Google Success Kit / unauthorized debit

1 NM, United States Review updated:

Was sent a prospecting e-mail with a prominent logo at the bottom, Quadrant Media
with a Canadian address. This company sent a number of other spamming type offers
mu mistake was to have given a positive reply to something called the Google Success Kit.
I gave the Google Success Kit permission to withdraw $1 from my credit card & I was debited twice.
Now I see an unauthorized debit for $11.95 charged to my card.
I decided to opt out of the system which had a bundle of other companies to sell...Down at the
bottom was the place near the Quadrant Media logo where I could opt-out. I did so, but
noticed the e-mails from Quadrant Media kept coming, including another from the the Google success kit.
I did a search entering 'Quadrant Media' and it came up they are a known spamming outfit.
Since there are other identical complaints registered here - looks like we've been scammed (again ).
Time to block my credit card...

Comments

• Lg
      8th of Dec, 2008

I received a "work at home" ad by email for the Google Success Kit for $1.00, but I never received it. I noticed on my bank account that there is an unauthorized charge of $11.95. I do not have an address to contact them directly but the charge needs to be refunded to my account immediately. This was unauthorized! plus I do not want my credit card number floating around in their hands. I have contacted my bank and requested a refund and that no more charges from them be authorized. This is a total scam & needs to be stopped immediately!

12th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a google money kit, from an e-mail I recieved. It said it was free, with $1 shipping charge. Now I have had a debit form my account for $11.95. That is a bunch of crap. I got ripped off by you.
    I want my money back! I will report this to the Better business B.
    Sarah Ogden!

• Se
      15th of Dec, 2008

i was just about to sign up when found this complaints.. the truth is the website actually have that information about xtra charges after the free trial.. it's on the page where you give them your CC info. i can't really believe that this whole scam was issued by Google, but i've found the add on MySpace.com so what that actually means? that Tom has something to do with it?

• Ra
      21st of Dec, 2008

same as everyone else obviously, paid a dollar for the kit, never got it and unauthorized debit of 11.95 deducted from my account, need it stopped and money refunded and never received product

• Je
      22nd of Dec, 2008

12/22/08 I also sent in $1 and 12 days later got hit with a $11.95 charge.
    My bank gave me the number 1-866-341-7163 (Google). Spoke to Rep, explaining the scenario and they will refund (credit my bank account)
    the $11.95 charge within 5-10 business days. Hope it happens! Good luck
    to all in the same situation. Merry Christmas!

• Do
      15th of Jan, 2009

well the same here as well firstly 1 dollar and then 29

3rd of Feb, 2009

HOW TO STOP THIS SCAM?? Please help! Am I going to pay forever???

• Do
      9th of Apr, 2009

Quadrant Media has been inundating me with spam and I've never responded to one of their emails before. Quadrant Media has illegally obtained my email address and has put me in their spam queue. They sell email advertising to big companies like google, ebay, large diet pill companies and so on. They not only expect you to remove yourself from their system (with a dead link at the bottom of each email) at http://www.quadrantmedia.com/unsubscribe/unsubscribe.php, but each email you receive has a link at the bottom for the actual company who purchased the advertising that you are supposed to remove yourself from. As soon as you input your email address to remove yourself on any of these, they know your email address is a good one and you receive another 100 plus spam messages. It says to allow 48 hrs to 10 days, depending on the company. After I mistakenly did this, I forwarded each and every email to customerservice@quadrantmedia.com with very nasty verbiage. Telling them to remove me immediately or I would file a formal complaint – which I have since done with the FTC. The voluminous spam emails didn’t stop, only came more frequently. In fact I ended up with over 181 emails from this despicable company in less than 48 hrs. So how much time would it take you to remove your email address from each and every email link?????

After attempting to remove my email via their bogus unsubscribe links, (which I never subscribed to) I decided to track down the phone number for one company in particular acaiburn.com that has sent me 15-30 messages per day with this carp. The number was a watts line and called them and in words of one syllable, told them to stop sending me spam! They wanted to know my name and customer number HUH??? I've never been a customer and with these shady practices WILL NEVER BECOME A CUSTOMER!!! They assured me that I would not receive any more spam from them. Over the next three days, 25 more spam messages from acaiburn.com and of course each one has a different bogus reply email so you can’t filter it that way. So I called them back and raised my tone about 2 octaves and about 100 decibels. I explained to them again…stop this spam! I also explained that I’ve already filed formal complaints about them AND quadrant media for Unsolicited Commercial Email which is against the law in our state and it better end immediately. Again I was assured it would end. We’re now into day number 10 with no end to the qty of spam so I looked up the info on quadrantmedia.com at dnsstuff.com found an email address for Ryan – ryan@quadrantmedia.com and began forwarding the emails to him with my same demands. No response and no end to the spam.

My next step was to find an email address I could forward these spam emails to that was some form of authority with a cc to each of the above emails. So back to the list of spam and found spam@uce.com. I forwarded each email to this email and cc’d each one to ryan as well as customerservice@quadrantmedia.com Of course there are no email addresses for the acaiburn.com, but what do you expect for a shady company?

No more spam. It immediately ended! You may want to give it a try. Almost 10 days since the last spam and acaiburn.com slipped one in again, so it got forwarded with a list of their practices and everything I’ve done to end it and it was forwarded to the above email plus cc’d to each of the companies listed.

Good luck!!! This company violates the law in every way!!! They need to be held financially responsible for the loss of time and energy, not to mention I pay for any digital info downloaded to my PC, so they owe me for that as well!!!

• Da
      13th of Apr, 2009

I agree 110 % this co should be put out of business! I have been getting e-mails one after another, I will do all the tips I’ve picked up & do the same as she did.

• Me
      16th of Apr, 2009

This a real rip off I spend more time deleting then I do reading my own mail from family and friends

• Fe
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I agree with the comments and wish someone would stop these idiots

• Fe
      22nd of Apr, 2009

Iagree with the comments and wish someone would stop them ive submmited unsubscribe e-mails at least 8 times and still keep getting their stupid e-mails when is it going to stop.

23rd of Apr, 2009

I have found the President of Quadrant Media. His name is Ryan Geddes. He is in Burlington/Oakville Ontario, Canada I had tried fowarding my spam to him at ryan@quadrantmedia.com and customerservice@quadrantmedia.com. It did stop for a few days. But IT'S
    BAAACCCKKKK! Maybe if we all do it he'll get the picture that his unsubscribe links should work. I also found out he has a Twitter account twitter.com/QuadrantMedia. And he makes fun of the fact that he got his first spam complaint on twitter " I guess the unsubscibe form isn't enough for some people" he says, well make it work DUMB A** and maybe we would think so. I don't have a twitter account but for those of you who do or want to maybe you could flood the man the way he does us with his unsolicited, trapped in spam hell e-mails. By the way there is another Ryan Geddes he works for Xbox so make sur you have the right one we don't want to bother innocent
    bystanders!

23rd of Apr, 2009

Oh by the way the lady at the BBB said to contact the FTC.gov and complain that is my next step I will let you know how it goes.

23rd of Apr, 2009

I just finished my complaint at the FTC.gov website. Very easy. I thought you all mught need the company info if you wanted to file one also. Address 99 Bronte Rd Suite 703 Oakville Ontario L6L 3C4 #2894305022. I retrieved this info from the Burlington Canada Chamber of Commerce newsletter. Please anyone with this problems COMPLAIN to them and maybe it will stop.

23rd of Apr, 2009

Me again the Burlington Chamber of Commerce # is 9056390174 tell them to stop them!

4th of May, 2009

Hi, I found this thread by doing a google search somewhat in desperation after receiving a very large number of spams from this Quadrant Media or Oakville Ontario Canada.
    I can't get over this, here it is 2009 and we're STILL dealing with this stupid problem?
    Apparently they keep doing it because they're making money.
    Who in their right mind would sign up for something sent to them via spam?
    You are causing the entire problem.
    And I agree, these people deserve nothing but scorn and I'm going to do everything in my power to cause their company to have less business. I'd like to do more but they put you in prison for that.

4th of May, 2009

by the way how can you complain to the FTC? They are the US Federal Gov, and their complaint form does not include an option to pick Canada or other countries.

4th of May, 2009

opps, I found it, they were hiding it from me.