Google starter kit / fraud / unauthorised withdrawals

1 Australia Review updated:

This is rediculase, a big company like google shouldn't just sit back, they have to refund all our money, I authorised the $1 for the starter kit, didn't get the kit, but got charged for three other things that I did not authorise ... untill when should big companies take advantage of regular people like us ??? I want my money back, and I want this stupid account I have with earncashwithgoogle stopped ... someone tell me what can I do ? PLEEEEAAAASE !!!

Kn

Comments

Br
  27th of Jan, 2009
Google starter kit - stealing my money
Brooke
Beerwah
Queensland
Australia
Phone: 0431813563

I ordered a $1.oo US trial kit. I never got the trial kit. There was a trial period, but with no product to trial it is obviously a scam! Then they took $47.75 Australian dollars from me without my permission. You thieves. I want my money back please, you can ut nit back onto my credit card. You can shove your so called product where it fits.
Anyone who can help me get my money back please contact me.
Regards Brooke.

Ni
  6th of Apr, 2009

Im so glad that I read this. Because I was just thinking about signing up for one. You are the 4th person I have read about that it having troubles. Sorry about your inconvience but Im glad that I know now.

Ni
  6th of Apr, 2009

Main phone number - (650) 253-0000, press “5″ for Customer Service or Tech Support, where you will then be directed to the Google website where you can submit an email. Here I found this on a different website.

Ly
  9th of Apr, 2009

cancel Trial membership by calling our customer care department at 1-888-563-4281 to cancel their trial subscription and to be issued an authorization number for return of the Google Riches disc. Subscriber must clearly write the authorization number on the outside of the package and return the CD to the address given by the customer care department within fourteen days from the date of enrollment . If Subscriber does not call to cancel Trial membership within fourteen days from the date of enrollment or does not promptly return the disc with authorization number

according to the terms above, Subscriber agrees to pay a one time fee of $98.04, which will be billed on Day fifteen from the date of enrollment. Once the free trial shipping and handling fee has been paid and once Subscriber does not cancel within the fourteen day Trial period, the one time fee will be NON REFUNDABLE. In addition, the subscriber will be provided access to an online Resource Center which will bill at $48.16 on the thirty first Day from the date of enrollment and we will re-bill every thirty one days at $48.16 per month until cancelled by calling 1-888-563-4281.

2nd of Jun, 2009

Google Starter Kit is totally a scam. They never sent me the Kit as a start. First they charged me $1.97 for the intro then they charged me the unauthorized monthly service for $72.21 which i never used. When i first signed up, the ad never mentioned the monthly charge. Fortunately i found it out when monitoring my credit card activity. I called the Google service they won't refund me. I already notified my credit card company for these unauthorized charges and cancelled current card. I will report to the Best Business Bureau to complaint Google's business practice. I will suggest whoever are affected should do the same.

For those who haven't signed up, DON'T! When something is too good to be true, it is!

Ar
  7th of Jun, 2009

nothappywgoogle:
The best thing to do is call the credit card issuser at the lost card number and tell them you lost your card and cease all tranactions on the account. They will send you a new card with new account number and ask you to verify you did not authorize the charges. Usually there is a type of escrow account that the bank can recover the unauthorized charges from that must be established when a company applies to do business online
using credit cards to charge customers for purchases. Never authorize charges to your personal checking account as this may allow a company to establish a revolving monthly withdrawl to this account. This could potentially empty you checking account! The only thing they stress on this site is how much to trial offer costs. They never reveal the revolving monthly charge or the non-refundable charge unless you dig deep to find it in the fine print. This is the unscrupulous way they get around defending themselves as they can say you agreed to the terms and conditions without having read them. This kind of nonsense needs to be addressed by regulatory agencies and the Federal Trade Commission if it is going to be suppressed and not allowed to continue to victimize the public who is being taken advantage of by these vermin. Good luck.
Arclight69

8th of Jun, 2009

There's another site now, http://chicagogazettenews.com/, this looks (and is named) like a legitimate news agency or paper. But then, once you look at it you can see that they only have the Google scam thing... and some obviously fake comments from people that tried it and "just look at my check!!!". Then, conveniently, you can't post any replies yourself because they are not allowing more due to spam... Oh boy.

Brooke - you should contact your bank and let them know that your credit card number has been used in a scam, at least you'll know that won't happen again...

Ch
  9th of Jun, 2009

Here is the company advertising this Google starter kit scam bull:

Clickbooth CPA

AIM: CLICKBOOTH
Phone: 941.483.4188

Am
  10th of Jun, 2009
Google starter kit - took money out of my account
google
907 kiernan ave
Modesto
California

sighned up for google starter kit and never recived any starter kit and they took 198.00 dollars out of my bank account with out promision

Ch
  10th of Jun, 2009

Call your bank and open a claim against them. Your bank will usually credit the money back until the investigation is over. If they find in your favor then no problem, If they find in their favor then they take the money back

8th of Sep, 2009

I ordered the google starter kit for a one time fee for $3 dollars. But then I have been charged $85 dollars on my Visa for the past 4 months for what? for nothing. I never gave them permission to do this & now they are nowhere to be found to be contacted, and to give me my money back. This is a scam & everyone who says that it works is also in on the scam or doesn't exist in real life & are made up.

8th of Sep, 2009

also there is no number to call for a refund to your credit card or to cancel the payments. All the numbers have been disconnected or the ones that aren't will say that they are not affiliated with the charge to your credit & will give you the run around. It is really like a wild goose chase we are on. The only way to put a stop to this is to call your credit card company and let them know the situation. They cannot get the money back that was taken from you, but they can stop your credit card from getting charged with future payments. I hope this helps. I have lost over $300 dollars from these people. I hope that you are all so lucky to have not been charged this much.

Mo
  25th of Sep, 2009

Same thing happened to me and I went to my bank and got a new card, but they wouldn't refund the charges. Saying they verified with them that they have all my information correct. Plus, when I called to cancel the kit which we never received anyway. The people on the phone acted like they didn't know what $79.90 charge I was talking about. What did you guys do? Did you get a refund?>

Da
  24th of Nov, 2009

Look at the terms and conditions. It states that if you don't cancel the trial, you will be billed! This might be the reason...
(Google Speedy Cash)Terms and conditions
1. SCOPE & APPLICATION

"1.1 By submitting an order, You automatically receive a 7-day trial to the Internet Biz Kit. Your 7-day trial begins immediately upon placing your order. You will be billed $1.98 at the time of order submission. Once Your trial is active you have 7-days to decide whether to accept Your Subscription. Prior to the expiration of the 7-day trial period, You may cancel Your subscription by calling toll-free at 1-800-497-4988 or International customers please call 00-1-646-205-0230. Should You fail to cancel Your Subscription within the 7-day trial You will be billed $79.90 at the completion of the 7-day trial and every month thereafter for continued services and hosting of your Visual Webtools software unless canceled by You."

Ye
  2nd of Dec, 2009

1. it was a scam
2. it states in the terms and conditions all the charges that would be took.
3.Your a duschbag

Gl
  17th of Dec, 2009
Google starter kit - non reciept and then additional unauthorised charges to credit card
google starter kit
New Zealand

I requested a free google starter kit which should have been free with just postage to pay, so I paid by credit card. this was on the 16th Nov 09. to date I have never reciecved any kit. since then there have been two more charges to my credit card to which I gave not authorisantion, I thought that I was only ordering this starter kit which has never arrived.

Why is someone able to use a name like Google to scam people out of money.

Pu
  17th of Dec, 2009

the exact thing happened to me .these people need to be stopped .no google kit just unauthorized charges to my credit card. i had to cancel my credit card account and now i have charges of 129.95 plus a new one of 29.95 plus one for1.00 what is this?when you hear the name google you want to trust but please dont, it will steal your money

Ar
  14th of Jul, 2010

Yepunlucky:
Do not request a refund, simply dispute the charges. If necessary lie and tell them the card was lost and you did not notice until you received a bill with unauthorized charges on it, then you called in to report the card lost as you could not find it. The bank has means of recouping this money from these companies. First they may have an excrow account that they can charge against that must be established before the company can conduct business with the credit card company. If this is not in place the bank can simply not authorize payment from the bank to the company because of the complaint. Don't worry about the bank they'll get their money. Your issue is not having to pay the credit card bill and if it take a lie to fight a scam I say it is well worth lying. Again you must READ ALL material attached to a "free" offer to determine exactly you are getting for free and what you are agreeing to pay in revolving charges if you do not cancel prior to the subscription cancellation date. Remember: "buyer beware".