Google Maps / deletion of geographical information

United States Review updated:

Why Google has deleted the name of Persian Gulf" from Google maps? please do not say Google doesn't want to involve itself in politics which actually with this action it already HAS, and do not say Google does not provide every single names on maps, because the name "Persian gulf" was already there and Google deleted it few days a go!

Comments

• Tw
      25th of Jun, 2009
    Google Maps - How can you allow people to access my website when they are looking for a &Bar& or& personal escort& ??
    Two Pistols Pilot Escort
    423 E 3rd Street
    Rifle
    Colorado
    Phone: 970-625-2832
    pilotescortservices.com

I get calls all hours of the day and night from people wanting a "girl". I know that they must not have read any of my ABOUT US information.But I have heard of similar complaints from others in our business. Perhaps you should make sure of the category BEFORE you make a referal? Pilot Escorts are professional drivers who provide a service for the PUBLIC'S SAFETY. We are responsible for the SAFE movement of OVERSIZE LOADS . We are appreciated in the TRUCKING INDUSTRY and I think it is about time we were shown more appreciation by the general public. You can start by putting us in the proper category of TRANSPORTATION and LOGISTICS. [protected]@yahoo.com

• Rm
      1st of Jan, 2010
    Google Maps - Innacurate map

We went online to find a hotel in Jacksonville, Florida near the football stadium for the gATOR bOWL.. tHE hOTEL iNDIGO dEERWOOD pARK SHOWED UP TO BE EXACTLY WHERE WE WANTED IT TO BE. INSTEAD IT WAS 9 MILES. WE HD PLANED TO WALK EVERYWHERE ONCE WE GOT THERE. NO WAY I COULD MAKE MY 5 YEAR OLD WALK THAT FAR

• En
      30th of Apr, 2010
    Google Maps - I have been finding the locations they give for businesses that I am searching for are wrong
    Google Maps
    google.com

I travel extensively for my work and use google maps a great deal. Lately I have been finding the locations they give for bussinesses that I am searching for are wrong. The error rate is approaching 10 to 15 percent it is very frustrating and I would suggest to anyone using google maps to verify it with another source before beginning your journey.

• Sr
      25th of Jun, 2010
    Google Maps - Please don't use google maps for anything important
    Google Maps
    google.com

Please don't use google maps for anything important. They will lead you astray, and possibly into dangerous parts of as town. A year ago they left my wife & me 1/2 mile east of the US capitol when we were looking for the IMAX theater (that turned out to be in the Smithsonian on the Mall!) Maybe we should have known that, but the point is, we're tourists. Tonight they directed us exactly opposite to a restaurant we were trying to find in Bilbao Spain. Fortunately, we asked at our hotel's desk before leaving. The clerk easi;y corrected Google, otherwise, who knows where we would have finished? Do no harm indeed! Here's a suggestion: don't provide a service that stinks!

4th of May, 2012

why on earth google falsify the history? PERSIAN GULF has been always Persian Gulf ...

• Va
    Google Maps - Persian Gulf
    Google
    Germany

The Persian Gulf is not named on Google maps! All seas, oceans and even lakes are explicitly named on google maps, but the persian gulf is not!

• Th
      26th of Jun, 2012

It'll be called The American Gulf in a few years anyway.

• Ga
      26th of Jun, 2012

How much did you pay for the use of Google Maps? Did you get your money's worth?