Google Money Tree / unauthorized charges

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Okay, after further investigation, I went to the website: www.googlemoneytree.com and pulled up the Terms and Conditions and I will insert below what I read. I did call the toll-free number and got the same "response" as the former number I called. I read about this information from www.careerbuilders.com as I am looking for employment. At the top of the website is a very convincing story of instant wealth with FREE grant money and that is where I got started with all this Fraud! The website for that is: www.lindasbailoutblog.com. I also signed up for the FREE grant money and it said I was eligible so I paid $3.95 and I am still waiting for the CD information! That website is: www.granthelporder.com and I was charged an additional $74.95. So now I have to contend with this also! I hop some of the information I have given will help anyone else to recover there money! Please keep me posted or email me @ rita.markham@sbcglobal.net. I will be glad to talk to anyone and help if I can. Good Luck to us all!
Kathy Markham

Comments

• Be
      2nd of Dec, 2008

i received a 7day triel and 2 days later they charged my account 89.00, I had only had the trial sample 2days, I still have the samples that were left

• On
      2nd of Dec, 2008

these schemas are just like and that how they make money. There is nothing like making money easily. Assume that you have a secreat of making money easily why would you share with other ??

• St
      4th of Dec, 2008

I requested the free CD which cost $3.88 cents shipping and handling. No where did I see any other charges mentioned.
    When I got my credit card statement ther was a charge for $ 72.21 as well as the charge for $3.88. The phone number next to both charges went to a phone sex line. I am currently working with the fruad department of my credit card company to reverse the charges.

• Al
      16th of Dec, 2008
    Google Money Tree - Unethical
    Canada

The Google Money Tree is a total scam. I sent my CD back the day it arrived and I have had two lots of $90.00 CDN taken from my bank. They will not refund me either. Please file your complaints to the Federal Trade Commission. To try and stop others getting sucked in.

• Sh
      19th of Dec, 2008

Please read Comments by Sharon Rogers to Susan Pierce on 12/19/08 at "Work At Home" under Google Money Tree

20th of Dec, 2008
    Google Money Tree - tried to log in using the user name and password provided me and no matter they would not work.
    New York
    Phone: 585-287-5194

paid for on my credit card for the google money tree. I was issued a user name and password to log in and no matter what I did I was not allowed access to the site.

• Pp
      29th of Dec, 2008

I just took the advice to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. If you were also scammed by this company I suggest you do the same. You can do it all online and it only takes a few minutes. Maybe if enough of us complain they will take action against this company.

Has anyone got their money back?

• Cl
      3rd of Jan, 2009

I answered an email add, was informed that there was a 3.88 charge for the info, (thought it was thru google, which I assumed was a ligit company), I got the disc in the mail, have not even opened it, and the company has charged me an additional 73.21 for member ship that I never agreed to sign up for.

Also was told there was no refund, because since I agreed to the 3.88 they had permission to take the 73.21. I would never had purchased this if I had known any of this.

• Pv
      7th of Jan, 2009

If you had looked under the "Terms and Conditions" for the product it clearly states: "Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googlemoneytree.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of three dollars and eighty eight cents, which includes the Google Money Tree Kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googlemoneytree.com membership. blah blah blah ...No refunds of any kind . . . blah blah blah

I, too, have made stupid decisions like this in the past, but NOW I know to READ THE FINE PRINT. They may be slimy, but they DID cover their bases - legally...

• Ta
      18th of Jan, 2009
    Google Money Tree - FRAUD
    Pennsylvania

This company is a total fraud. I paid $3.88 S & H only for a CD and nothing else. Two withdrawls of $72.71 later I was informed by my ban that there in nothing they can do. The phone number they give with the withdrawl IS NOT the same that you get. The fine print on this company that the banks can't even find it. BEWARE nothing is ever free.

• Ro
      26th of Jan, 2009

good thing i found this i was considering sending for the kit...

• Ar
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Complaints in google-money-tree.com

Google Money Tree
    Posted: 2008-12-04 by Stanley [send email]

Unauthorized charges

Complaint Rating:
    When I got my credit card statement ther was a charge for $ 72.21 as well as the charge for $3.88. The phone number next to both charges went to a number that had nothing to do with money tree. When we called the number thaey could not give us any information on anything. I'm angry!

10th of Feb, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Expecting only a charge of 3.88, there was an additional charge for $72.21. I called and was told I was to have canceled within 7 days if I did not want this. However, the DVD had not even arrived within 7 days nor any other information. The customer service person would NOT reimburse my money, saying she had no authority. THIS IS A HUGE SCAM! I will be going to the Better Business Bureau.
    I think anything that shows on ADSENSE is a scam. Every advertisement you go into says you will pay for shipping or for a trial, etc. VERY MISLEADING.

• Lb
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1(866) 870-4257
    googlemoneytree.com

My compaint is the same as everyone here...Unfortunately this doesnt look like a fight I am going to win. Its horrible how a company can profit when NO ONE can say anything positive about them and they have charged hundreds, if not thousands, of people for absolutley nothing. Not even the BBB(Better Business Bureau) would answer my email.

16th of Feb, 2009
    Google Money Tree - Unauthorized Charge
    Google Money Tree
    New York

Just to let everyone know, I called the customer service number and threatened to contact everyone on this page and file a lawsuit and they refunded the entire charge plus the shipping and handling. I would do this asap!

18th of Feb, 2009

I purchased a CD for only shipping chages of $3.88. After that I logged onto the website to only find the opening page. I tried to flip through the website to only find a very the site very user unfriendly. I was also charged a monthly fee of $72 for a so called subscription, before I even logged onto the website. Since then I have tried to return the CD and get my money back. However I was only successful enough to find smug customer service rep that acted like he was doing me a favor by letting me keep the CD. And he also smuggly explained there would be no refund, and that his superiors were not interested in discussing this further.

• Js
      24th of Feb, 2009

i've just ordered this too.now i find out all of this stuff..wow.what now?

• Lw
      24th of Feb, 2009

Signed up for information to work at home. Was told I had a free kit but needed to pay shipping. Ok, $3.80 didn't sound like I was going to be taken to the cleaners. Never received the product, or an email to confirm the purchase. This was two weeks ago that I signed up for this and now today I notice a 72.00 charge on my credit card. I called up Google Money Tree to get my money back and was told that there will not be any refunds given. That I had plenty of time to cancel the account and that I should have read the very fine print before I signed up for the product. The customer service rep then hung up on me and now I need to get with my bank and file a fraud charge and a hassel.

• Bu
      27th of Feb, 2009

I was charged $72.21 from google money tree. Had put in for the free merchendise. Got a call from someone named Steve. Told him I didn't want it. Never heard anymore untill I got a charge on my credit card. Called Google Money tree. Was informed to bad. That's my problem. Called the credit card company. Apparantly it's in dispute now. Is this a scam being run by Google?

• Kt
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Sorry I forgot to add the Important information I promised:
    From Google Money Tree Terms & Conditions:

Shipping & Other Fees
    Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googlemoneytree.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of three dollars and eighty eight cents, includes the Internet Money Tree Kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googlemoneytree.com membership. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction.

If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googlemoneytree.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. You may stop payment on any pre-authorized charge by notifying googlemoneytree.com at least three business days prior to the scheduled charge date. You agree your pre-authorization and written consent to charge your debit card is given in electronic form by submitting the request for the membership, and that an electronic signature is sufficient to authenticate your authorization to charge the debit card. You further agree that these terms and conditions shall be your copy of your pre-authorization for the debit card.

Upon completion of the order form, should your credit card be declined, we may, at our option continue to try to authorize your purchase on future dates. Your acceptance of these terms indicates your additional acceptance that should your purchase of either the shipping for your free kit, or your monthly membership fee eventually approve, you will accept and approve those charges to your method of payment.

30 Day Unconditional Satisfaction Guarantee and Cancellation Requirements
    At any time during the first thirty days, if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may call customer service at 1-866-870-4257 for a refund of your monthly subscription and the shipping fee. When you call, a customer representative will give you an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number. The kit must then be returned with the RGA number. You must be able to confirm delivery to receive your refund. Please ship your kit with a delivery confirmation to our fulfillment center: 405 East 12450 South, Suite G, Draper, Utah 84020. Note: This address is for returns only. All other correspondence must be sent to the address on the website.