Google ATM / Scam

1 4240 West Flamingo DrLas Vegas NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-497-4988

Google ATM is a scam. I found out two seconds after signing up and reading the small print. It says you must cancel in writting within 7 days or be charged 69.90 a month from a third party company. I sent a express letter the next day. It was signed for by a Q Wang, and today my account was charged 69.90. I have notified my bank, the NV police and the Salt Lake City Police where the third party is located. Google had better do something about this or they may be repaying all of us that got scammed by the Google name. I am going to do everything in my power to get these low lifes! anyone else that has been scammed please do the same email the NV and Salt Lake City Police crime stoppers NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lorrie

Comments

• Ka
      12th of May, 2009

GOOGLE ATM IS A SCAM. LIKE LORRIE, I FOUND OUT ABOUT FIVE MINUTES AFTER SIGNING UP. I CALLED THE 800 NUMBER TOCANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION AND THE PEOPLE WHO ANSWERS KEEP GIVING ME ANOTEHR NUMBER TO CALL. I AM SENDING THE LETTER RIGHT NOW TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION I HOPE IT WORKS.

KAREN

• Li
      18th of May, 2009

Hi, My name is Linda from Wisbech in the UK. I saw this advertised on Facebook and thought it looked good. Nothing was said about the $69.90 when you first signed up. It was only when I received the confirmation email that I saw this. I can't afford to lose that much money, so I rang up and cancelled my credit card. I could'nt get through on either of the numbers that were given and thought that my cancellation letter wouldn't get there in time so thought it best to cancel card then they can't take any money out. I don't usually fall for these things but as times are hard and work looks bad I thought I could work from home and make some extra money. I guess when it looks too good to be true, it usually is!! A lesson for all of us.

• Sh
      19th of May, 2009

Hi Linda! I did the same thing - has anything happened to your credit card since you've cancelled it? The message that came up afterwards said they monitor fraud by taking a note of the IP address and so they now have that IP address. How will this affect me? Does anyone know?

27th of May, 2009

oh cripes, i have done the same, having just checked my bank account on-line, i am now $69.90 lighter, had sent my letter to address stated on website, but this was over a wk ago, what can i do to stop these payments going out...tried the international phone number for this so called place in Las Vegas, and that pleasant lady on the other end said ' the person the other end has hung up, please try later'...HELP!!!###

• Co
      2nd of Jun, 2009

As many did, I signed up to Google ATM and quickly realized it was a SCAM. I tried the calls with no answer. But I did some research to see who owned the domains and discovered that they were located in Utah under the name of Pacific WebWorks.
    Their Corporate Office is listed as:
    230 West 400 South 1st Floor
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Telephone #: 801-578-9020

I called the number and talked to a Customer Service Rep. and canceled my account immediately. The Rep gave me a confirmation number verifying that it was canceled. I still got charged the $1.95 of course, but the monthly fee did not show up on my credit card.

I'm passing this on because this high-power scam is causing lots of people grief, but it can be canceled at the above number.

Conley

• Ti
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Hello, I too signed up for the adsence and paid the $1.99 and I also read the little details at the bottom and did in fact get the program it was nothing that came in the mail you are just automaticly given a confirmation number, username, and password and you are forwarded to www.Profitlearningstudio.com well I went into it blind sighted not knowing what I was doing. I think the real big catch is having to create and pay for the web sight you have to build in order to post links for the "google buisness" anyhow I called the number that was given and canceled the account and that has been over a month ago so I do not think that you can not get your money back the only thing is, is that they do not provide you with an 1-800 number that is available 24/7 you can only call certain hours that part sucks!!!

• Vi
      9th of Jun, 2009

I too fell for this. When I realized what I had done, which was immediately. I tried to call them on the 800 # provided. Of course, all I got was either a busy signal or no answer at all. I then wrote to them, telling them to cancel my membership. That was a week ago, I just received, you guessed it, my envelope back, marked Return to Sender, Address Unknown.
    Frustrated and angry.
    Vickie - MN

• We
      24th of Jun, 2009

I did exactly same as you did, 5 minutes after signup with Google ATM and found out about monthly charges and immediately I called the 800 number to cancel it. The lady complied and sent me a cancellation e-mail which gave me peace of mind. I thought my maximum loss was only at $1.95. However, two days later a man called me to confirm my account and wanted to continue the program and that alarmed me. I sent a registered and notarized letter to the address posted on their website, and you guess it, the letter was returned because they moved out and no forwarding data was provided to US postal office. This is absolutely a scam. To play it safely, I asked the credit card company to issue a replacement card with different number. Hope this helps.

• Li
      30th of Jun, 2009

Hello, I also fell for this horrible scam, when i relized what i had done I called and they said I had to mail a letter
    of cancellation to them, I just got it back return to sender, address incorrect, I called these idot's and they said the address was correct, can anyone help me get the address again, I tryed yellow pages, like putting the phone number in for the address, with no luck, I have tryed to find the website again with no luck also, if anyone has any ideas please let me know... Thanks

• Me
      3rd of Jul, 2009

I fell for the same thing guys and i looked at my statement today and there is a charge of 69.90 pending on my account i called this number 18009992734 and the young lady on the other end said she cancelled it and to wait for conformation in 2days so i will be looking forward to it.

6th of Jul, 2009

I had someone call me during the first few days, told them to cancel, they never told me to call the other number, I called the other number, tried to cancel after I was billed, they said I should have called that number first. Why didn't either of the first 2 calls tell me I needed to do that.

This is a real rip off.

The customer service person was a real snot as well. Don't fall for this.

7th of Jul, 2009

I also ordered Google ATM and was charged $1.95 to my account which I accepted. Then decided that this was not what I wanted and called within the 7 days so I would not be charged additional amount to my card. At first it was difficult to reach them, then I got a customer service person and they gave me a confirmation number saying that it was cancelled. I also had to call two other numbers and cancelled on them. One was Amazon click sell go and was told I would recieve an email confirming cancellation. Then I noticed that there was a $79.90 charge from a Drinet which I did not authorize in my pending charges on my bank account. I plan to contact the bank immediately with information and have the charges reversed and credit my account. I will give them all the information with names, telephone numbers, email contact, printout of the information that google atm sent to me originally so they can investigate this obvious fraud.

Denise

8th of Jul, 2009

hi, i just received a call and the person on the other line said that it's about the google atm that i signed up with. But the problem is i haven't signed up on anything?i don't know how they've reached me 'coz the number they called was my mother's cellphone number? how do this people get my private info?

The moment i told that person that i haven't signed up on anything she immediately hung up the fone without saying anything...by the way it was a 1-800 number...

• Sp
      9th of Jul, 2009

I too fell prey to this scam stating that it was only $1.97 to get this free Google start up kit. I did not see the fine print like they stated there was; however, my credit card was charged $69.90 under WEB-BEZ. I have recently called them demanded my money back and they stated that they couldn't do this. James stated that I had seven days to cancel this. I didn't see any of that either in their "fine print". The number 801-678-9020 doesn't state this is a legitimate company. It stated the Verizon phone number is in use.
    Heidi

• Dj
      5th of Aug, 2009

Could I please give me details on any possibility of getting my money back from this scam?! I know it's a popular one and I was fooled, but I am only 20 years old and I can not afford to be ripped off! THANK YOU in advance

• Jm
      16th of Aug, 2009

your customer service hotline was incorrect - it should be 18004974988 - ok?? that's why you've been charged 69.90. try to read first the terms and condition

• Sf
      18th of Aug, 2009
    Google ATM - unauthorized charges

There is a product that I am being charged for and I did not order and did not authorize use of my debit/visa card.

• De
      20th of Aug, 2009

I too just got a call, I questioned about the scam, he says oh i have no idea about that, cancelling my credit card tomorrow.

• Wo
      21st of Aug, 2009

I too was under the belief that i was entering a one off payment and thinking that it would be okay to lose something around £2; i was never under any impression that i would be paying anything else, just like one of the posters here, i got a confirmation of purchase in my inbox with a username etc and i thought that was that!
    Infact i havent even been able to log in using the given username and password set up as it shows us as invalid.

It's just illogical that someone trying to make money would be willing to be paying around £45 every month for goods/services that one hasnt even received - that is why i dont think that none of us complaining would have got ourselves in this mess!

The google reference is also misleading and this company is capitalising on that .name brand/trust.

I went through a company called PROFITSTUDIOLEARNING.COM who have also been known as pacificwebworks. I called them today and they insisted that their terms and conditions are on every page on their website which i imagine a lot of people arent able to see judging by amount of negative feedback/complaints. I spoke to a girl called Jana whom i understand that their company policy doesnt allow them to give out a surname when i asked for her full name (alarm bells ringing: scam)) the number i used and worked is 001 801 578 9020 other numbers found on the net are "out of order"!!!

As someone who is trying to make ends meet - i am of the belief that this scam is to be likened to the saying "kicking somebody when they are already down" as i think most people trying to earn a bit of money are already struggling anyway.

if you want to contact me privately am on wolota@yahoo.co.uk

• Au
      12th of Sep, 2009
    Google ATM - never heard from them until tto late
    google atm
    Manitoba
    Canada

signed up online for a starter kit at 2.95 for a google web site m never heard from them for days than got a call after a chat fella said i was not suited for that, that was all no comment about my canceling account, since date of cancellation has past some fella called to give me this is since auguat 9th 09 to give me a password for atm card ?? which allerted me to a scam, went on line and indeed it it is a scam no atm google card and in canada ?????????????? so called a 1 -800 number and cancelled the account they gave me a confirmation number and said i would receive an 2-mail to that effect also i have so far not received one ... hopefully they have canceeled my account . the person i spoke to barely spoke any english so or badely to the point of frustrtion ... so wish me luck