watts Britt

• Kj
      20th of Sep, 2011

I did exactly as these folks did, trying to find a relative that I had hit a dead end in on the other genealogy sites and was unable to access any information. I feel like a total fool...and I spent 40.00 dollars proving it... should have known it was too good to be true.. cause it is.

• Do
      1st of Apr, 2012

I ALSO WAS RIPPED OFF.

• Gr
      19th of May, 2012

I have been a member for 6 years. I have always been able to get any information I needed. I found 5 friends I had not seen or heard from for over 20 years. Addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. It also showed me their Face Book pages. I tried to sign on last week and was re-directed to another page not related. Have been unable to sign on at all now. I think maybe they are out of business. I tried to contact 'help' and was sent auto answer stating they would get back to me. Nothing now for a week. It was great for the past 6 years I was able to use it. Well worth the $39.95 I paid. Sad...

• Go
      28th of Dec, 2012

Haven't been on the site for awhile but when I signed up it was a pretty good site. Can't trust anyone though.