Posted:

scam, fraud

Oklahoma
I have fallen for the scam from Google Treasure Chest. I ordered a cd for $1.97 and had no idea that I just enrolled in a monthly scam of charges to my credit card. I have disputed my charges with my credit card twice now. They keep puting the charge back on my bill because they say I did not supply them with the cancelation number of the product. The problem is I can not contact Google Treasure Chest in any way possible, to cancel or even return the stupid cd they sent me. I have no email address, every phone number I call is disconnected. I can not talk to anyone to get anything cancled. I need help with this. Can anyone provide me with contact information so I can resolve this...so far they are charging my capitalone card $72.21. I also would like to know who I need to contact to file a complaint with these scammers, they should be sitting in jail for what they are doing.
Complaint comments Comments (691) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N  24th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Take down the picture of monkeys to Human on your search page...it is a lie!!!
A  1st of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Check Out Google Teasure took my money. I placed my order 42 days ago. I have sent them about 12 emails and no refund.
N  9th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
On my daughters bank statement was a charge for 72.21 that she never made and a phone # she could call about the charge. When she called the number it was google.

She called and talked to a couple people about the charges and they tried to tell her that she signed up for something that she didn't sign up for.

She tried via the company to get her money refunded and they flat refused.

She is now in the process of taking legal steps to get her money refunded.
N  3rd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Google Treasure Chest - Charged my account before expiration date of trial period
Google Treasure Chest

Google Treasure Chest, unethical ways of conducting business. Charges account for free trial membership of coaching and sales help and never provides information. Charged my account before expiration date of trial period.
A  11th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was also scammed and had no clue what to do at the time. I know it's been forever since it was taken out of my bank account but can I still do something about this?
A  14th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
these MF lied and charged me $89.00 when there was nothing on the page that said anything about other charges. You can't trust any of these people. if they don't have a number to call and address printed don't do it. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one. this will be the last time i get something off the internet unless i can pull them off the bbb and talk to someone. I AM PISSED!!!
N  9th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I looked at my online banking this morning and noticed that $72.10 was taken out without any knowledge that I would be paying or owed them ANYTHING. When I called them they said that I got a CD from them for $1.97 and I have to pay monthly $72.20 for a website that I never been on. I asked them if they can see if was ever on there so called site and they don't have access to that. They told me i would have to pay out of my pocket to mail there CD back with a letter. Now my account is in the negative and my card is canceled all thanks to Google Chest!
N  9th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Google Treasure Chest - Scam charge
Google Treasure Chest

I recently sent of for a work from home kit from google treasures.com, for £1.36 over a month ago. I never received the pack in the post. Googletreasures.com and since charged me another amount for £50.55 on to my credit card. I have been unable to contact them by telephone but have since monday sent them an email every day, with no response back. I am a a loss what to do next!
N  5th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also had an unauthorized charge of 78.92 and then another for 2.95. It was supposed to be a 1.00 fee and then when I was sent the website address, it was not found. Please help! How do we go about being refunded!!!
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
I never used the service and when I tried to cancel I was told the computors were down. I gave appropreate info and told to cancel. I also canceled via internet. I was still charge 3 times equaling $149. They are fighting my bank!!!
N  11th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
@KRAMDEN

If you are making loads of money then you must be one of the crooks that are running or working for this scam
N  11th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I'm making loads of money with GTC. The 72 bucks was a bargain.
Thanks GTC.
A  3rd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
They are shut down.
There should be no problem getting your $$ back.
Keep on them!

D
A  3rd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Good news CITI Bank just refunded last friday my$ 72.21 from these clowns.
I'm finally finished with this BS.

SO keep on your financial institute don't let up.

D
A  2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Update - I got all my money back from my credit card company that Google Treasure Chest cheated me out of . I also sent my credit card company (Citibank) copies of all the complaints posted on this website.

Google Treasure Chest needs to be shut down! Beware of these guys, they are criminals.
N  31st of Aug, 2009 by    -2 Votes
i was JUST about to sign up for this online opportunity. im a waitress- (with a degree mind you, unable to use it for any real money given the economy) just looking for something to help pay the bills, i mean im working two jobs here... and google...being a fortune 500 company... well i was disappointed to read all of this but VERY grateful they didnt get my business and whats left of my bank account. they surely would have drained it. thank you to everyone who have posted their experiences. really. thank you.
N  25th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thanks JGraceyStinson I still have not contacted these people but that provided me with the lawsuit filed and links to submit complaints to the FCC. I hope these dirtbags get what is coming to them. :)
N  25th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Try these two places.

A  5th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
HELP FOR A FEE

Watch out for fake recruiters and charlatans who promise to train you for a lucrative new career. A well-known scam of the latter type is Google Treasure Chest, which offers people a cheap DVD that will teach them how to prosper placing Google ads. But in the small print of the buyer’s agreement is notice of a $72.21 monthly charge. Stopping the charges proves difficult; some people claim to have gotten relief only by changing their credit card numbers. Google Treasure Chest didn’t reply to requests for comment.

N  4th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

Google Treasure Chest - "SCAM"
Google Treasure Chest

I was completely unaware of fraudulent charges on my visa that had been ongoing for several months, and I became aware after recieving overdraft statements from my bank. Why can't "those people" get real jobs, and not leach off of hard working persons like my husband & myself ?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree