Posted:

scam, fraud

Oklahoma
I have fallen for the scam from Google Treasure Chest. I ordered a cd for $1.97 and had no idea that I just enrolled in a monthly scam of charges to my credit card. I have disputed my charges with my credit card twice now. They keep puting the charge back on my bill because they say I did not supply them with the cancelation number of the product. The problem is I can not contact Google Treasure Chest in any way possible, to cancel or even return the stupid cd they sent me. I have no email address, every phone number I call is disconnected. I can not talk to anyone to get anything cancled. I need help with this. Can anyone provide me with contact information so I can resolve this...so far they are charging my capitalone card $72.21. I also would like to know who I need to contact to file a complaint with these scammers, they should be sitting in jail for what they are doing.
Complaint comments Comments (691)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I got charged 1.97 for shipping.. I signed at night and then this blog...called early morning, to cancel the account, they said shipping cannot be returned because this is not a fradulant charge (even though there was nothing shipped).

The customer service guy asked me which website I used to sign in-- This tells me that they have more than one, which indicated its fradulanacy. Aslo he was reading the terms and conditions and he by mistake read some other websites terms and conditions...

I was automatically signed up for two other companies Fraud SafeLockID and GrantSpring for just $19.95 and $14.95 a month.
Customer service guy said they are no longer partners with GrantSprings, so I will have to call the membership. I called there it was SOME OTHER COMPANY!!!
I called SafeLockID and the call would not go through!!!

Does that mean I will be charged 19.95 and 14.95 every month??
and also dreading the $72 charge every month in spite of canceling the account.
What on earth was I thinking, I am jobless and thought this might be a god way to make money. Now I am further ripped off.
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Well I say we get together, find everyone that's been scammed and file a joint lawsuit against this people. Just because I put in fine print “your house is mine after seven days do to this terms and conditions" does not make it so. It is time that these types of scams feel the full weight of the law and be imprisoned for their crimes against all who have fallen for their dishonest actions.
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just subscribed to the google easy profit yesterday and went through the terms and conditions...i figured there must be a catch for paying only shipping and handling 1.95 only.
I have contacted the customer service and they have cancelled my trial subscription to easy google profit 47$ and trial subscription to google treasure chest $ 72 within 2 days or before the end of trial period. For safelock Id 14.95$ they said they would cancel it at the end of the day. For Grant spring they asked me to contact them on monday to cancel that as well...

Phone numbers are as follows for cancellations:
1-800-309-6980 $47 emillionaire www.productcustomersupport.com Jake Campbell
1-866-951-1406 $ 72.21 Google treasure chest Jessica
1-866-951-1406 $19.95 Fraud SafeLockID Jessica
1-888-2472155 $14.95 GrantSpring Abbey...

Regards,
SK
A  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was suppicious of this treasurechest ordeal due to the domain and affilliation thereof...so I already knew my card was on fraud alert so tho't now is my time to try this scam and catch them in their tracks.. Bingo! Got them...and the bank got them! All this happened within 10 minutes. So my advice to anyone...never try anything online without checking out the domains and check their pages for scams such as Google. And my advice to the one man's comment about the ignorance of people...well sir..that wasn't very nicely put...I would suggest more like, Google and all these "True" Honest domains to post on their front page at all times to NOVICE computer people to check out their scam pages before entering any agreement with a bank card of any kind, also I would suggest people such google, to give a well advertised link for these novice people to click on, then they are far-warned. Many people don't realize how complex being online can be. Just clicking on a website from surfing can take all your idenity if you are not properly protected and have the knowledge behind your computer skills...so MY ADVICE TO ALL YOU COMPANIES, FOR OUR PEOPLE'S SAKE AND COUNTRIE'S SAKE...help us out a little and help the novice to stop alot of this scamming crap! I love you guys and have nothing horrible to say about you..I am computer savy so I knew what to do...98% of people don't know what to do or what to look for. Come on Google I challenge you to be the first to list a huge scamming link on your computer targeting NOVICE computer people and others. *wink... I know you can pass this advice on to yahoo and so many other big websites for us! from Southern, IL
N  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
call your bank immediately put a "hot stop" on your card and apply for a new card...they normally have a phone number you can call or they may tell you a phone number to call...call it immediately and take action...from now on to all NOVICE Computer peoples...Please do your home work before applying for anything online...always go to the scam pages and check out the scam complaints before trying anything...It's most importantnot to use your card online or give out any information, for not only can you be scammed...there are other preditors out there that have special equipment to track all your personal information...your identity can be stolen and years can go by before you know it...then life gets really tough! So be computer smart..get educated. The internet is not as entertaining and safe anymore! Do yourself a favor and always check a site out for scams..also get a phone number, name of whom you are speaking to, address, and another contact number...get as much info as you can and do your ordering another way if you can..Only use reputable companies and always check out if the so-called "Seller" etc., is actually afilliated with the company it seems to endorse...for if it is not, then just figure it is a scam..and once they get your info...the rest of the world is open eyes to it! Good luck and God Bless! friend from IL
D  2nd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
You guys are kidding me???? This sounds like a scam so everyone of you didnt read the fine print at the bottom of the page that says after 7 days you authorize $72.21 to be charged from your CC. Almost all of you said you didnt authorize it and are going to the state attorney's office... they are going to laugh in your face as they should. You are all freaking idiots that fell for something that screams scam right when you see it. Good for google treasure chest they should get your money if you are that stupid. i hope all of you dont breed.
N  3rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes

google teasure chest - took my money and no product/material

tooK my money and did not get material. SCAM. 357 LL

Google Treasure Chest - Warning
Massachusetts

I, too, was going to order the "free" money making system. Like all things, READ THE FINE PRINT. When you gave your credit card number and sent for the kit, it says in the terms and conditions that you authorized them to deduct monthly, for access to their website. SURELY a scam, but always read the fine print. Needless to say, I did not submit my order.
N  3rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
If you had read the terms and conditions before you gave them your information you would have known that. You always ALWAYS should look at the very bottm of the web page for the terms and conditions link. It clearly says you have 7 days to cancel before you begin being charged $72.21 a month for the membership/acess to their website. It also states that it is in no way affiliated with Google.com, so it's actually not fraud. Sorry guys. If you haven't cancelled your google tresure chest membership already, here's the info to do so.

You can also receive a refund for any products charged to your account and sent to you:
At any time during the first thirty days, if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may call customer service at 866.951.1406 for a refund of your monthly subscription and the shipping fee. When you call, a customer representative will give you an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number. The kit must then be returned with the RGA number. You must be able to confirm delivery to receive your refund. Please ship your kit with a delivery confirmation to our fulfillment center: 405 East 12450 South, Suite G, Draper, Utah 84020. Note: This address is for returns only. All other correspondence must be sent to the address on the website.

Hope this helps, (btw all of this info and more is in the terms and conditions.)
-Kali
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
It's very unfortunate it seems that no one read the "Terms and Conditions" at the bottom of the page where it ask you to submit your credit card info. That's the first thing I did when I got to that page. It does clearly state that you are also agreeing to the $72 charge. I didn't sign up but, I DIDN'T ASSUME EITHER. Anything that starts off that cheap you can surely expect some HIDDEN FEES & CHARGES. ~ALWAYS~ Good luck to you all.

"The initial shipping and handling charge of one dollars and ninety seven cents, includes the google treasure chest kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googletreasurechest.com membership. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction. You have also unlocked a fourteen-day trial and twenty one-day trial to the Fraud SafeLockID and GrantSpring for just $19.95 and $14.95 a month thereafter (shows as "SafeLockID" and "GrantSpring") should you choose not to cancel. Prior charges for all programs are non-refundable but bonus subscriptions can be cancelled and future charges stopped at any time by calling toll-free 866.951.1406 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm."

KMc
D  4th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
Every single person in this complaint list that says they had $72.21 in unauthorized deductions from the credit card they submitted FAILED to read the Terms & Conditions link right on the same page where they typed in their credit card number. If they had read them, they would see that it clearly states: "After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googletreasurechest.com membership."

I don't work for the company, I am just a curious person like all of you. But before I punched it my credit card number, I actually took the time to READ what it was I was committing my credit card account to. You all can get lawyers and cry to your banks if you want to, but it is YOUR OWN FAULT for not paying attention.

CAVEAT EMPTOR
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
ive been been ripped also!
A  4th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
ive been ripped also! 72.21, , now what do we do about it!

Google Treasure Chest - Misrepresentation of Google
Google Treasure Chest

I've already posted the underhanded tactics of Google Treasure Chest. I looked closely at the differences between the REAL Google logo, and the one they use on their scam web site. Check it out.
N  4th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
These scam artists are not affiliated with Google. I brought both the TRUE Google logo, and the one Treasure Chest used. They fooled us by using the same colors, but the font differences are suddenly obvious. I wish I had caught this earlier. I've never fallen for this kind of B.S. marketing, ever. I'm embarrased and angry because I am now overdrawn.

I would advise filing your complaints to the Better Business Bureau - you will find they are receiving many complaints for Google Treasure Chest. I've even emailed Google to alert them.

I have had my debit card cancelled. Yes, it's a hassle, but at the very least it'll cancel any kind of access to my account for more charges.

Sucks, doesn't it?
N  5th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
TO ALL -

YOU PROBABLY ORDERED A GOOGLE START-UP KIT FOR GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST - YOU ENTERED A CREDIT CARD TO BE CHARGED $1.97 FOR S/H OF THIS "START-UP" KIT.

IN THE SMALL PRINT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN (SO YES, THIS IS AN AUTHORIZED CHARGE OF $72.21 PER MONTH FOR CONTINUED ACCESS TO THEIR "SOFTWARE").

TO CANCEL YOU CAN CALL: 1-866-951-1406

OR WRITE THEM AT:

GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST
2510 WARREN AVE
SUITE 3363
CHEYENNE, WY 82001

I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE.

P.S. ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT!!!
N  5th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just sign up for this work at home program and used my debit card to do so. After reading all of these comments, I called my bank and told them about the SCAM. They said the only way to protect myself was to get a new card, so I did. I tryed emailing a cancellation email to the email address that just welcome me as a new Client and it came back as Returned mail!. It figures!
N  6th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
YOU CAN EMAIL ALL YOU WANT TO EITHER OF THE EMAIL ADDRESSES THEY COME BACK UNDELIVERABLE. SO HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO WHAT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SAY WHEN IT SAYS TO EMAIL THEM????
I CONTACTED MY BANK WITHIN MINUTES AND TOLD THEM THIS COMPANY IS FRAUDULENT SO WILL POST IF MY BANK CATCHES BEFORE THEY CHARGE 72.21
N  6th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
i called and they told me my card wont be charged anything but the 1.97 and gave me a cancellation number. i told them my bank has been notified this is a a fraudulent company and if they try to charge my card the bank will investigate their company. and i was told no further charges will be done. i did this in less than an hour after doing this.
N  6th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I'm just curious. Is there anything on the CD that shows you how to make money? I just haven't heard anyone mention anything about Google Treasure Chest program/CD.

Thanks