GotBody.com / Shared my credit card info

I made a purchase on their website. 2 weeks after that I got a charge from lifestylefit.com for 29.95. It turns out the good folks at gotbody.com signed me up for a service AND shared my credit card info without asking me. I called and asked to speak to the owner. I left a voicemail asking him to contact me to explain why he had done this but big surprise he never called back
Moral of the story DO NOT SHOP AT GOTBODY.COM

Sc

Comments

21st of May, 2009
    lifestyleandfitness.com - Unauthorized credit card charges
    Bromalite
    lifstyleandfitness.com

I orderd Bromalite online but cancelled before the trial period was over. I found a charge to my credit card from lifestyleandfitness.com.

I went on an online chat with a customer service rep and was told that I had an active account because when I ordered bromalite from the internet, " I agreed that I would access to lifestyle and Fitness.com for a given period of time, and they send me an email notification that I was enrolled in the program. and thatjust because I cancelled bromalite, it did not automatically cancell lifestyle and fitness". RIP OFF!

I DID NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL NOTIFICATION saying anything about lifestyle! Arrggghhh. Hate deceptive marketing!

• Wi
      9th of Jun, 2009

I agree with the above complaint. I have been a steady customer and have liked dealing with GotBody. I also found strange charges on my credit card. Contrary to what the company rep says I received no notice unless it went into my junk folder. My emailed receipts from GotBody make no mention that I have signed up for a monthly service. I am very wary when I order online. I was told by the GotBody customer service person that there was a pre-checked box at checkout saying I wanted a free trial of the Fit Factory program. Well I didn't put the check in that box I contacted Fit Factory and was informed that knew what I was getting into and that they could "not at this time" issue a refund. What I find puzzling is that GotBody would pull a stunt like this (A pre-checked box for god's sake. Let the customer check the box if he want it.) and alienate a potential lifelong customer for a cut of some sketchy "service".

• Lm
      29th of Jun, 2009

I also was signed up for a "hidden" membership. I NEVER received a e-mail concerning this "Membership", just a charge on my debit card. I called the FITNESS HUB representative and she canceled the membership and finally said I would receive a refund to my account by the next bank statement.

The order I placed with Gotbody was never filled and canceled due the product not received. There was NO obvious box checked to agree to the membership and my account was furnished to an unknown scam business.

Don't do business with Gotbody unless you are willing to pay a $29.95 "hidden charge" a month later!

• Dc
      29th of Jun, 2009

I too placed an order with gotbody.com, and was billed $29.95 a month later for some "FITNESSHUB" membership, which I never agreed to, was NOT notified about, or anything!

I called the provided 800-881-9424 telephone number, and was treated very rudely, they refused to refund my money three times, until I threatened to file a "chargeback", and turn them into the BBB! They FINALLY agreed to refund my money, but it remains to be seen if they actually will do so.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION TO, OR ORDER ANYTHING FROM GOTBODY.COM!!!

2nd of Jul, 2009
    GotBody.com - Unauthorized credit card charges
    California
    Maryland

I purchased some products from GOTBODY.COM and a month later I found an unauthorized credit card charge from lifestyleandfitness.com. I disputed the charge and this is the story. On my check out page there was a prechecked box for a trial subscription to lifestyleandfitness.com. I did not see the box and did not uncheck it. My checkout receipt did not list the trial subscription so I had NO IDEA I had signed up for anything. lifestyleandfitness.com claims to have sent me an e-mail with subscription information. I would have deleted it without opening it if I did receive it since I was not expecting such a notice.

Therefore I missed the 7 day cancellation period and monthly charges started hitting my credit card.

Five months later I am still fighting to get my money back. lifestyleandfitness.com, on the phone, has agreed to reverse the charges because I never logged into the site. However, it has been 30 days since they agreed and I am still not whole. In addition they have told me they are having trouble with their financial institution so random, charges and credits are hitting my credit card. I am still $70 in the hole.

I am furious that a trusted vendor (gotbody.com) would do this to me and will not be doing business with them anymore. I consider this marketing technique unethical on the part of both gotbody.com and lifestyleandfitness.com. I will probably have to cancel my credit card and get a new one.

2nd of Jul, 2009

Regarding the comment from fitness factory online customer support.
    I started my dispute with my credit card company because I had never heard of you and had no idea I had been subscribed when I placed an order for Enduralyte on gotbody.com. I was not about to contact you and hand over personal information that would allow to access more than an account.

When you responded with documents regarding my subscription, it was clear that you all ready had my personal information so after receiveing three unauthorized monthly charges, I called you. Because I had never logged into the account (how could I since I did not know about it) you agreed to cancel the subscription. The monthly charges at least have stopped. You also agreed to refund my money. It has been over a month and only part of the charges have been credited but others have been charged.

I have been trying to resolve this mater for 3 months and promises are cheap. You can still give me my money back but my time is gone. This is not an ethical way to do business. If people don't want your service without you tricking them into it, I have to think that you run a business designed to trick people.

• Pd
      29th of Jul, 2009

I have a charge pending on my credit card from Fitness Hub and I contacted them and was told that I authorized GotBody to sign me up for their membership. They are supposed to credit my account, but I have threatened them that I would start a class action lawsuit against them if they don't refund my money. I tried calling GotBody and was sent to the owners voicemail. I'm sure I will not hear from him, but I also threatened him with a class action lawsuit. All I know is GotBody has lost a customer and I will tell everyone I know not to order from them.

• Ba
      11th of Sep, 2009

After making an online purchase from GotBody.com, my credit card received a charge of $29.95 from FitnessHub. This is a scam allowed by GotBody.com, do not purchase from that website. (Fitness Hub also known as Fitness Factory, Fit-Fac, Fit Factory, similar dba).

I have made many previous purchases from GotBody.com with no problems, then they claim that on my last purchase I agreed to a 14 day free trial membership to Fitnesshub, and if not cancelled they begin charging my card $29.95 per month. The email confirmation from Gotbody.com does not list a membership to a different company. Going through the Gotbody.com purchase system, there is never an agreement presented to the customer, and their customer service people cannot produce the agreement. I called the fitnesshub 800-881-9424 number and a processing agent in the Philippines immediately agreed to refund my card, leaving the charge on my account for no more than 30 days. Her manager Mona Alera in the US gave me the Fit Factory address of 305 W Broadway #114, New York, NY 10013, and said they are not responsible for the interest charges resulting from their charge.

I called my credit card company, they said this charge will have a dispute filed against it and I will not be liable for the interest charges, and the Visa representative said they do get many disputes against Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

Do not purchase from GotBody.com, they are one of the companies giving the credit card information to Fitness Hub and Fitness Factory.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Our company represents some of the Fit Factory programs which may show on a billing statement as Fitness Hub. Fit Factory is a companion program that comes with various Dietary products and I apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred when you purchased your dietary supplement(s) online. Fit Factory offers our customers live chat support with licensed Fitness Trainers and Dietitians, flash galleries for yoga and workouts, links to recipes and can also assist with menu planning. This program also offers a variety of diets for special needs that can be customized to fit your nutrition and/or weight loss goals.

All pertinent information is provided before entering any method of payment information for your supplement - this provides you access to all the terms and disclosures, as well as Customer service numbers for your product and the companion program(s) that accompany it, for greatest support and success with your product.

Customer service for Fit Factory can be reached at 1-877-407-1022 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - and they will happy to assist you in trying to locate an account and addressing your concerns.

If you are another customer that is reading this and you have already tried customer service, but feel that we have failed you in some way or you feel you weren't treated fairly please call me directly at 435-773-1795, or email me at customerservice@cshelp.org, I will be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Online Customer Support
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DON'T BUY FROM GOTBODY.COM

I entered this complaint the morning of Sept. 10, 2009. The folks at GotBody and FitnessHub are keenly aware of their deceptive business practices, and they posted their comment to my complaint within two hours after I entered it at ComplaintsBoard.com.

Here is email correspondence from GotBody.com

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Dear Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service),

There may be an already checked opt-out formatted signup on the last page, but this is after providing my credit card information for the agreed upon transaction. The signup is not part of the original transaction and you are not authorized to bill my card. I expect compensation for the interest accruing from my credit card company due to your unauthorized charge.

Your email states that GotBody.com is working on discontinuing your relationship with FitnessHub; however, complaints listed on ComplaintsBoard.com show GotBody has been aware of the problems since January, 2009, and possibly earlier. As of September 10, 2009, GotBody.com and FitnessHub are stilll in partnership and it does not appear that you are trying to end your deceitful practices.

Sincerely,

To: k
    Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 12:27 PM

Hello K,

I completely understand your concern. The corporation that owns GotBody.com
    has decided to implement the Fit Club program on our website in order to
    remain competitive. There is a program sign-up on the last page of checkout,
    and it is an opt-out formatted sign-up. I apologize for any inconvenience
    you may have experienced from missing it. I have no problem cancelling your
    trial membership if it has not already been cancelled.

If you decide to order from us in the future, the option to sign up for this
    program will not show up as long as you sign in with the same email address.
    Our system is set up so that once you accept the offer you do not see it
    again. Additionally, our management team is working on discontinuing this
    affiliate program from our website. We do appreciate your business, and I
    apologize for the hassle. Please let me know if there is anything else I can
    help you with. Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

Yours in Health,
    Brittney (GotBody.com Customer Service)

-----Original Message-----
    From: k
    Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:30 AM
    To: service@gotbody.com
    Subject: Contact Us Enquiry

Mail From K

Last Name

I am a frequent customer of GotBody.com and recently received a bogus credit
    card charge from Fitness Hub (or Fitness Factory, Fit-Fac, Fit Factory, similar dba) after ordering from your
    site. There is no agreement to pay Fitness Hub or Fitness Factory during
    your order checkout procedure, and it is obvious your company intentionally
    submitted this unauthorized charge to my card. I will no longer purchase
    from GotBody.com.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Sd
      27th of Oct, 2009

Buyer beware - do not purchase products from GotBody.com. After purhcasing some Genisoy bars from this company in April, I was billed for 5 months at $29.95 a month by a rotating assortment fo company names including Fit Factory, MyTrainer, LifstyleFit, and Fitness Hub. I called and was told they would cancel my "membership" and credit back 4 of the 5 monthly charges. When I asked if I should call the Better Business Bureau or file a VISA dispute to get the 5th one back they agreed to credit all 5. it remains to be seen if a credit will actually be issued. I'll probably end up disputing with VISA anyway. How they can continue to do this boggles my mind. Can't some regulatory agency step in?

• Lu
      25th of Feb, 2010

I had the same thing happen! I had a charge for $29.95 on my credit card for Hubhealthy. Neither my husband nor I had ever heard of the company so we called them about the charge. They asked if I had ordered any online medical products. I said I had but not from them. They asked me to list the ones I had. When I said gotbody, they said, "That's the one. There is probably a checked box signing you up for this fitness/weight loss program." I told her I had no idea what she was even talking about. I had not received any information about any weight loss program. She's like, "Oh, I can give you all the information that can help you access this site and benefit from this program." I told her I have no interest in her weight loss program, and to just please remove the charges. I have severe GERD and have trouble keeping weight ON and needed a weight loss program like I need a whole in my head. I finally talked her into taking off one of the month's charges (unfortunately, we had missed the charge on the previous month's bill). I e-mailed gotbody and told them I would be letting people know of their scam. I won't hold my breath that I will hear back.

• Lo
      10th of Apr, 2010

Please email Day Pitney @ http://www.daypitney.com/ to add to the growing dispute with Fitfactory.com

28th of Jul, 2010
    GotBody.com - unauthorized credit card charge
    California

Ordered on-line on 7/2/10 and received the vitamins. On 7/24/10 had a charge on my credit card for $29.95 from Bio my well.com with no telephone number. Cancelled my credit card and found a lot of information on the internet about Body.com selling your credit card information to other companies!

2nd of Jan, 2011

Dear GotBody customers,

For some time, we did test an opt-out offer (along with large graphic banner and program text) located next to the "submit order" button, which was at the last step of checkout. While our intention was to make the offer prominent and noticeable, it became clear that introducing any offer into our checkout process from any 3rd party was not in line with our company mission nor in the best interest of our customers.

As part of our arrangement with Wellness-Hub, they will refund any of our customers in full for any unwanted charges. If you or any other customers require our assistance in arranging for refunds, please contact our service using the link at GotBody.com

2nd of Feb, 2011

Dear GotBody customer,

We're very sorry to hear of your experience. It's very important that we provide superior experiences every time you visit GotBody.com or contact our service team, and for that reason have discontinued all trial offers on GotBody.com. Please note that at no time did GotBody.com sell any credit card information to an 3rd party entities.

• Ji
      9th of Aug, 2011
    GotBody.com - Unauthorized checking account deductions
    gotbody.com

I ordered some products from this company back in aug 2010. I noticed that i was being charged monthly for something that I didn’t order or request. I paid for my initial order by credit card, and since then, they have been billing my checking account monthly for I don’t know what!!

• Mr
      16th of Oct, 2012

Steve: You just lost a customer

• Di
      12th of Jul, 2016
    GotBody.com - Deceptive opt out program
    gotbody.com

After purchasing products for several years on GotBody.com with no problems, I have experienced a problem where GotBody.com has created a deceptive "opt out" program with one of their affiliates (mywellness-hub.com). The bottom line: if you do not uncheck the opt out box (deceptively placed on one of the check out pages) then GotBody.com forwards your credit card information to a "wellness company" in Utah where they automatically enroll you in a program that costs $29.95 per month. When the company was contacted they stated I received an e-mail indicating they were making the charge each month to my credit card -- you know the drill -- no such e-mail was ever received, nor was any service provided. It was only through this complaint board that I made the connection to GotBody.com. When I called GotBody.com customer service they were understanding of the charge and situation and agreed to start the refund process. They know that your mistake in not unchecking the opt out box creates problems but the revenue is too great for them to change the process. Very poor management decision -- sorry Andrew (GotBody.com CEO) but you need to ethically build your customer base, not tear it down.

12th of Jul, 2016