Google Fortune/ Fun Web Profits / Cynthia Whitt

United States, Minnesota, Nevis Review updated:
Fun Web Profits
612 Main St.
Phone: 1-877-402-2666
This company took my money on 7/30/2009, but failed to provide the product that was supposed to come in the mail.

A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It appears to be a scam. Leads you to believe that it's a google product. There's no affiliation.
N  9th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is so TRUE I have been RIPPED OFF of 69.00 before the my 7 days . Now I am in the hole... I can't even get in contact with them, But My bank will
A  9th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It happened to me too. What should I do to terminate this ripoff ?

They've already charged my credit card.
N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I didn't even order anything from this company and they withdraw funds from my account and I am also in the negative.

I will be contacting my bank as this is a fraud.

Magaly Lopez
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just happened to sign into my wachovia account online and saw this company's ridiculous charge of $69.45. I called then and demanded a refund, so five to seven days from now I will let you guys know whether I got it or not. I'll call my bank then. I'm so pissed I fell for one of these scams. I think it was the google name that got me. Good luck to us all!
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I contacted Wells Fargo about the 69.97 charge and they would not remove it. I then called the 877 number and the guy (from what country?) pretendd not to be able to spell my very simple name to cancel this ridiculous ripoff "service." I never received a single thing in the mail.
I had to re spell my name four times. He kept apologising for not "hearing" me properly. When we got the name straight he could not find it in their records. When he finally tracked it down, he asked me if I wanted to cancel this "service." Other than the free stupid button, I asked him what the service entailed. He had no answer. He then gave me a letter/number for proof of cancellation. When he asked if he could help me with anyt5hing else, I said, "Yea, you can give me my money back."
He checked his records and said I was eligigle for a refund since I was within the allowed time period. My account wss charged the $69.97 that day. I happened to notice it by accident. He then gave me a similar letter, number combo to verify my refund intormation. Here wer are 12 hours later and there is no email to acknowledge "cancellation" of whatever "service" was being offered for $71.94. I thought I was in for $197 and did not even get a post card let along an email for that amount before thay added the &67.97 charge. With so many complaints about this palce why has the FCC or some other federal agency not stepped in to shut down these creeps?
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
There is acually 2 companies working this. When we 1st signed up for our $1.97 info from Google it was not on the same page showing you the "fine print" It was to be with Alternative Funding and if you did not cancel within 7 days, you will be charges $29.95. So when I saw a email from them I called them right away, gave me a reference# that it was cancelled and told me I would not be billed. Well, while reviewing my finances, it brought to my attention that another company, which is their "compainon company" called Fun Web Profits was charging all their customers a $69.97 fee. Which is a scam.
1. Call your bank and tell them there is a fraud charge on your bank/and or charge card,
they will put the money back into your account within 7-10 days, they will do a investigation which will take 30-45 days.
2. Call both companies, Alternative Funding 1-888-651-9887, and also call Fun Web Profits at 1-877-402-2666, Fun Web is located in Florida, they would not give their address, but the office to send complaints to are : Fun Web/Alternative Funding 13799 Park Blvd N Suite #330 Seminole, Florida 33776.
3. Be persistant! Even though I can not spell, I have my full senses!!!
4. Google needs to know, everyone call or write them : Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Pky Mt View, California 94043 1-650-253-0000, fax# 1-650-253-0001
5. Good luck to all,
N  12th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
The address above is the address to use to write them directly 13799 Park Blvd N Suite 330 Seminole, Fl 33776
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
same thing happened to me. I saw a charge on my accnt then i called the 18774022666# a dozen times beofre i could get passed the busy signal. I was really ticked to see the charge that sent my accnt in the neg.
my bank said they would refund the overdraft fee after the merchant puts the money back in 5-7 buisness days. F$^#$^ jerks!!!
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I didn't even order anything from this company and they withdraw $69.99 from my account and I am also in the negative.
A  14th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just got an overdrawn alert from chase, when I logged on to my acct. I realize that I was being charged by this company that I don't even know this money. After googling fun web profits I realize that this is a scam and never authorize this company or any other company to withdraw $69 from my acct. I am so piss; I tried getting a hold of a rep. from chase only to realize that you can not speak with anyone after 9pm. I will be calling 1st thing in the a.m.
N  14th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Okay call the cc holder tell them you have been defrauded and you cannot come to a resolution with the offending company. Look up regulation Z it pertains to this very thing and the cc company is required to have money to cover this type of fraud for their cardholders. CUT up the card have the bank issue a new one. If you did not use a cc you have no recourse, if you used a debit card and the transaction was a debit you have no recourse. You can complain to your Attorney General, be specific, provide all records and documents you can.

If you have any questions or I can help you further feel free to contact me.

I Believe In You,
PS: Anything done online no matter how long ago, as long as you used a cc you can go get your money.
N  14th of Aug, 2009 by
It's all a scam, you too can create bogus newspaper headlines and magazine covers. Welcome to the world wide net.
PSS: http://thedailyheralds.com/finance/?c1=22&c2=82&c3=132
http://60kemployment.com/employment/job.php (Dave Green)
http://www.joshmadecash.com/?s=VC_Pop (Josh Parker Dave Greens twin, they even have twin sister girlfriends)

A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
This is a total rip off scam for sure. They have mislead me all the way and have also charged me the $69 dollar fee. Luckily Bank of America credited my account. Unfortunately, the day after they said that they credited my account I found another $29 charge from these people. It is because I wasn't aware that I was a member. So, if you have signed up with this scam go find their website and discontinue this membership. And like the rest of you I have also never received the promised product in the mail. I never do these things but this one looked legit and I would only be out $1.95, I was very wrong. Good luck to all of you getting your hard earned money back!
A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
They ripped me off as well - I never got the CD and they took out the funds before the 7 days were up leaving me in the hole! I called to cancel/complain they said they would issue a refund and that it was a "system gliche." I asked if they were going to cover my over draft fees and he said he couldn't help me but forward my information on. I asked for the contact information for a supervisor, claims department or corporate offices - he said that he didn't have that information!

Then I found these posts, contacted CHASE - my bank, they rock! They gave me a temporary credit so that I didn't get the nsf fees. Whew! What a bunch of bunk, I wish I had found this site before I had bought into that scam.
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
Same here. I figured for $1.97 it was no big deal EXCEPT that I did some more research and found out it was a scam the same day. I then called and canceled but they still charged me $69.95 and $29.95. SO..I called and canceled again and got another cancellation number. Bottom line is that you HAVE to call your bank. Get another card to replace the one you used, yeah I know its a pain but its the only way to stop fraudulent charges and shut down these ripoffs. God help anyone that doesn't keep an eye on their bank account. My bank ( TD bank ) is reviewing the fraud charges and it's easy to get another card at the branch without waiting a week or two for the snail mail to deliver the new one. Good luck to all and let the buyer beware.
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
THIS IS A SCAM!!! I've researched this so-called Google Fortune and figured out that this "company" uses falsified newspaper articles (such as the New York Gazette, which doesn't exist) to claim that their product can earn workers thousands a month from home. They even have a phony chat thread at the bottom of the newspaper advertisement with postings from users attesting to their success and the huge amounts of money they're making, saying that it's legit and that people should give it a try.

When you visit the site and then try to close out the web page, a live chat agent comes on (mine was named "Rachel"), who offers you discounted $.99 shipping on the kit if your order right then. Only in fine print does the site say that after a 7 day trial, which begins from the order date (they probably take a few days shipping it, too, so that you have less time to cancel if you wish), they will charge your credit card $69 each month. Then, when I prompted "Rachel" for more information, I was directed to a customer service 800 number, and the "agent" continued to say that they only have authorization to offer you an online discount but have limited info about the Google Fortune program. When I accused my "live chat agent" of being a fraud and their company of being a scam, she just continued to post the same "online discount" statements and directed me to the customer service line. I did this live chat two different times, and both were the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the replies are auto-generated in mass quantities to site visitors, and there is actually no one live-chatting at all. I was talking to a computer both times, I'd bet my paycheck on it. I didn't bother to call the customer service line, but I'd bet it's difficult if not impossible to get anyone to pick up.

This "company, " whoever they are, should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of desperate people during these tough times.

DO NOT--I repeat, DO NOT--sign up for Google Fortune or any of its affiliates. They are just another internet money-making scam. Please don't be fooled...do your internet research. There are plenty of sites that also say this is a scam, including Google themselves.

Good luck, and buyer beware. If any company requires you to pay them to give you a job, they're probably out to fleece you.
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
I signed up thinking the only charge was $1.97 and just discovered a charge of $69.95 debited from my bank account. I called the number posted on my account and had to get loud, but got a confirmation number for closing the account and for getting a refund. I'll keep everybody posted about the refund.
N  22nd of Aug, 2009 by
I got ripped off as well. I thought since it was a Google site it was ok. I just happened to check my account last night and noticed I was over drawn. Then I called 1-8000-416-1339 and spoke with a representative and he first did not want to provide a cancellation number. He then gave me a cancellation number for the service, and then I requested a cancellation number for the $69.97. I waited on the phone for the email confirmation to come through. He was very reluctant to give me the Cooperate office address. Well I got up this morning and called the cooperate office and they have you waiting on line as if you are on the long line to waiting back and forth. Finally after I made it to the caller holding the hang s up!! I am going to my bank this morning and see what they can do to stop this nonsense. Oh by the way when you look up the address 13799 Park Blvd North, Suite 330 Seminole Fla, 33776!! Your right… Fun Web or Alternative funding does not come up. I was also given a name called on line Job Program but I could find it at the address. Good Luck!

13799 Park Blvd
Scottish Banner Publications‎
State Wide Appraisal Services‎
UPS Store‎
A  24th of Aug, 2009 by
I notice 3 charges on my bank account. $1.97 for the info they were to send (never received the info), $69.97 for I don't know what and $29.95 from an Altfunding.com. I immediately called my bank about the $29.95. I told them I went to a www.altfunding.com website and told them what I saw - a finance company in Oregon with a huge warning on the right side state the charges by altfunding.com. I called the customer service number for Web Fun Profits on the 13th of August. They gave me a confirmation number and said they would process in 3 - 5 business days. I called after the 5 business days and they said they would look into it. The 6th business day, the computers were down for the day (how convenient). Here it is 7 business days and no refund. I called my bank and told them about it today and they will dispute the charges and send me paperwork to file a fraud complaint. I am also filing the paperwork with the FBI and the Florida State Police and Attorney General.