Google Profit Housepure scam

J Review updated:

I am an idiot!!!Signed up for Google Profit Kit for $1.95 (vefified by my CC Company. They never give you an accurate amount so they can scam you) Then they show you the terms & conditions which say if you dont cancel within 5 day you get charged$84.84 then every month thereafter $35.47. I have since cancelled my credit card, am filing with the fraud division of our state and also sending a copy to our state attorney's office hopefully with cease and desist order both for XM and Google. How could Google let this under their umbrella for people who trust this search engine?????

•   Aug 26, 2009

This has nothing at all to do with Google.

These guys are scammers who illegally trade on the Google name and reputation. Google's AdSense services are totally, completely free. There is no charge to apply for an AdSense account, and there is no charge to earn money from AdSense.

If you understood anything at all about the real Google, then you'd know that most of their consumer services are free.

• R
      Aug 27, 2009

I, like others, am also an idiot! As soon as I read the terms and conditions, I realized that I had just been scammed. I called the toll free telephone number, and after waiting for 47 minutes, I finally had the chance to talk with someone. The person that I talked to could not find my name or order number and I was told that I had to submit and email requesting cancelation of my order. The email address was, [protected]@xmbrands.com. It took 3 trys for the email to go through, and I am NOT confident that this will be the end of this matter. I have had other websites do the same thing to me before and I had to cancel the credit card in order to stop paying the thieves resposible for these types of scams. I know, you would think that I would have learned my lesson by now. Well, now I have!

• R
      Aug 27, 2009

I, like others, am also an idiot! After subscribing to "Google Profit House", I had the chance to read the terms and conditions. I new that I had just been scammed. I called the toll free telephone number, and after waiting for over an hour, I had the chance to talk with someone. The person that I talked to could not find my name or order number in their records, but I was told to to submit and email request to [protected]@xmbrands.com for cancelation of my subscription. I have no confidence that this will be the end of this matter.
    Please be aware that there are NO FREE TRIALS in this world or on the world wide web. You would think that I, like others, would finally wake up and realize this. After this, you can be reassured that I have learned my lesson.

• L
      Sep 04, 2009

I too, signed up. I tried for 8 days straight to cancel my account HAHA before the 5 days were up). Everytime I called where it actually rang, answered & put me on hold I was on hold for 45 minutes and then 52 minutes, both times having to hang up as I work 2 jobs and can't spare all that time! Finally, after holding 58 minutes, I got a rep who then said there was nothing they could do as I was past my 5 days. I COULDN"T GET THROUGH in the 1st 5 days!!! I was charged the $84.84 but I am disputing the charge and I canceled that card immediately. I did have the opportunity 3 different times to leave a message, the outgoing message said they were helping other customers and to leave a message, but no one returned my call. This is absolutely an awful scam. How can they evewn use the Google name?