Google Treasure Chest / fraudulent deduction from card

1 Naples, FL, United States Review updated:

After purchasing a cd for $1.97 about one week later there was a charge to my account for $72.21 which I did not authorize I read the terms and conditions and there was no mention of such a charge this is a complete scam.. I have cancelled my card so that they cannot do it again I have reported them to my bank which is doing a fraud check Their number is no good and no one ever answers the phone. To anyone else please do not fall for this work from home scheme. It was very well done. I have never been scammed before and I will never be again.

Comments

• De
      16th of Jan, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - Unothorized charge $72.21
    Google Treasure chest
    Phone: 1888-705-1275

I was charged 3.95 to my account from Google Money Tree and then Ireceived Another charge From Google Treasure Chest Did Not receive anything from these companys Trying tocall 1888-7051275 and it is a recording will have to cancel my account the charge was 72.21 and a overdraft fee of 28.00

24th of Jan, 2009

This also happened to me. I never received anything in the mail and my account was conveniently charged during non-business hours.

26th of Jan, 2009

I just discovered that eventhough the internet ad said that the material was free if I paid the shipping of 3.88 I have a charge to my account of 72.21 which I never authorized and am disputing through my bank.

• Lo
      2nd of Feb, 2009

same thing happen to me

• Th
      2nd of Feb, 2009

On the 12th of January 2009, I requested the free Google Treasure Chest materials for the price of shipping($3.88).
    On the 13th I underwent open-heart quadruple bypass surgery.
    On the 1st of February I was billed 72.21 for my "account" with google Treasure Chest. This charge overdrafted my account which has been heavily taxed with medical bills.
    I called to cancel the "account" and have them reverse the charges, only to be told that my account was cancelled but there would be no refund and that I could enjoy access to the website for the rest of the month, because I did not respond within 7 days.
    I requested to speak to the supervisor. I was told there was none.
    I requested to speak to the company president. I was told that was not possible.
    I requested the phone numbers to contact both her supervisor and the company president. I was told that she did not have that information.
    If this form of highway robbery isn't illegal, it should be. It is definately unethical and unamerican, the sleaziest of interpretations on the application of freedom.
    I am amazed that Google hasn't put their big toe down and disassociate
    from them. I trusted that they were affiliated, and had confidence that it would be above board. Only to learn that they are seperate entities, with absolutely no affiliations.
    These business types should be run out of town and banned forever, after we tar and feather them, of course.
    Tom

• Mc
      3rd of Feb, 2009

The same happened to me today. They refused me a refund. I am now disputing the charges through Visa and I have filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. I urge everyone here to also file a BBB complaint at www.BBB.org or at https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx My complaint number is 22068989.

• Ca
      6th of Feb, 2009

I too was charged the $72.21 from Google Treasure Chest even tho I canceled my order with Google Money Tree. They did refund me the $72.21 because they do have a record of me canceling my order but they can't refund the overdraft fee. They said that the only way to get the overdraft fee returned was if asked my bank to call them and have them discuss the matter and have my bank null the overdraft fee. I asked for a supervisors name or a managers name and they said they are not allowed to give out that personal information and supervisors and managers do not take phone calls... so what do they do there????
    Anyway, here's the number that I called. Hopefully some of you can use this and get your money back. (1-888-705-1275) I called at 11:00am EST and got thru without any waiting. Hope this helps other people...

-C
    Orlando, FL

9th of Feb, 2009

I w also chaged $72.21 from ogl Money Tree.

My bank is investigating. M bank seemed no to know about the scam, but II tod them the iternet is fuf comptts.

9th of Feb, 2009

I didn't write that. The Internet twisted my words. My bank has returned the $72.21, but they are investigating and I will have to fill out an affidavit attesting to the fact that I did not order this charge.

This is definately a scam. The company's website is: www.googlemoneytree.com.

• Ph
      11th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happened to us yesterday 2/10/2009. An unauthorized charge of $72.21 drawn out of our account, after my wife debited the "price of shipping($3.88)" for materials which we never received. The tragedy of this scam is that reputable online vendors will now suffer lost sales because people like us will never use any credit card on the internet again.

• Ra
      21st of Feb, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - Unothorized charge $72.21
    Raymond G. Cote
    4525 W. Twain Ave SP 219
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 702-658-5187

On the 19 of February 2008 I was charged $72.21 for something from Google Treasure Chest. I did not Order or Authorize these charges to be removed from my bank account. I request a full refund to my bank account in the amount of $72.21 immediately! I am cancelliing all contact with your company "Googles and Affiliates"!!!
    I will expect this refund by Tuesday promptly If not completed by then I will contact Wells Fargo ID Fraud protection and file a claim for ID Fraud!

You can reply to: <>

Raymond G. Cote

• Vi
      5th of Mar, 2009

I have also been scammed. My debit card info was stolen and I was charged $3.88 by Google Treasure Chest.
    I have called, emailed and provided investigation and case information from my bank and the police department.
    Still, I have not received a refund. Stay very far from this website.

• Jc
      11th of Mar, 2009

I was shock to know that I was charged $72.21 for 5 months. I call GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST 888-7051275 right away, and they said they will not refund what so ever. I reported this matter to my credit card company, they closed my credit account right away and they will send me an Affidavit to investigate this matter. What legal action can I take to go after the company? Any advices?

• Ih
      18th of Mar, 2009

I too have fallen a victim to this scam. I called and canceled my membership after I was charged the $3.88 for shipping and a man claiming to be from Google called my house and tried to talk me into using my credit cards to start a business through them. I said no. He gave me the money to google treasure chest to cancel my membership. I called and canceled and on the same day they debited my account the $72.21. I called them today and they told me they would only refund my money if I had the CD that they sent out to me. I've never recieved anything from them and all he kept saying is well we sent it out. Also I asked why my account was debited that amount on the same day I canceled and he said because they do it first thing in the morning and I called later in the day. I asked to talk to a supervisor he wouldn't let me. He told me without the CD all he could do is give me 50% back today I told him I was going to my bank and that his company would get in trouble and he didn't care. I also told him I would go to the BBB and he said he would give them all my information. This is a HUGE HUGE SCAM!! I can't belive Google hasn't shut this down yet!

• Bs
      28th of Mar, 2009

I too have been charged 72.21 for absolutely nothimg!!! My 3.88 shipping charge was just a flat lie...there is no product...and now I have no faith in "google"...something needs to be done legally!! these are certainly not the times to be taking hard earned cash from people struggling to make ends meet!! Google that we have trusted over time..where are you?!

• Bs
      28th of Mar, 2009

I too have been charged 72.21 for absolutely nothing !! I agreed to a 3.88 shipping charge but google treasure chest decided to take 72.21 instead!!! What can I do? Iknow what not to do...don't trust "google"...kind of sad..like losing a friend, , , but like most people these days, I can't afford to lose a cent! I need my money back !!!

• Tw
      28th of Mar, 2009

Well, thanks to all of you I was able to avoid the charge of $72.21. I purchased the package earlier today and after reading the comments here I called my bank. A complaint was filed on the initial charged which happened to be $1.97 in my case. The $1.97 was refunded to my account. I also canceled my card and requested a new one so that no new charges will be billed in the future. I have learned my lesson!

• He
      29th of Mar, 2009

When I printed a copy of my order there was no address listed to write to, no phone number listed to contact, and no info listed on what I ordered so there 's no way for me to prove what I ordered and how to cancel this order. What a scam!

29th of Mar, 2009

There is a big long thread about this scam at Scam.com

See: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=56093

• Fr
      30th of Mar, 2009

I read the fine print in time to cancel, at least I hope, so as I did it three days after I signed up. The number to call is 1-866-951-1406. i DID GET A CONFIRMATION NUMBER