Government-Records.com / Online scam

United States Review updated:
I was searching the net looking for a site that checked military and criminal records also births deaths marriages within Australia. I got onto a site that was listed as Australian and foolishly signed up as it looked genuine.Once i signed up using my visa card which was deducted immediately in American dollars I tried numerous searches on various things but it kept taking me back to American records. I then tried to find records on myself I have been in the Military also a short stint in prison and a tax payer for 40 years within Australia.Born and raised here 3rd generation the site couldn't even give my Birth details even though I supplied all the information? I guess ive been suckered I have sent numerous emails to their support center asking for a full refund no reply.

N  18th of Oct, 2008 by

Government-Records.com - no service

Promises to provide public records on individuals for a fee. I paid, then requested a search on an individual for whom I had searched and found information on several other sources, including no-fee sites such as Google and newspapers. Government-Records.com said "no information". No reply to my complaint.

Leif Skoogfors
N  19th of Oct, 2008 by
my accout not oppen and canot talking
N  27th of Oct, 2008 by
This Outfit should have a ranch. They are a bunch of Cowboys'
I have tried to seek information, for instance, about people in the U K. The setup switches me to the U S A.
I have been ripped off. They are nothing more than a bunch of CROOKS'
N  28th of Oct, 2008 by

Government-Records.com - worst quality

I paid around 40$ but the search engine seldom works

How come it never provide even a basic address...

I wonder if this website is scam or not ... if not return my money right now ..
A  30th of Oct, 2008 by
cant believe I was taken in by this scam. followed the prompts gave my credit card information and received nothing.
I wrote governmentrecords.com several emails no reply from them.
What can I do?
N  13th of Nov, 2008 by
I submited and payed for service and site doesnt allow me to access. How do I get my money back?
N  20th of Nov, 2008 by

www.governmentrecords.com - no records found even on myself

I ordered governmentreocords to find exact dates of my husbands first marriage and divorce for retirement. It states immediate access. Unfortunately I paid with my debit card(should I contact my bank? I was told it was a one time fee) when I put the information in it came back as no records found. I put my very well none information in and it still came back as no records found. I wrote them and ask for help, I am still waiting. Is this a scam. How can I get my money back? Will they still be able to access my account?

Laurel M. Van Derske
N  25th of Nov, 2008 by

Government-Records.com - Unauthorized billing

Total fraud on the internet... Instantly charged our credit card for a background report and the link was broken into recordsarea.com... Received absolutely ZERO for $39.95... No phone to call them and complain... No one will return and email... They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Please don't waste your money on this website like we did... You will get nowhere. I have noticed lately there are numerous background check sites that are ripoffs. Another one is Net Detective! They instantly charged our credit card and then the links would not let us in to do the background searches. It finally let us in one or two times in one night and since then will do nothing. When we called to complain, the girl on the phone was rude and said to call AOL. Total run-around and total loss of money... Buyers BEWARE and RUN... or you will be broke and have nothing in return for your hard earned money.
A  6th of Jan, 2011 by
I just signed up for this piece of junk. Word to the wise, don't. You won't find anything and the user interface is total garbage. They redirect you to a site that isn't even government-records.com. There are better out there, so pass this one by.