Gov-records.com / Rip off!

When searching the State of Michigan government site, I saw the site stating 'All Public Records in One Site search any record you're looking for in 1 minute.' I thought 'great' paid my $29.95 via my Mastercard, and proceeded to locate a birth record in Pontiac, Michigan. I was told no such person found. I then attempted several more birth record searches, including my own, and received the same message.

Getting confused, I tried more of the sites offered by Government-Records.com/Gov-Records.com, i.e., marriage records, address checks, reverse phone numbers, people searches, etc., and found that among other things, I, three of my closest friends, my home, nor my telephone exist. Apparently the four of us (all those I checked) were never born, none of my three marriages ever happened, the home telephone I use daily is not real, and my home is a mirage.

I checked the feedback of the site, and I believe all those positive statements/reports must have been made by owners/profiteers/family members of this racket.

This is a complete fraud and robbery.

Va

Comments

• Li
      21st of Jun, 2008

Yes I was also one of those who think this site is the biggest rip off. I tried using it I was informed there was no such a person under the people serch when infact I know this person who also has a criminal record yet not records found. I am demanding a refund I just joined half hour ago and now I wan my money back i hope they refund it. Then to top it off the site staed I have to wait another 24 hrs since I exhausted my serseaches. What a disgrace to sell to offer there services.

• Ly
      25th of Jul, 2008

I had the same experience with governments_records.com website but have paid by Pay Pal. It is so disappointing when you are just looking for family information. I wonder why Pay Pal support this scam. I have lodged for a refund. So will see how I go. I will take it on to a Pay Pal claim if they dont refund my money ASAP.And I want Pay Pal to stop supporting scams.

• Ci
      1st of Aug, 2008

I to tried getting information and can't get

• Pa
      11th of Sep, 2008
    Gov-records.com - unhappy with service
    gov-records.com
    gov-records.com

I purchased a 1 yr membership for $29.94;order number>
    7NKELN6N. I couldn't access information I payed for-
    applied on 09/10/08. Would appreciate having my money refunded to my credit card.
    Thankyou

• Eh
      22nd of Nov, 2008

I just gave them my credit card at government-records.com and they immediately took it out of my account. Then I tried to access the site and it says the www.recordsare.com does not exist. I have no number to call and complain or request a refund. Buyer beware of this type of ripoff. This is the 2nd background record site I have paid for this week that is a ripoff.
    The first one kept kicking me off and not pulling any info up, now this one takes my $$ and says the website no longer exists to pull the records.
    The only legitimate site I have found so far doing this type business is
    intellius.com. It is more expensive but I will prob. stick to this for future business.
    If I do not hear back from this company government-records.com refunding my money or for some kind of support by early next week I plan on filing a formal complaint with the attorney general's office in ALL states, since this is done interstate...This should be a felony. Thanks for listening. Malone Hawkins

30th of Dec, 2008
    govrecords.con - no link

I paid for this service and not once have I been able to load anything on line. When I connect all you get is a blank screen

• Ha
      20th of Feb, 2009

It's just like net detective a scam, rip off, bait and switch. All info is out dated everything on there is free on the web.just have to do a little work and save yourself 40 bucks.Haven't heard back from customer service.I have left many e-mails and just as you may have guessed no response from them.So i informed them that i have reported them and they will be hearing from me everyday until i get a response from them. Money is to *** hard to come by these days for some *** company to be taking it from you.

• Pt
      27th of Jun, 2009

I PAID $39.99 FOR GOV.RECORDS.COM AND NEVER COULD FIND ANY-ONE. LOOKED FOR MY HUSBAND, 22 YEARS IN THE AIR FORCE, VIETNAM VET. UNDER VETERANS SITE. I ORDERED THE SITE ABOUT 8 MONTHS AGO, AND BASICLY GAVE UP. HAD NO IDEA THIS RIP OFF WAS GOING ON. BETTER NOT FIND ANY ACTIVITY ON MY CC CARD. I AM REALLY FUMING MAD NOW, AND GOING TO PURSUE FURTHER ACTION ON THIS.
    P. TITUS

• La
      12th of Oct, 2009
    Gov-records.com - scam and rip-off
    Software Doc Inc.
    California

like many others i have been ripped off by this phony company. and i fell for the "send us your cell phone number and we will text you the correct access code." so now i have to change my cell number, cancel my credit card.

and i thought i was smarter than this.

• Su
      16th of Aug, 2011

I just got ripped-off by gov-records.com. Paid $39.94 for lifetime access plus premium access to all public records. I did find my mom's death record, and was able to find out some info on myself on the reverse E-mail search (not all info was correct). But my own birth record didn't even come up, and I couldn't get anything on the person I signed up to research. Now I'm afraid to try another company; they may all be scams. I may try to challenge the charge on my credit card.