Government Funded Grants / Fraud

1 44 Paradox Drive, Worcester, MA, United States Review updated:

I sselected an advertised product for directions and forms needed to apply for a government funded grant. The information was on a cd as well as online. I placed the order for the free cd because all they wanted was $1 for shipping. On jan 20, i was charged $1. Since then, i have never received the free cd but i have received many unauthorized charges to my bank account card.

The $1 went to government funded grants at [protected]. On february 9, i find a transaction fee of $1 that my bank charged for a transaction involving a location of cyus and a contact phone of [protected] which is explained by the transaction of the following morning. It was called fraud protection and had that exact same phone number.

On february 10, i find 2 more charges with the same location and phone: the first was $1 for the transaction fee and the second was an unexplained $29. 95. To add to this ugly situation, on feb 13th a charge of $9. 95 appeared as payment to that same 800 number for identity security protection. How ironic! Also on the 13th i was hit for another 3. 95 by a place called granthelporder.com whose phone is [protected].

To recap: between january 20 and february 18, i have been robbed of $50. 80 in unauthorized transactions. I dialed all three of those phone numbers. Guess who answered? Nobody. Yup, good ole nobody.

I am disabled and don't have money to throw away. And, from what i can figure out, there is nobody who can help stop these charges. Has anyone found someone who can help me with this?

All i wanted was the free cd to help my son find money to stay in college.

Comments

• Br
      6th of Jan, 2009
    Fraud Protection / Government Funding - Unauthorized transactions

I was charged on four differnet occassions from my checking account transactions that were not authorized!!! The only transaction that was authorized was for 1.00 and that was to get an info packet on government funds that I have yet to receive!!! I want my checking account refunded the following amounts: 1.00, 29.95, 4.95, and 1.00. I am on my way to the bank today to fill out the proper paper work!!!

• Pj
      8th of Feb, 2009
    Government Funded Grants
    Elkhart
    Indiana
    EarnCashFromGrants.com

I filled out a form to get information on how to apply for Government Grants and they said that the charge was 1.00 for the CD. I gave them the information of my CC and to my astonishment my checking account was deited 29.95 without my consent. There was nothing in the wording that said that there would be additional charges and I just only did this, I have not even recieved the CD. I printed out the agreement that came with this program and they are locatted in Alberta Canada.
    1021018 Alberta Ltd.d/b/a Government Funded Grants
    Offices located at
    11 Athabascan Avenue, Suite 240
    Sherwood Park, Alberta
    Canada T8A 6H2

Why would a company be located in Canada and be giving advise on Government Grants in the US? I want my money back.
    "I have been Scammed"

• Ro
      10th of Feb, 2009
    govenment funded grants
    quickcashsupport.com

they are charging my credit card for something i did not want and I cant reach them at there web site Help !!! anyone

• Mb
      17th of Feb, 2009

(888)347-1687 This is the number to GovernmentFundedGrants. They reversed (canceled my membership (what membership?) the charges, should see it in 5 to 10 business days.

• Mb
      17th of Feb, 2009

(888)347-1687 call them

• Ke
      19th of Feb, 2009

I too have been suckered into this scam and disputed the charges with my credit card company. The unauthorized charges put my balance over the limit and dropped my credit score 60 points. I am trying to get a private loan for college expenses and had to ask my retired mother to cosign for me. I live close enough to the edge as it is without slimy con artists taking money too. All I wantd was to find some help for my tuition...###.

• Je
      20th of Feb, 2009

wow, I was almost just scammed by these people!!! The representative kept trying to get me to give her my credit card information "for only a 1.00 and no other charges", but I told her I was uncomfortable with paying over the phone and could she please send me to a secure payment site with all of the terms. Also during this phone call I was searching online with the search terms "government funded grants scam" and so many sites came up about this company!! When she couldn't convince me to give her my credit card info right then on the phone, she hung up on me!! It is a total scam. :-/ And it's sad too, because all I am looking for is help with getting through graduate school. People like that just take advantage of other people in their times of need.

• Mi
      23rd of Feb, 2009

I saw an ad for a DVD about how to get a grant. There were options to sign up for additional services. Being unemployed and in foreclosure, I opted for the $1.00 DVD and agreed to pay shipping The following occurred:

02/20/2017 HLD*GrantHelpOrder.c 888 02/19HLD*Grant $74.95

I called the GOVERNMENT FUNDED GRANTS at 866-336-9634. The associate could not find my name, email, phone numbers or last 8 digits of my credit card. I am having my bank credit my account!

• Va
    Government Funded Grants
    govfundedgrant.com

They are suppose to send you a book for $29.95. Never have received the book, but each month the are still taking out of my account $29.95, $1.00, $4.95 for What? Asked the bank to stop payments but you have to pay them a large amount just to do it. What shall I do?

• Je
      27th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happenened to me and my husband. He saw an add for grant writing on the internet and said we should to it to help pay for me to go back to school or to help pay off my first set of school loans. I paid the 3.95 for shipping on my debit card. on 2/11 the $3.95 was deducted. We never recieved anything. Then on 2/21 the same people deducted $74.95 from my account with no authorization. the compnayh is HLD GrantHelpOrder. The phone number is 888-662-8762. Its funny, I cant get ahold of anyone there. Luckily I can despute this with my bank and hopefully get reimbursed, but now I will have to put a hold on my account and open another. This means I will have to reroute all of my current direct deposits and automatic payments. WHAT A PAIN. PLEASE DONT SIGN UP FOR THIS>>>IT IS FRAUD!!!

• Dh
      27th of Feb, 2009

I called on the "phone tree". They will put you on forever hold to get you to give up. Dont give up. Keep calling, ask for a supervisor, complaint resolution dept. Yes theyre rip offs. always be polite dont let them get to you, just keep telling them you dispute the charges, you want them taken off, youre going to file a claim with your bank keep repeating it when they try to head you off. It works sometimes. Try Clark Howard for scam & legit work at home ops.

• Su
      28th of Feb, 2009

I've read your comments and I am another victim of the same Free CD advertisement; pay $3.95 shipping. Never received anything in the mail but did get another charge to my bank account in the amount of $74.95. I will contact the atty general's office.

• Ca
      28th of Feb, 2009

I too have been scammed by these people. $74.95 and NSF fees from the bank, bucause I didn't deduct $74.95, because I was not aware of the charge. Once I got the NSF notice from the bank and looked into what was happening, I found the unauthorized charge. My bank told me to file a police report and bring it to them and they will press charges and hopefully get my $74.95 plus NSF fees returned to me account. I am going to file charges. I am sick and tired of people like this taking advantage of people like us living pay check to paycheck and one spouse being layed off. I can't get anyone to answer the phone either.

• Ji
      28th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happened to me this month. I too am retired and all I wanted was the CD. Everything that happened to them happened to me- same phone number, same MO.
    I will file a complaint and I will file a police report. These bums need to get a real job instead of preying on the innocent for a living.

• Th
      1st of Mar, 2009

Merchant: HLD*GRANTHELPORDER COM 888662876
    Posting Date of Transaction: 2/26/2017

Dispute Info: This is a online scam company that says it will send you a cd that will assist you in obtaining college grants and they never send the cd. then they charge you an additional 74.95 for no reason and no authorization. Will not answer phone. It is always busy. If you Google Grant Help order.com you will find other reports of this ripoff.

• Ol
      2nd of Mar, 2009

SCAMMED BY THIS WEB SITE. CREDIT CARD CHARGED THE $3.95 PLUS $74.95 BUT NO SOFTWARE OR INFORMATION.

• Ji
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I filed a dispute today with my bank about unauthorized use of my account. I turned my bank card in and they will issue me a new one. I filed a police report also.

• Et
      3rd of Mar, 2009

These Do-do's just swindled me too! Unfortunately, I've been down this road once before and there's nothing that you can do. I'm going to have to pay half the fee to my bank to put a stop payment on the one for $74.something that went through. I'd like to hack these guys tits and peckers off! The site that I gave my bank card information on was https so I thought that meant that I was good to go. I sure learned something from this! I'm disabled too and just barely getting by with my loans and disability. There should be a way to make people be accountable for this.

• Sp
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I have to agree with what everyone has to say about this company. i am going to call my newspaper that i seen this advertisement in and see if they have a number that i can call and also tell them what is going on. if any one has any questions please call me at 3089913737. if no answer leave a message.

3rd of Mar, 2009

My husband, saw an ad for a grant writing on the internet. The information would be provided on a FREE CD that would assist him on obtaining grants, such as assistance on a future student loan for my daughter’s higher education. Therefore, he placed the order for the FREE CD with the understanding that all he would have to pay was for the $3.95 for shipping & handling (S&H).

The payment in the amount of $3.95 for the S&H was made through my husband’s Discover Credit Card on February 14, 2017. The $3.95 has been charged to the credit card and he never received anything. Besides the hope of receiving the CD which was never delivered, on February 24, 2017, another charge from the same place that had previously charged the $3.95, charged on the same credit card for another (and much higher) amount of $74.95 without my husband’s authorization/consent. This is a crime which is not acceptable. My husband works really hard to pay the bills and support a family and give education to his two daughters.

The company is HLD*GRANTHELPORDER.COM . The phone number is 888-662-8762. I have tried contacting them several times and could not get hold of anybody. It is funny that, I cant get a hold of anyone there. Now their site is also down. I’ve contacted Discover Customer Service to dispute these two charges, hopefully we’ll be reimbursed, but now we will have to close this account and open another. We don't have money to throw away, and I believe that is the same for most people in this nation, due to the current economy (although regardless the current situation, money does not fall from trees and it has to be wisely spent, not wasted, thrown/given away). Thus far, from what I see, NOBODY is being able to stop these charges. It is a shame that the government is not paying much attention to these scams, unless if they are on the “6 digits” (unfortunately, this is what my sister had been told when she was a victim of a scam and lost near $10, 000.00, she contacted every possible agency she was aware of, and no help was provided).

I hereby am kindly requesting for some assistance. Do you Know anybody or any agency/institution who can help me with this matter? I Would love to see these people get cut & stop scamming other innocent people.