Gov-records.com / false advertising

1 917 Lusk StreetBoise, ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: none

This is an online search of public records which I paid $39.95 to become a member. After entering countless names of various friends and family, I have not been able to locate anyone - even myself.
I've tried typing in the required information for births, deaths, marriages, etc., and am so frustrated. I feel like I got ripped off.
This site is not user-friendly nor does it deliver on its claims to locate the records of people you're trying to find.
What a waste of time and money!
Sincerely,
Mindy Hagen

Mi

Comments

• Ju
      31st of Jul, 2008
    Gov-records.com - Useless, misleading, cannot even contact them
    Gov-Records.com
    Phone: Good question

Useless... I cannot locate persons that should come up from using this site. I can't even find myself on it, and they are unreachable. I have left emails to their tech department and have hadno reply.

9th of Oct, 2008
    Gov-records.com - rip off

I purchased a membership for $39.00 from Gov. Records. The site is not reliable, they adveristed that you can locate any one and they can be contacted 24 hours, they don't even give a telephone number where they can be reached. When you use their sites it take you to another site where you have to pay another fee. I could not find anyone on their sites, but other sites I could. This site is false advertising.

• So
      13th of Nov, 2008

I just purchased one year membership and could see within minutes it was a scam. I have just lost £20 which is a lot of money to me and didnt achieve what I wanted - I could not find a single person on their register that I know and the search always defaults to USA which is not what I needed. Rip off. Scam. Worse than useless. Don't be conned.

• El
      20th of Nov, 2008

I HAVE ASK FOR A REFUND OF 39.95 AND HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. THEY ARE NO HELP TO ME AT ALL.