Government-Grants-For-Women.com / Unauthorized charges

1 2850 Horizon Ridge ParkwayHenderson, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-210-2544

I'm interested in going to college and I googled info for grants. One site I found was http://www.government-grants-for-women.com. I scrolled down read the review and selected 'The Grant University' because the review said it was FREE, $1.98 for S&H for the Report and it was given '5' Stars.

I clicked on the Grant University Link to order and another website came up: https://grantsearch.securemediabox.com/index_v2.html
I filled in my information, gave credit card info and was told to print out a page that said my CD was on its way; to include my user ID & password. Further down on the paer mentioned a 7-day free trial but no mention of any other fees.

2 Days later I discovered that my account had been charged a fee of $69.95 and my account was set up for future automatic payment deductions!

I called the company; spoke to CSR who told me that it was too late for me to cancel, that I was pass the '7 Day Free Trial' and that the fee $69.95 was listed on their website. NO WAY!

I asked for a supervisor but the CSR would not let me speak to one. I told her my rights as a consumer, that I was allowed to speak to a supervisor but she refused, telling me that I was outside the “7 day Free Trial" date.

I told the CSR that I had just come from the doctors office and my blood pressure was high, I was crying and driving home. The CSR became became sympathetic and eventually gave me an 'RF' number and told me to expect a credit in 5 days. I asked her to end my membership; I hope she did. That experience was the most upsetting one I've experienced to date. I had to pull my car over and compose myself before I could drive again.

Bi

Comments

• He
      6th of Mar, 2009

You just told my story exactly except I have called twice. Both calls have ended with no credit back to me. They were willing to cancel my membership but not refund my 69.95. I am a family of six. I was broke to start with hence the willingness to try the grant program. That money overdrew my account and took the last of the food money I had for all my children. I am so upset...this is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. I alternate between anger and crying and I just can't accept this outcome but don't know what else to do!!!