Gothic Cabinet Craft / BUG INFESTED STORAGE BED

New York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-801-3100

Ordered an unfinished storage bed from these guys...It arrived on time but as i went to begin the finishing process i discovered bugs in the drawers...tiny but many...I freaked out and called the company they refused to take any responsibility only offering to have someone come and sweep them away. They went as far as saying I put them there!..I took the bugs to a pest control entomologist and they were determined to be bark lice and plaster beetles. The former living in the bark of wood under moist conditions and the latter in ware houses...Luckily neither harm humans or animals but I still had to fumigate my apt and be out of my place while the mess was cleaned up...A MAJOR hassle. I disputed the charge with my Credit card and Gothic blatantly lied about offering a discount at the time i first complained and lied about the delivery...saying it did not arrived wrapped in plastic...which it did.

Overall a nightmare...since I couldnt prove the bugs were from them..I mean I didnt have an entomologist on hand to inspect the delivery...I lost the dispute.I probably wouldn't win a court case against them so I'm out 800.o0 ...SO BUYER BEWARE...shop elsewhere...

Comments

• Me
      19th of Jun, 2013

Also ordered a platform bed from Gothic in Elmsford NY .It was delivered on May 23rd 2013.Immediatly started getting bitten by bugs on my body and both my children.Called and reported plus brought in photos to the store.Contacted Greg at Corp.Office and he told me if I felt it was an Emergency with my problem to hang up and call 911.After a lenghtly conversation he denied the bugs came from his store and I needed someone to blame the bugs problem on and denied that it was Gothic's fault.Had to throw out 3 week old bed, mattress, and computer desk.Also ALL the childrens toys.While taking the bed apart the bugs were crawling EVERYWHERE.Climbing up walls, hiding behind picture frames hanging on the wall and in the cracks and crevicises on the frame and underneath the bed frame.Had to call in a bug specialist to fumigate 2 rooms in the house.Now myself and both children are sleeping on a blow up mattress on the livingroom floor.GREG is a heartless and arrogant man.Several complaints are now reported and being worked on.Taking 56 pictures to the City Health Dept. and Consumer Protection and BBB.Also printed out other peoples complaints about BEDBUG and other bug infestation from GOTHIC Furniture.BUYERS BEWARE!!! DO not under any circumstances buy from GOTHIC.