Gopro / order status and customer service nightmare

1 San Mateo, CA, United States Review updated:

GoPro promises free 2 day shipping for most items on their website. I ordered two items two days ago but the FEDEX tracking says they won't be here until the end of the week. I have spent about 6 hours the past two days attempting to call and chat with customer service (they're your only two options unfortunately) but can't reach anyone. The chat just says "all agents are helping other customer", so then you have to reload page and resubmit a page of info, just to be told the same thing repeatedly, for hours!!! So I call instead. The first time I was told by a recording that they were experiencing high call volume, and then I was again hung up on. So I tried again, only to wait on hold listening to music for two hours before I hung up. I have been a customer for about 4 days and spent about $600 on GoPro products. I think it is safe to say I will be returning everything. I checked other reviews to GoPro customer service and they seem to be the same thing over and over and over again. Billion dollar company treating customers like crap.

• Updated by rnelms, Jun 13, 2017

I finally got ahold of customer service. He confirmed items should be DELIVERED in two days (such as Amazon). His reasoning for the delay? They can't ship batteries via plane (only vehicle) because of regulations. That was pretty humorous to me, since you can order batteries a million places online and they all ship VIA PLANE. His solution was to notify his team that all of the batteries on the entire website are "mis-marked", and to return the item when I receive it for a full refund. Wow.

Rn
Jun 13, 2017

Comments

• Wi
      13th of Jun, 2017

You are confusing the words SHIPPING with DELIVERY. They promise to have the items SHIPPED within 2 days. NOT that the item will be DELIVERED in two days.

• Vi
      11th of Oct, 2017

I have had an item which is pending for 5 days now and i havent got it confirmed. I cant get through to the customer service numbers in india and its been a pain. I am still waiting to get through. The customer service number is saying "please be patient. All of the gopro executives are currently assisting other customers" How the hell am i supposed to be patient when i am hearing that for the past 45 minutes...

11th of Oct, 2017

@Viktor Toth Currently assisting other customers doesn't tell you that they are busy with other callers that called before you? The reason your order isn't confirmed is because your payment hasn't cleared. So until your bank or card, depending on how you paid, releases the funds, the order isn't placed.

11th of Oct, 2017

Two day delivery is for domestic orders, not international ones. You are in the US, they are in India. And why don't you look up the restrictions for INDIA regarding shipping batteries. Just because the US will allow battery shipping by plane, IN SPECIFIC CONDITIONS, does not mean EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD WILL. You are not experienced in international purchasing are you?