GOOGLE PRO / fraud

received work at home e-mail, looked at it, closed it 2 days later received phone call for"free cd" for 3.88 s+h. jessica valdez from closter NJ . noisy background said ok then did research and found it was a ripoff . supposedly you have 7 days to cancel or they charge you 72.21 per month. called their cust service. they never heard of me, called back the number that showed up on caller i.d. voice mail was full on the nextel cell phone . red flags went up went and cancelled credit card . sounded like a boiler room in background(assembly line rip off artists).so far noone has attempted to get my 3.88. 2 days later another e mail from google pro, opened and closed, now only a dollar for s+h from a live rep, wrote back that it was arip off and she typed that she had to go take care of other customers. my question is why does google let someone use their name?

Comments

De
  23rd of Feb, 2009
GOOGLE PRO - Unauthorized charges
Google Pro

Answered an ad about Google Pro. Free disc for shipping only. Now I find out there is a $72.21 charge on my account every month. I called the customer service phone number and all they can do is cancel the charges. They gave me an address to write to to reach the company-Google Pro.

They company on my credit card has changed from TWO PART Investments LLC to Internet Initiatives 5. I have never received anything from these people and definitely did not realize that I was getting into a monthly fee of $72.21.

I called 888-657-8585 and they can only cancel they supposed service. I asked to speak to someone and there is no one to talk to.

After doing more research they appear to be a scam company. I understand that they use the Google name to give credit to the company.

I will definitely write them a letter, and send it certified mail. Maybe I will get some kind of response.

If anyone has suggestions please contact me.

Za
  2nd of Mar, 2009
GOOGLE PRO - Unauthorized charges

A website I have been ordering from switched to Google payments. I registered on Google (similar to PayPal) and Google signed me up for their "professional services" without my permission. I have 2 bogus payments charged to my debit card, one of $3.88 and the other of #72..21.