Google Local Listings / Bad SEO company

This company is using "black hat seo" methods to get users at the top of Google's Local Listings. They stuff tons of keywords into the company's description (which you can see if you click the little "more" button beside the phone number and then click the "details tab"). Google hates this practice as outlined in their policy (http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66358) and they will penalize a site for using this practice. The aweful thing is that it's the business listing itself - NOT The Local One that will pay for using this practice. I am posting this message to warn all business owners not to use this service - it will not pay off if Google catches on to what you're doing!

Google Local Listings

Comments

• Th
      17th of Jun, 2009

onlineuser -

While I don't exactly agree with you claims of fraudulent practices and improper use of SEO techniques, I feel it more unfortunate that each of the SEO companies you associate with as part of this and other such complaints, including TheLocalOne.com, eLocalListing, Showcase Listing, etc. are unable to satisfy your SEO needs.

Regarding your complaint related to TheLocalOne, please allow me to address each of your claims in order:

1. You allude to black hat SEO techniques and keyword stuffing -
    - TheLocalOne does not engage in any of the highlighted BlackHat seo techniques (aka Spamdexing - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamdexing). Blackhat requires a much more involved SEO practice than a local listing with Google and other search engines will allow. Moreover, within the tight parameters placed by Google maps and other local listing hosts, there simply is no way to engage is such practices; much less a desire to do so by our firm.

2. Your attached example of TheLocalOne keyword stuffing practices -
    - While you are correct in being able to identify a client of ours, you most certainly did not pull that as an example of our current client listing as Google does not allow for listings to be created with such clutter and disregard to form. I have attached a screen shot of the same client you highlighted and would be more than happy to pull hundreds of more examples and challenge you to find fault in them according to Google guidelines.

As an affordable and effective search engine management company, serving hundreds of small business clients, we aim to increase our client's search engine visibility, thus increasing revenue and profitability for each and every client. Over 66% of our current and future clients are generated via client referral as one satisfied client recommends our low-cost and dependable service to a business peer. To-date, Google has yet to ban any of our listings for any use of inappropriate techniques and with today's sophisticated algorithmic processes, it surely would have been done by now had any violation been committed.

We welcome the opportunity to discuss our services with you and others and should you have any further questions or complaints, please address them with us personally and we will be more than happy to resolve them to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

TheLocalOne.com Managment

• Th
      17th of Jun, 2009

Attached

• On
      5th of Jul, 2009

Although I'm really glad to see that you deleted your keyword stuffing in the listing I provided as an example, but I think it's absolutely hilarious that you are honestly trying to claim that you never put those keywords in there because "Google does not allow for listings to be created with such clutter and disregard to form". That's awesome...you really think I'd be able to make up a listing that didn't exist and provide a screen shot of it? I think I have better things to do with my time. You can state whatever you wish on here. Hopefully anyone who stumbles upon this will use their own common knowledge to decide whether or not to deal with you. I have spoken first hand with one of your former clients, and his listing DID look like the one I provided as an example. It had the same pattern - tons and tons of fields in the description section which steered me away from ever recommending you to anyone.