Goverment Grant Membership / Not authorized, taking money from checking account

Goverment Grant membership
I ordered a CD for finding Goverment Grants for College. I was to be charged $2.99 for shipping only. I repeatidly told them not to charge any more to my account, until I could check it out. When my bank statement came in it showed they did, to the tune of $39.95. I opened the CD package and found a slip, showing instilation information. At the bottom of this slip was a phone number. I called this number [protected] ) and talked to a girl named Chris. I told her what they did and she tryed to give me a line, " they told you, that you had to call them in & days" NO! they did not, tell me. So i told her that " The money had better be returned to my account. Or I would file Fraud charges, She told me that she would send in a credit to my bank, but had no controll over when my bank will post it. We have been with this bank for 30 yrs. So I know they will post it that day or the next. If not posted, I will file charges.

N  24th of Sep, 2008 by

Goverment Grant Membership - unauthorized deductions

I surfed the net looking for possible loans but at no time did I apply for a goverment loan. I was later charged $49.95 for a prepaid credit card and $39.95 for a government membership, neither of which I signed up for. I have called both numbers on the electronic checks to complain and request a return of my funds. Was promised it would take 30 days. I am not hopeful.
N  5th of Jul, 2009 by