GoogAd / Ripped off by GooGad!

I awaken to $200 in charges from this company who said I signed up for some information that was to cost me 49.95 monthly, when the original form said $3.87. When I called them to day they said they had sent me some sort of kit that I have never received. I called them today and they They had sent me a CD, no such item has arrived at my house.

When I demanded to speak with a supervisor, the CSR returned after some time on hold and said they would refund 2 of the 4 49.95 payment s they had taken from my account.

I have no clue who these people are but I googled their name and this page came up. So beware. I was able to cancel my account, but I am going to file another complaint with the BBB.

Comments

Na
  2nd of Apr, 2007

Sub: What is this company, how did they end up stealing money from me and why won't they reimburse me?

I went online yesterday ,(4-1-07), to look at the activity for one of my check cards; lately, the balance had seemed "off" when I'd call to check the balance. A company called "Googad" withdrew 3 payments from my account ,(2 of which were $49.95 and 1 which was $3.87). I called the phone number which was indicated on my statement, (1-800-928-1646). A woman verified that i indeed did have an account active with "Googad". She cancelled the account for me, but was unable to refund me any money. I asked her for a phone number of someone who could help me resolve this problem. She indicated that there aren't any other phone numbers for "Googad". Now what??!! Isn't this fraud? I never signed up for this "Googad" business, I never received anything from them (including any services). I did ,of course, cancel my card from which this company stole money. I am so mad and frustrated! This isn't fair ,at all, and should be against the law! They got away with almost $104.00 and I'm already broke enough as is . On top of this, when you call you are unable to resolve anything. Hopefully, the woman that took my call really did cancel my account like she said she would. As for my credit card information....how did they get it? I do use it to pay my bills online (phone, elec. gas)....well, not anymore....,but these companies wouldn't misuse my personal info. However, I never received any services or products from "Googad" ,don't know if they're really even a legitimate company, and I want my money back. If you can offer any help or resources, please contact me: folkreation3@yahoo.com Thank you! NT

Mi
  3rd of Apr, 2007

I am trying to cancel my Googad account and have not been able to. My login will not work and trying to get another I'm given a phone number to contact is a wrong number.

Be
  7th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Refusal to give refund

I signed up online for what I thought was information about working online. I obviously was too busy to pay attention that I was being charged $50 every month for this disc that I hadn't opened or used, thinking it was like the free AOL discs that I've received in the past. I've asked for a refund and was told they don't refund.

De
  25th of Jul, 2007

Wow the first post really scared me. They got your credit card information even when you didn't give it to them?! I called them today, i hope this company closes soon :D

Vi
  31st of Jul, 2007

I have had the same problem with this googad. I emailed them about getting my money back, but I have not heard a word from them. Can't we all join together and sue them for every thing they got? It would serve them right.

Ed
  21st of Aug, 2007

GOOGAD ::I got ripped off from them too. Same deal ordered there CD for $3.87 then 10 days lated they charged me $49.95 to my credit card without my consent. Called them they said it was a agreement which went with it. I did not agree to that. They said they canceled me, but would give no money back. Its a scam bate switch. I also called them at 800-928-1646 Yes we should all sue them . Do we have a lawyer in the house??

P.S. Did call my credit card company to see if they can get the money back, but thats in the works who knows?

Bi
  15th of Sep, 2007

please ...

i'm having the same experience. i'd like to buy the kit only for $ 3 something, then their email told me that my credit card will be charged monthly for $ 40 something.

help me how to cancel this membership. i was trying to contact them today by sending them the cancellation request via their email but all of my emails were returned.

bidy s

Fr
  27th of Sep, 2007

I too fell for this scam. However, I think I was able to catch the 1st charge, it was suppose to take effect tonight... I like mot sent off for information at $3.87 from GOOAD. Still have not received anything in the mail. Last night my wife was balancing our accounts and noticed a charge for $3.87 from "MONSTERKEYWORDMORE". I told her that I had no idea who that was, however that I had purchased some information from GOOGAD. She hates it when I use my debit card for these type transactions. Well a little further down the statement there was another charge from 'MONSTERKEYWORDMORE" for $49.95 (Pending debit card purchase) . So this AM I started to surf the net re: scams and led me to this web site. I immediately called my financial institution and placed a dispute on the payment. Which they took for action immediately. They credited my account and will be charging the company. Then I called the Customer Service: 888-529-3593 and spoke to a young lady. 1st I told her that I had not received any information in the mail for the $3.87 that I had authorized, and 2nd I had not authorized any recurring charge. She told me that when I signed on 15 Sept, an email was sent indicating that I had 10 days free trail before they started charging the account. I told her that this was never mentioned on the order form. She referred me to the "terms and conditions".

I told her regardless of the fact, I want this account closed and my monies refunded. She responded favorably in getting this corrected. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I can just hear my wife say "I told you so"!

Ca
  17th of Oct, 2007

Indeed, GoogAd does Internet fraud. I never contacted these people for any computer online training as they claimed when called them half an hour ago. A customer service by the name of "Tina" was trying in a rude tone of voice to convince me that I signed up for a $3.85 membership. Not true! For the last three months they have been billing me without my KNOWLEDGE, therefore, without my permition, $49.95 per month. This FRAUD company owes me $149.85 + that factious membership fee. I asked for an immediate reimbursement and let them know that I intend taking them to court and the customer service hung up on me.

Another thing I have noticed, when you call them the phone rings a few times and an answering machine puts you on hold right away, without telling you the name of this company.
The only way to stop them stealing from you is to replace your credit card. How they they get my credit card number?

He
  2nd of Nov, 2007

I was scammed the same way with this googad. I was charged 2x's 49.95 and I never received anything from them I called then I e-mailed and they told me to write a letter to get my money back I did that but nothing came of it. I would love to get my money back so if anyone knows how to go about it please e-mail me. I'm sorry this has happened to all of us.

Heather Cowans.

Le
  11th of Feb, 2008

Same thing happened to me, only I did not catch the credit card billing for quite some time. I called my CC and had them reverse charges. Could only get 4 back, but it is better than nothing. These people should by in jail.

Th
  3rd of Mar, 2008

I never received my money back either. I am going to report them to the BBB, and the Internet Fraud Division.

Ch
  12th of Mar, 2008

This is a complete scam!!!!........do not i repeat do not sign up for any online surveys advertising free stuff

Ar
  18th of Mar, 2008

While I, personally, haven't been a victim of this scam, a close friend has.

When she noticed the unauthorized charge made to her account, she contacted her bank, and then held a conference call with the 800 number provided in the statement. The customer service rep that answered was determined to be as rude as possible to both my friend and the bank rep. When the bank rep demanded the name and established location of the "business, she was merely told "Las Vegas"

Apparently, the 800 number is linked to a place in Utah, whereas the actual company is in Vegas. Whether or not this is true, is anyone's guess, as a physical address has yet to be obtained (not even a PO Box).

Jo
  8th of May, 2008

I was scammed to!!! Got my money back but someone is playing with my money. And how they got my info, im still trying to find that out!

Sa
  2nd of Jul, 2008

I need to have them stop taking 49.95 from my account... I don't remember authorizing this...

St
  2nd of Dec, 2008
GoogAd - Bait and Switch
Las Vegas
Nevada
Phone: 888-203-0065

They took $49.95 a month with out my permission and used a sigh up for a free product that all you had to pay was the shipping. Then after I paid the shipping they signed up my card for the monthly rip off from my bank! No one will do anything so I'm going to Las vegas to file in their home state. Wish me luck!