Government Grants / unauthorized taking money from debit card

1 309 Spruce St, Anaconda, MT, United States Review updated:

on Dec. 19, 2009 I was checking out this web site on governmert grants, they asked me to submit $1.95 for a kit, which i did, this morning I went to my bank web site and seen that they also took out$57. that I did not authorize. I am on social security and a very fixed income, this $57. put me in over draft and is costing $35. plus $5. a day until I get the money in there to cover it. I want my $57. put back into my account. Gloria Forward 309 Spruce St. Anaconda, Mt. 59711 my e-mail address is [protected]@yahoo.com

Comments

• Te
      5th of Nov, 2007
    Government Grants - $57.61

I was on line trying to find a government grant to fill out. I was told to pay this one time fee of $1.99 AND THAT WILL BE ALL. They are taking money out of my account

7th of Mar, 2008
    Government Grants
    1705 Blountville Blvd. A6
    Blountville
    Tennessee
    Phone: 4233234971

I went to check my account. upon doing so I discovered that there was a withdrawal from my checking account that I did not give permission for. Not only did this company take my money, but they made up a fake check number. Lucky for me, my bank stands by me. But it was a huge scare on my part!

4th of Oct, 2008
    Government Grants - Nothing received
    NW-AG.com

They keep taking money out of my account for a 2.95 cd I ordered . They took 39.95, 9.95, 7.95 1.95 etc. I have not recieved a thing.

• Re
      7th of Nov, 2008

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

• Ka
      18th of Nov, 2008

I got scammed as well...and I too am going to flood everyone with compalaints. They have designed their site to prey on those in need...we are going to help you by taking your money to the tune of at least 80.00 in 14 days...Thank you.

• Rc
      3rd of Dec, 2008
    Government Grants - Charges
    the grant university
    138 e 1230 st suite 183
    draper
    Phone: 877 207 1615
    thegrantuniversity.com

These companies are part of the same scam. .

Www. Center4grants.com las vegas nv
    Nwkag.com 8004189320 st. George ut
    Businessfund 800410168 las vegas nv
    Grantsearch8004790979 las vegas nv
    Iworks incorporated

They illegally charge your accounts for services that you did not s8ign up for.

It appears that they may use your information to sign you up for legitimates services like "consumer info" so the amount will not be easily detected. Eg. You will see a charge from cumser infor for 29. 95 and other 29. 95 charges to hide their charges.

Called the customer service number 1 - 866 - 370 - 7270 (This seems to be a clearing house for all these companies.)

It's a pure scam!!

5th of Dec, 2008
    Center4grants
    15407 Forest Misrt
    San Antonio
    Texas

I ordered a trial CD, nevergot the CD and found charges on my bank statement for $39.95. Have been unable to reach them.

• Sw
      5th of Dec, 2008
    the grant university

I gave my card # to the grant university then I went to look on line and found this site so I instantly called my credit card and that is when things got better. the card rep turned my card in lost or stolen and is sending me a new card new #'s and all. I feel better

• Rh
      9th of Dec, 2008
    government grants
    Coolidge
    Arizona
    center4grants.com

This business is taking money unautorized directly out of my checking account and then sending me items, like cd-roms, that I have not even asked for or seen on my emails.

How can they get into my bank???

• La
      9th of Dec, 2008

You gave them account number - that;s how

It was probably while internet shopping and YOUR FAILURE TO READ the programs they offered with the survey or $$ of your current order.

• De
      10th of Dec, 2008
    Government Grants - scam
    Grant
    Spartanburg
    South Carolina

I too have been scammed by this company. I used a prepaid credit card because my gut feeling was something doesn't feel right. I went ahead and paid the postage for the grant package. I have yet to receive it.
    Last night I received a call from them trying to offer me a free gift for $54.00 and asked me to verify the last four digits of the credit card. I told them I was not interested.
    I hope this big rip off company is prosecuted.

I hope they try to call me back so I can tell them exactly what I think and how I feel. I can't believe the people working for this company. I would feel so guilty ripping off innocent people.

• Rc
      11th of Dec, 2008

These Companies are part of the same scam..

WWW.CENTER4GRANTS.COM LAS VEGAS NV
    NWKAG.COM 8004189320 ST. GEORGE UT
    BUSINESSFUND 800410168 LAS VEGAS NV
    GRANTSEARCH8004790979 LAS VEGAS NV
    IWORKS INCORPORATED

File complaints with the BBB for all of these fronts in each of these states. I just sent my response to the inquiry today. Shut'em down!

• Sq
      22nd of Dec, 2008

Yeah, They did the same thing to me as well. I called and complained but nothing. Since I have done my research on grant programs and I have found that this one site is the only place safe on the web for government grant programs. They are call qualitygrants.com They help you find and receive an affordable grant writing program with no scams.

www.qualitygrants.com

• Ki
      7th of Jan, 2009
    Government Grants - Did not do anything but charged me
    GRANTLINEPRO
    GRANTLINEPRO.COM

A unauthorized charges were posted to my account by GRANTLINEPRO and when I called to have them removed I was told there was a 7 day trail and I was the one who signed up so they would not refund my money. Basically I was told Deal With it !!! Since when if you call to cancel something are you told no!!!

• Li
      12th of Jan, 2009
    Government Grants - Charging without telling me
    Indiana

I recently looked at my bank statement and seen an additional 58.61 taken out of my checkings account when I was told it would be free. All i had to pay was the 2.95 for s&h and that would be it. I know 58.61 isn't much to some people but it is alot of money to me. Especially with me being laid off and my husbands hours getting drastically cut and with a baby on the way I was looking for some help. I didn't even receive the information yet that is "suppose" to be free. I want that money refunded back to my checking because we desperately needed that to pay bills.

• Wh
      26th of Jan, 2009

omg im so stupid the government called me and ask for bank # an social security igonna kill them now if i find them u were smart bout it those good think

• Mm
      31st of Jan, 2009
    Government Grants - Charging without telling me
    GOVTFUNDEDGRANTS
    govt-grants.net

I too answered a government grant internet scam. I only had to pay $1.99 and they would send me what I needed to file for a grant. I not only did not get what I had requested, a week later they withdrew $29.95 from my checking account without my authorization.

• Ag
      22nd of Feb, 2009
    Government Grants - Nothing received
    Free Grants For You
    Texas

I agreed to pay $1.95 for a CD with information on the availability of governments grants. No CD has been received though I have been bombarded with multiple emails daily that are the same thing as the original offer I accepted - its circular. When I received my credit card statement I found additional Int'l Visa fees that were not disclosed in the original offer to receive the CD for $1.95 and there is another charge for $58.61 that was never authorized.

• Ag
      22nd of Feb, 2009

This happened to me, too.

• Os
      6th of Mar, 2009

this company was to take 2.29 and took 39.99 from my acct instead...I called the company and they are to refund my account the money..will be checking on them to make sure they did it..L. Payne