Google Home Business Kit / Unauthorized charge

Phone: 1-800-712-7222
Purchased Google Home Business Kit and paid only $2.95 for shipping. My bank acct. has now been charged $69.90 for pre-authorization. Plus I never received my kit.

N  18th of Apr, 2009 by
Never!!! Never!!! Never!!! Use a credit card linked to your bank account for any type of online purchase. Better to use a visa gift card with just $50 or so. I personally have had to close several bank accounts and credit cards for these type of scams and they are all over the internet! You may be able to recover your $69.90 by calling your bank and getting the Phone # off of the statement charge info and call to have the charges removed/reversed. Do not take no for an answer and then change your bank Acct.# Hope this helps! Dawn
A  26th of Apr, 2009 by
I did the same thing! I signed up for the information @ 2.95 or so for shipping. THEN on the page AFTER I gave them my debit card for the shipping costs, I find out that in 7 days they will take 69.60 out of my account automaticly. I immediately called the number provided and cancelled my memebrship. I was given a confirmaton number and told it was cancelled. I called back an hour, more or less, later and checked that it had been cancelled. I was told yes it was. I called back the NEXT day and asked again, they checked and said yes it has been cancelled. I AM SO PISSED OFF!! For the first time in my life I am overdrawn on my account.
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by

Google Home Business Kit - Some info to share

I just found this site and wanted to pass on info. We kind of got caught in the same thing as the 30 pages of people putting on a complaint about the famous Google Home Business Kit.

I called Visa and this is what they gave me:

1-866-957-0020 - I called and of course, there was no answer. Then Visa Dispute Department gave me the Google main office number and work hours:
1-866-870-4257 M-F 9 to 5 - still no answer!!

Visa also gave this email: support@googlemoneytree.com to send an email. Was told to make sure that the words cancellation and refund were used in the email as this will help in contesting charges.

Hope this info helps someone. I will keep trying to reach google and hopefully it will all work out.
N  23rd of Jun, 2009 by
I have the course my wife ordered it but after 3 days she cancelled, you can make money but no one tell you that you have to purchase other memberships things, to start making any money you have to sign up for a membership of something, like my sign up for disney movies, like columbia house. But when it time to try and make something, they want to purchase more stuff. How can I make any money, if I don't have none to start with. I just been laid off my wife can't work due to medical problems my boys are 4 and 3 and I want to give them the world but I just falling into scams. I though Google would help but I don't the money for extras. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME ADVICE FOR A HOME BUSINESS WITHOUT THE HIDDEN PURCHASES. THANKS A CONCERN DAD
N  26th of Jun, 2009 by

Google Home Business Kit

I purchased the Google Home Business Kit for $1.95 from Pacific Webworks.com, Profitstudiolearning.com. Supposedly this is a legimate company that sells these kits. They turned around & charged me $69.90 without previous authorization. The terms only said a charge of $1.95 one time setup fee. This is a scam & Google is also a party to this for allowing this company to sell with their name.
A  6th of Jul, 2009 by
They have also chared me almost same amount. Is there anyway of getting money back?
N  10th of Jul, 2009 by
I went through the same scam. I bought the kit and then found the charge of $80 - lost that forever, but had my bank completely change my account. These people pass your information to third parties! I have been getting calls non stop. Do not fall for them! I wish Google took action and issued the report that tells you to be beware of these people.
A  10th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Get your bank to do achargeback on the $80 - the scammers stole it from you and you have got the right to get it back.

Also file a complaint with the FTC - www.FTC.gov

They can take legal action against scammers which can result in fines, compensation for victims and jail time or sevvere financial penalties for the scammers.
N  19th of Jul, 2009 by

Google Home Business Kit

Unemployed over 15 months. Signed up at $1.95 for Google Home Business Kit. Big profit claims. My reply to the "Google Kit Order Confirmation" email, June 22nd 2009, read - "Rippoff!!! Just another license trap. REMOVE!"
In such financial straits, I cashed in my profit sharing from a former employer. When the check was deposited, $69.90 just disappeared.
The bank manager told me it was a check card purchase on hold from "TW/I Auction". I had no idea what it was. The bank manager gave me the website, "www.profitstudiolearning.com. Where I found others who signed up for the so-called $1.95 deal. Thank God they'll Reap what they've Sown!! (Galations 6:7).
N  25th of Aug, 2009 by

Google Home Business Kit - Ripoff /SCAM

I never authorize payment on my credit card
I want my money

This is a fraud
I am very angry
I want my money now
didn't approve this transaction at all. My number is 800-4974988

Raymonde St-Louis
A  16th of Sep, 2009 by
I agree completely. Google has taken thousands of steps backward in my eyes, in fact they are so far back on my respect list that I can't even remember who they are anymore. Take matters into your own hands, cancel your credit card as I did and they have no way to scam you anymore. Google is not the only one.