GoToMyPC / Unauthorised Payments

1 England, Devon, United Kingdom Review updated:

I nound an unauthorised payment on my account, apparently a "Continuing Payment Authority", is to GoToMyPC, as a result of running the 30--day trial they offer. I told them I did not with to take up the programme, and indeed when I tried to use it as a check I got the response "Your Trial Period has ended". They are deducting £13.49 per month and once again the Bank says that they cannot bar the payment because, get this...

"We do not know who the payments are going to when they are demanded, we only find that out when it shows on your account 5 days later. So we can't prevent payments going from any particular account to any particular recipient. The payments will only stop when they stop demanding them."

"Even if you know its a complete scam?"

"That's how it is."

Comments

• Js
      19th of Feb, 2009

If its a continuous card payment then its your own fault for giving them your debit card details. The bank had no control over these payments because you have volunterally given GoToMyPC so all you need to do is cancel your existing card and order a replacement. Hope this helps

• Cl
      11th of Apr, 2012

Here it is, 2012, and this just happened to me. I signed up for the 30 day trial, then cancelled it after 2 weeks. I got a confirming e-mail that my auto-renew was turned off. THEN, I got an e-mail that said that they were unilaterally extending my trial for 30 more days. Ok... nothing for me to do there. THEN, I got an e-mail, a week before that extension ended, that said my auto-renew would continue unless I turned it off - again. THAT is fraud. I wrote and said, "Go ahead; charge my card and I'll sue." They cancelled they auto-renew, and did it in such as way as to say that *I* had cancelled it - again. I am going to write a piece for OpEdNews.com about this. Please e-mail me if anyone has had a similar experience. frankuniversity at yahoo dot com.