GoSculptura.com / Refundable deposit

1 Dominican Republic Review updated:

I was going to have tummy tuck surgery with goscultura in the Dominican Republic.. I sent them a refundable deposit if $1, 140.00. A short time later I was injured on the job. It was an umbilical hernia. Because I was worried about complications I decided to talk to a local plastic surgeon and requested to have my refundable deposit refunded. AnnMarie with gosculptura dominican republic gave me the runaround with several emails. First the doctor was on holiday for 2 months...then those in charge of refunds were on holiday...then she herself was on holiday...and then she just completely stopped replying to my emails...I wish I knew what i could do...That is alot of money to be scammed out of...and luckily though...i did have my surgery in the US because I did have complications and my us surgeon performed a second surgery for free and then saw me for an entire year without charging me any additional fees. Had I gone out of the country for my surgery...I would have been up that all too familiar creek! Do not trust sending a deposit to gosculptura. If anything happens where you need to change your mind you will not get your money back...and how could you trust these kind of people to perform surgery on you. Laura McGinley

La

More GoSculptura.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Tu
      5th of Apr, 2011

I am having the same sort of problem with GoSculptura. I was told I had to give a lot of information to get my money back and I did a few weeks ago. I emailed to find out what was going on and no reply. I also called and left a message and no response. These people are a scam. Beware.

• Ga
      26th of Jul, 2011

Why did you send this money??!!
    You never ever have to send money to someone you don't know, for any reason, no exceptions. I had my surgery done overseas (in Bolivia) and the medical center I went through never asked me any dollar in advance! I went through MakeoverTravel and if I chose to go with them and not with another company is because i trusted them when they said me: you will have to pay after your first consultation with the surgeon, after you can check the hospital where your surgery will be performed, after you meet the medical team, after we receive the results of your blood tests!! and to make the reservation of your trip we just need you send us the copy of your flight ticket. NO MORE! this is a company you can trust, not a company that asks you to pay in advance. All the companies i contacted before asked me to send money to do my reservation. Of course in case you don't want or you can't travel for any reason (even health reasons) they will never give you back your deposit. I did a rhinoplasty in Bolivia and I paid $2, 000 for my nose job, , my results are fantastic!

• Lg
      2nd of Apr, 2013

hello, huh, that is very crasy, cause ann marie gavew me arun around and kept my 500 deposit i gave her when i was going to get breast implants..at last min something came up and i couldnt go, so i caleed and called and emailed ann marie and never got an answer nor did i get my money bad to this day its 2 years and still nothing..i recomend people stay away fromANN MARIE and these people they will keep your money and they might leave you at the airport waiting obn them to come get you..