Google Treasure Chest / scam, fraud

OK, United States Review updated:
I have fallen for the scam from Google Treasure Chest. I ordered a cd for $1.97 and had no idea that I just enrolled in a monthly scam of charges to my credit card. I have disputed my charges with my credit card twice now. They keep puting the charge back on my bill because they say I did not supply them with the cancelation number of the product. The problem is I can not contact Google Treasure Chest in any way possible, to cancel or even return the stupid cd they sent me. I have no email address, every phone number I call is disconnected. I can not talk to anyone to get anything cancled. I need help with this. Can anyone provide me with contact information so I can resolve this...so far they are charging my capitalone card $72.21. I also would like to know who I need to contact to file a complaint with these scammers, they should be sitting in jail for what they are doing.

Comments

Bo
  7th of Jun, 2009
sorry above email for me is bobina519@msn.com
lots of typos but in a hurry
Gw
  8th of Jun, 2009
I AM 75 YEARS OLD, I HAVE S.S INCOME. I FELL FOR THE GOOGLE SCAM-JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME WAY TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY. I ORDERED THE DISK (FREE) JUST $1.97 MAILING. I NEVER RECEIVED DISK BUT SEVERAL PHONE CALLS AND I ALWAYS TELL THEM I DID NOT GET DISK . THEN ON MAY 15 I SEE MY BANK STATEMENT ON LINE $72.21 FOR A1 MEMBER, 866-200-5473. I CALL AND THEY SAID BLAZING KEWORDS. I DID NOT ORDER. SHE GAVE ME CANCELATION AND PUT MY MONEY BACK ON MAY 18. THEN ON MAY 21 I FIND SAME PH.# AND A1 MEMBER AGAIN FOR $38.84. THIS TIME THEY SAY NO CANCEL BECAUSE ACCOUNT OVER 7 DAYS. THEY GAVE ME THIS ADDRESS AND TOLD ME TO WRITE THEM FOR MONEY BACK. GRANT MASTERS 51 WEST CENTER ST. BOX 621 OREM UTAH 84057. BEFORE I COULD WRITE THESE PEOPLE I FIND IN MY JOINT BUSINESS ACCT. A DEBIT FOR 63.78. THIS TIME FOR POWERSELLERS GUIDE-888-247-3097. COULD NOT GET ANY INFO. ON JUNE 7 I RECEIVE E-MAIL FROM POWERSELLERS GUIDE SAYING THEY WOULD TAKE OUT MY MONTHLY FEE ON JUNE 10. THEY GAVE ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS AND OF COURSE THAT DIDN'T WORK. I CALLED THE PH.# AGAIN AND THEY SAID I OPEN ACCOUNT ON E-BAY SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS FOR AND THEY CANNOT RETURN MY MONEY.I TOLD THEM THEY BETTER CANCEL AND NEVER TOUCH ACCT. AGAIN. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY GOT THE JOINT ACCT. CARD BECAUSE I ALWAYS USE MY PERSONAL ACCT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I CANCELED MY DEBIT CARD FOR MY PERSONAL ACCT. AND GOT NEW CARD NOW I FIND ON ONE OF MY CREDIT CARDS LISTED FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT ORDER. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. WILL I HAVE TO CANCEL ALL MY CARDS???? THEY ARE GOING TO CAUSE ME ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS, IS THERE NO WAY TO STOP THESE PEOPLE FROM STEALING FROM ALL OF THESE PEOPLE LIKE ME JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME HONEST WAY TO MAKE EXTRA MONEY...gsmart777@sbcglobal.net
Mr
  8th of Jun, 2009
I got the CD - however I didn't authorize the $72.21 charge to my card (account). When I called, I was told that the "refund department" was backed up and the refund would be issued with 2 weeks. 2 weeks and 2 days later, I got the run around again. 30 days later I was told that an attempt to issue the refund was made, but that my bank bounced it back - the excuse was that there must be a block. I contacted my bank and no block was in effect. I called back and explained this they said they would re-issue the request again - today the phone is disconnected. How do we get our money back!!!
Br
new number located to the GOOGLE TREASURE CHESY FRAUD 888 2561248

BRBC
Ta
  8th of Jun, 2009
I also was charged the 72.XX, then lo and behold charged another 24.xx, then this month an additional 38.XX for something called safelock. They are also RUDE and unwilling to credit the charge back to my accocunt. I told the person i SAW the charge on my credit card, therefore, they should be able to see the charge in their system. He was probably hoping I would go over the trial period they require so I wouldn't be able to get my money back. What your credit card statements, bank statements etc... the name will change, the company is the same. Safe lock & A-1 have appeared on my statements.
hola
tomaron de mi tarjeta de credito $ 72.21 y yo no autorize que descontaran ese monto de mi tarjeta,
asi que pues viendo que somos muchos a lo cual les esta pasando esto podemos juntarnos y hacerle una demanda.
Ya que no responden a mi pedido de que me devuelvan mi dinero esas van a hacer las medidas a tomar.
  9th of Jun, 2009
I fell for this a few weeks ago. So went to the site again pretending to be interested - but did not input info. As I was exiting the site, a "LIVE" agent window chat came up. So I played along. See how coniving these sharks are:

Jenny Says: Wait! Don’t Leave! My name is Jenny and I have just been authorized to give you a CHAT ONLY DISCOUNT!

CLICK HERE now to get $0.99 SHIPPING!

Jenny Says: Just type 'HI' or 'Hello' in the space below to let me know you are there.

You: Wow.. only .99

Jenny Says: This amazing offer is only available through this chat and for a limited time. CLICK HERE to take advantage of this deal.

You: But how much is the membership after the trial period?

Jenny Says: When you order right now, you will get your Risk Free Trial Kit and all you have to pay is the Chat Only Discount price of shipping of just $0.99! CLICK HERE to get yours now!

You: I need to know if my cc will be charged after the trial period?

Jenny Says: No credit card? CLICK HERE and get a credit card now. It's absolutely free with no credit checks…

Jenny Says: It's a great credit card and you can apply online!

You: Is there a membership charge after the trial period?

Jenny Says: When you order right now you will receive our Risk-Free Trial Kit! All you have to do is pay for the Chat Only Discounted shipping of just $0.99! CLICK HERE now to get your trial!

You: I know this is a SCAM -unfortunately I fell for this and is now out $96. It's impossible to get a refund.

Jenny Says: No, this is not a scam! We are so confident that this will help you make money that we are offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

You: Tell me - is there a charge after the trial period

Jenny Says: You will get Real, Live support to answer any question and help you every step of the way! CLICK HERE now and get your kit for just $0.99 Shipping!

You: I already fell for this sad to say & now out $96.

Jenny Says: Oh, if you've already made your purchase and have no further questions please feel free to close this chat and have a nice day

PLEASE BEWARE YOU ALL
Em
  9th of Jun, 2009
I was charged $63.71 between Grant Spring/Safe Code ID within 5 days. Called and cancelled. SCAMMED!!!
Wi
if you were charged $96 you must be canadian...there
is no chance to get your money back!! cancel your credit card and cancel your subsciption with google
treasure chest and document and keep in communication with your credit card company and change your credit card number and even then you have no gaurentees of no charges next month
if you do then the bank has to dispute the charges
this google treasure chest is worse than a computer virus
  9th of Jun, 2009
Wilf - I am fully aware that a refund at this point is simply impossible - the cc has been cancelled and shredded and the bank aware of the same. I was unfortunately charges 2x - the first was for $72 & change and another for $24 so that's how I cam up with the $96. I totally agree how terrible for these people to prey on others this way - that's why I posted here to send warning to others.
Thanks for the feedback.
Wi
for me it was $72.21 converted to $91 cad in may
cancelled...next mont another $72.21 converted
to $87.23 cad and $25.00 overdraft on my mastercard which was reversed today after many phone calls to mastercard now they say keep watch of your statements every month and they will reverse any more new charges after the cancellation date
Lc
  9th of Jun, 2009
THERE SEEMS TO BE ENOUGH OF US SCAMMED, WOULD WE BE ABLE TO FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT??
Nm
  10th of Jun, 2009
I was charged 72.91, 1.95, and 2 dollars and some change. I called them when I received the cd and told them that I was unaware of the membership and could not afford it. I returned the cd and within 2 wks. had my money back. Make sure you get peoples names, extensions, and any contact numbers to refer to. This company also gives other companies your info too! The following week there was a charge on my account for 24 dollars and change from Grant Springs. No clue who they were...but they were affiliated with these ###s. Even if you don't want to cancel your card, I would advise that you do IMMEDIATELY!! Your info is being passed around and you have now accumulated all these membership fees. If you don't want to worry about it night after night...please get a new card. As for the 24 dollar charge, I called the company and spoke with someone who could barely speak English and got the address to send my complaint to. We'll see. At least I got the 72 dollars back and learned my lesson. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is!!
Da
  10th of Jun, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have spent quite some time reading all the complaints from consumers about this scam. The most important step you can take is to cancel your cc cards and debit cards. Get new cards with new numbers because your current financial cc or debit card numbers are being passed on to others. This is the same as Identity Theft and you cannot be sure where it can lead.

Notify your banker that you have become the victim of an internet scam and that your financial information has been compromised and has been passed on to others that have no business with the information. Follow your bankers advise on what the best method would be to safeguard against further debits stemming from this scam. Insist on placing fraud charges against the debits that you are receiving as they have not been authorized by you. The fraud charge places the burden of regaining your money on the bank that is releasing your money.

After you have taken this step then it is okay to try and regain your money by calling any numbers you have connected with the debits. Let the people you talk to know that you have closed the door to your finances to them and that you have placed a fraud alert on any further illegal activity coming from them in regard to that dvd kit.
Se
  11th of Jun, 2009
Like the others here, my credit card was also charged $72.21 After this charge, I was charged again for $38.84! Watch your credit card statement because they also go by A1 Member.

The phone numbers on my credit card statement show up as Great Britain.

The advertisement was for a "Kit" for $1.97. This so called "Kit" was to arrive in 2 to 3 weeks via the mail. It never arrived! I never received the promised payment confirmation email, I never received an email or any notice refereeing me to another website, I never received a password or anything else from this so called "company".

I had to change my credit card account number on an account that I have had for 20 years! I am so angry my head is about to explode. My credit card company is going to send a form for me to fill out and sign so that I can dispute these charges.

I am not going to let this go and I would advise all the others here that got ripped off by this company to also not let this go!

Regarding another complaint left here-
Don't let them tell you that this was for a 7-day trial; that is a joke! I printed out my receipt and it clearly says that the offer was for a kit to arrive in 2 to 3 weeks! I have attached a copy of my receipt and hope that it might help the others here that were ripped off. By the way, the tiny text on the bottom of the receipt is about how they are not affiliated with Google, it does not mention any 7-day trial!

I didn't expect much for $2 and assumed I would receive a CD in the mail. I figured for $2 what do I have to lose! I lost $113.87! I would have lost more if I had not called my credit card company. It is clear that they were going to just keep charging my credit card! Beware, if you have not done something to stop it, they will keep charging you!

I am seriously considering a class action lawsuit against this company and would like to know if any of you are interested? I can be contacted at - seattleclockcompany@msn.com
Ti
  11th of Jun, 2009
I have also been scammed by this company. Last week they took $38.84 out of my debit card and now again this week they took another 38.84 out. By reading your comments, I think the only thing to do right now is cancel my debit card and get a new one.
Ticked Off!!
De
  11th of Jun, 2009
Warning...Don't purchase Google Revoloution or Google Treasure Chest. I purchased a cd from Google Treasure Chest, after seeing an online ad. The cd was ordered in april and did not come until May 2009. When I put the cd in to get the information, my fruad portection came up and would not download the info...because it had a Trojan virus attached to it. I didn't notice anything at first until my account went overdrawn. Google Revolution is purchased online with instant access to the website and supposedly easy setup, and little startup cost. They told me that I was being charged the amounts, because I went over the (7) day trial period...however they sent me a confirmation email stateing that I had (14) days...Save any and all correspondance from them. Get names and control numbers if possible.

The amounts were basically the same as the other complaints...$72.96, 38.32 relatively small amounts until you get down to a low bank account balance. Thet got me for $298.00 before I caught them. I called all the numbers and they were to company's overseas and because of the heavy accents you can hardly understand what they are saying. They also gave me a fake email address to get my money back. They also charged for a service called Simple Money Training at $73.83 and also international fee were charged because they are mainly base in the country of England..these fees are from .96-10.70 depending on the amount charged (your bank charges this fee)

The one company I notified said they will credit the money back to my account. I called my bank and closed my charge card. I also gave them all the numbers listed and all website info. In these hard times this kind of activity will cause someone to get hurt if you could get near them.
Pe
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It's just a big scam. All the files they offer are public domain, anyone can find them and download them. If you read the fine print (like 3 pages of it), they BURY the phone number you need to call in order to cancel your membership, way down near the bottom of the last page. Also, when you call in to cancel they will try to "wait you out" by keeping you in the hold queue for like 2 hours in hopes that you will just hang up.

It's just dirty dealing and these ripoff companies should be prosecuted by the US Attorney.

Some tips to help you avoid a scammer:

1. If it's too good to be true...it more than likely is (Golden Rule)
2. No contact information on their website (phone #/email/Street Address)
3. A poor rating with the BBB
4. Same company w/ a different name
5. Dollar amounts written out in letters instead of numbers
6. And lastly, just research the company like you finally did here
Ch
Mj
  11th of Jun, 2009
May we all need to get a attorney, and get a class action lawsuit started. anyone know a good attorney?

Google Logo Google