gotickets.com / hidden shipping fee

1 Manitoba, Canada Review updated:

I ordered a few tickets to a major golf tournament. At the check out screen, they listed the items I was purchasing including handling and shipping charges. Everything looked fine so I completed the order. Later, I received an e-mail from them listing my order, it was essentially the same information as what was on the check out screen. When I was notified that my order has been shipped, I noticed that I was charged two separate shipping fees. I called GoTickets.com to find out why and ask for a refund on one of the shipping fees. The person I spoke to (Danielle) said it was because the tickets were from two different sources hence the two shipping fees. I argued that it did not show that on the check out screen and the subsequent e-mail that was sent from their company. She said it was in their Terms of Service (TOS) that their can charge more than one shipping fee and because I checked the box that I've read the TOS they did not have to do the refund. I told her that was deceitful and misleading and bad business practice. I asked to speak to someone higher than her, but apparently she is the manager. Needless to say, I did not get my refund. So I'm here warn others out there to be weary of GoTickets.com. Don't expect sympathy from them what-so-ever.

As a side note, their site might not be as secure as they claim. The day following my order with GoTickets.com I had an unauthorized charged on my credit card and was forced to cancel it. So again beware of GoTickets.com.

So

Comments

• Al
      6th of Nov, 2010

I've also had a charge after buying from their site and do have to cancel my card when the investigation is complete also I ordered my tickets on sept 9th for a game on dec11th and still have not received the tickets yet and we are nov 5th... I also paid 56$ for express delivery because it was a gift and still am waiting after almost 2 months...more than anything though please do not go with gotickets you will have to cancel ur credit card afterwards! Trust me!!

• Du
      15th of Nov, 2010

i have ordered from gotickets multiple times for anything from beastie boys tickets to red sox and have never had any issues; credit card or otherwise. as it was explained to me, shipping is from the date the tickets are released, not when they are ordered ... kind of in the same way that you might pay ahead of time for season tickets but not get them until right before opening day.

• Sm
      24th of Dec, 2010

I wish I would have seen these posts before I had asked my husband to buy me a NKOTB ticket from the gotickets.com email I received. We too were scammed out of a lot money from this company. My husband paid approx. $150.00 or so for my 1 ticket for the shipping, fees, etc. to find out when we received our ticket it only costed $35.50 for my seat and the ticket is actually in someone else's name. When my husband called the company to complain, they said they bought back someones else's ticket this is the reason why this other persons name is on our ticket and they can re-sell the ticket for as much as they'd like. Well they got us good! I'm highly disappointed. The concert is in June 2011, I only hope the ticket I do have to the concert is legit... We're unfortunately out of money for a measley $35.50 seat. Don't buy from this company! They'll rip you off too -- guranteed! NKOTB disappointed fan... :O(

• Up
      30th of May, 2012

I ordered MLB tickets from Gotickets and within four days I had to cancel my credit card because it was being used for illegal purchases. This was the first time I used my card online in months and I only used it at this site, so I am fairly sure that the information was taken from this site. I would not recommend using gotickets and will never use them again.

14th of Sep, 2013

Ordered tickets in March 2013 for a Sept Jason A. Concert. I had to call company twice because I never received tickets. During second phone call, I was informed that they only had 4 of my 5 tickets available. They offered 5 tickets in completely different section. I received the tickets only a day before concert. Will never use or recommend this company again.