Google Moneytree / Fraudulent charge

1 Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:

On December 4, 2008, I answered an e-mail request from Google to try their Moneytree Kit. I gave my credit card information for the postage charge which came to Can$5.04. I never received the "Kit", a CD with no paperwork or instructions, until January 6, 2009.
My credit card statement shows a charge for Can$92.44 on my January statement. The charge is for the Google Moneytree Kit. I never gave Google permission to charge my credit card for that amount. Google claims that when I agreed to receive the kit, I also agreed to be charged the US$72.21, when in fact all I agreed to was to pay for the postage.
This is as sick as it gets!

Comments

• To
      15th of Jan, 2009
    Google Moneytree - Unauthorized Charges
    Google Moneytree
    California

I signed up for a free membership with only a charge of $3.88 for shipping and handleing which they charged to my account, however they just charged my account for another $73!!! I want my money back now!!!

2nd of Feb, 2009
    Google Moneytree - Unauthorized Charges
    California

For a $3.00 and change shipping charge, this company offered a cd giving you information on available internet business opportunities. The same day I recived the cd I happened to check my checking account online and found a $72.00 charge. When I called to tell them that I had not authorized that charge they said that the charge was authorized when I accepted the terms and conditions. Seems they are sneeking the charge in the fine print. While I question the legality of this I can say that it is definitely is not ethical. It is shameful that in this economy there are people out there that are taking advantage of people that are just trying to raise a family. I am angry. Buyer beware.