Googletree.com / excess charges

Internet scam! work at home I seeking a job to work at home. I elected to try a trial for $3.88 and was charged $72.72 . Company has a apparently bogus tel and address in La Vegas. beware!!

Comments

8th of Jan, 2009

I agreed to do a trail for3.88. My bank informed me you have taken 72.21 without my authorization. First, I want my money put back into my account, second, cancel any tranactions with your company I have and most importantly yourwill be reported to BBB

• Ly
      9th of Jan, 2009

I thought google was a reputable name, but i don`t think so now, since they allow a crooked scam company to use their name for any reason.
    I agreed to $3.88 for a work at home kit that i never recieved, then $72 72 was charged to my credit card.

• Lj
      9th of Jan, 2009

I was also taken in and $72.21 was charged to my credit card. I can't believe I was this stupid. Any idea how to recover any money? Now that they have my number, how do I prevent them from deducting anymore? These people need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sign me up to help do this.

• Je
      10th of Jan, 2009

I was also taken for $72.21 and I can't believe I did it. I still have'nt recieved my book. I even cancelled out my card and called and cancelled my order. they first said they sent me an email and then the next time I called they said if they sent me an email. what can be done about this

• Lj
      15th of Jan, 2009

I just called google money tree to request a refund of $72.21 that they took out of my account instead of the $3.88 that I thought would be taken out. They said this amount is for monthly service of being able to use their website. I spoke with Eric who gave me a cancellation number. I had to cancel my credit card as it has been used to make internet purchases I did not authorize. Thank goodness my credit union was on top of things and notified me right away when t looked like fraudulent charges were being made. Here is the number to call to cancel Google Money Tree if anyone else got caught up in this like I did. 1-866-870-4257. They told me it was not a scam. What do you think?

• Ca
      20th of Jan, 2009

I agreed to trail and called my bank and i was charged 72.21 called customer service and haven't had any luck mountain time 8:00 and it's 10:00 and they're still not open.

• Ke
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I had my last $100 in my bank so asked googltree for a trial. No problem package would be arriving soon. I called after 5 days and was told the same thing Its coming so is EASTER. I have no job and desperately need money so I was very Peed off when my bank sent me a statement where I was charge 72.21 plus 3.88 twice and to add fuel to the fire the bank charged me $29 twice because I have zero funds. I will be lodging a complaint with the AGs office in Nevada but no gairantees. and need to do it soon before I have to sell my computer to buy food. The once respectable and trusted websites should shut these people down. The same problem exists with Yahoo and scammers they dont do much. Watch out for the Tax scammers. I would like to string these people up. We should start a class action suit against googletree or google. Cheers eveyone lets hope the econmy gets better soon. Any techwriter jobs let me know

• Sh
      1st of Feb, 2009

I fell into the same problem as most folks. They debited my account for the $3.88 shipping and I have never received anything!! Then when I was balancing my bank statement, they had debited my account for $40.04 (not as much as others lost, but---). We should contact the States Attorney General for the State of Nevada and see if we can get a class action suit going against these scammers. You see Google and figure it's legitimate. I have notified my bank not to allow any further charges from these people, but they got our credit card numbers when we paid our shipping and handling fees. Everyone notify your banks also and maybe we can put these folks out of business.

• Re
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Charged my account 72.21 without my permission

• Re
      16th of Mar, 2009

My grandson saw the site "Google Money Tree" and agreed to pay the 3.48 for a trial. Last night, that site hit his debit card account for $72.21 which overdrew his account and he has that plus a $25 overdrawn fee. When I talked with the people, they refunded $36.11 but are still charging the other $36.10. The address that I was given is Google Money Tree, 2275 East Tropicana Ave, suite 8, Nevada, Utah 89119. I would like to see this outfit out of business. This is a scam.

• Pa
      26th of Mar, 2009

Hello, I too was ripped of by thes sons of ### at googletree. They keep charging my credit card account. The worse part of it is, that Bank of America keeps accepting charges from these ###. I called the B.A credit card people. They changed the account number on the credit card to prevent the charges and they still keep comming. I have called the credit company and they tell me that there is nothing they can do. I say that is Bull ### and these credit card company ### are in on it too. Maybe all of us that have been scamed by googletree/credit card company, should ban together and file a law suit against googletree and, the credit card companies that keep processing these fraudulent charges. Do you agree?...If so, e-mail me at ...pannat17@bellsouth.net and lets see if we get alot of scammed people to really make a very loud stink about it.

7th of Apr, 2009

I did the same, and they charged me 72 dollars a couple of days later and i never even recieved the kit that i paid for. Its been almost a month and still no kit and they say they will refund me the money but i have to send the kit back. How can i send something back if i never recieved it.