GoogAd / Bait and switch, nonperformance, unauthorized charges

Googad is the current name of an ongoing Internet fraud scam. The methodology is to mooch off the good name of a successful company (ebay, Wal-Mart, and Google so far), use that company's logo on an authentic-looking Web site (and some favorable quotes about the company they are exploiting). They want a small charge ($3.87 in my case, the OLD price for Priority Mail) to send an information packet, and of course we authorize such a small charge to an account that they can then tap at will until you stop them. The packet (or cd or dvd or whatever else they claim will tell you the whole wonderful story) is never mailed. Call the offshore boiler room and try to translate what the poor operators are scripted to tell you. Request that the packet be sent. They'll promise to do so, but won't.

Meanwhile, you are waiting for something in the mail before you make any decisions about their program of making money while you sleep so you can party and vacation instead of working. They e-mail a password and tell you down in the body that you have a seven-day free trial, after which they will start billing. I do not trust an outfit that offers to mail information but then switches to an e-mail deal that requires a login. Who knows what they do or claim once they get you to appear to have signed up for the service by logging in?

I responded to their ad because a friend of mine had told me that he was starting to make a nice little income from using the keyword searching pay-per-click potential of the Internet. He didn't explain how it worked very clearly, so I thought I'd spend the four bucks for some information on the point. Bad decision.

Their "terms and conditions" agreement is a fraud. It's a classic "adhesion" contract with "illusory" promises. I'm a lawyer, and this stuff is beyond belief. They retain the right to change the terms and conditions at will at any time by simply changing the wording of their "agreement" on the Web site; no notice to you of the changes, and no effort to gain your consent to modifying the "contract". This means that whatever they promise to do for you is illusory, because they can get out of anything they don't like unilaterally without even telling you that they've changed the deal behind your back. That's not a contract because it's not an enforceable agreement. They also assert that you waive any claim for damages arising from anything having to do with them, including (take a deep breath here) A BREACH OF THE AGREEMENT. Any contract that requires one party to waive action on a breach of the agreement by the other party is not a contract at all.
This criminal enterprise has, according to what I've found so far, pulled this same scam under the following names:

e-pro auctions
googad
keywordsuccess
pmseoguide
pmclickbuilder
fastauction
and something under godaddy.

The boiler room toadies say the company is a Utah corporation named MSERV. The Utah Attorney General's office has an open investigation going into e-pro auctions and welcomes any information anyone has about this scam. Find the AG's office at www.consumerpro.utah.gov.

More GoogAd Complaints & Reviews

Comments

5th of Mar, 2007

Realized my free product was going to cost me 49.95 so I cancelled right away. Received cd in mail, returned it unopened immediately ,tried to call but can't ever get through. I was charged $35.00 late fee by my bank. Now there is going to be a fee for initiating a STOP for this account.

I am new to ordering on the internet but will now, never, ever, ever order anything again. Not from Google, E-bay or anyone else. I have no way of telling the good guys from the bad guys.

• Ke
      19th of Jul, 2007

Googad company is a total scam on the internet but to which I believe is located somewhere in the heart of Las Vegas, NV. Right now I have a couple detectives with Las Vegas Metro forwarding information on GOOGAD company scam & credit card theft to FBI.

Googads site is total scam & lie not only that they say $3.87 then next thing they charge you is $40.00+. If you do need additional information on the whereabouts on whats going on your welcome to e-mail me @ KevinAbalos83@hotmail.com

• De
      25th of Jul, 2007

GOOGAD's website is a joke, it's filled with google banners and mentions of google. My father almost fall for this scam, gladly he didn't give his credit card information. He was shocked when I told him that there would be monthly payments because he didn't know there would be any. Anyways your article helped me advise my dad. I just feel sorry for all the unfortunate people this company will take advantage off.

FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR GOOGLE ADDS it's called google adsense and it's free. :)

26th of Sep, 2007

This company uses deceptive advertising to get your credit card number then charges for goods it does not deliver. Additional charges showed up for more services that I never ordered or was even informed about. I was told I would be reimbursed, but that has never happened. I had to close my credit card acount to stop them from continuing to charge. BEWARE!

• Mi
      19th of Oct, 2007

I had a similar experience with the GoogAd scam. I gave my credit card number for $3.87 for shipping a GoogAd "kit" that did not come within a reasonable amount of time. It was charged to my card followed by the $49.95 monthly charge before I woke up that there was a period of time to cancel.

I got an e-mail that reminded me about the fact that I had ordered a kit. Then, I got a phone call from a young sounding man who wanted to make sure I had the kit. He was not able to answer any questions that I asked about the GoogAD such as was it connected with Google.com. He kept saying that I should address my questions to some Customer Service number that I did not record.

I did not receive the GoogAD kit so I called the 800# that appeared with my charge on my credit card and they sent out a kit. It came after the period of time allowed to cancel and it was only for training on how to promote my existing website, not a new way to make money. I then sensed it was a fraud.

I contacted the 800# that appeared on my charge card : 800 928-1646 and demanded to talk to a supervisor. I eventually got a man on the line who said he would not refund the $49.95 and that he did not know who at the GoogAd headquarters I could call about it. He said he only serviced the GoogAd orders he received.

I complained to my Visa Card office and received a form from "FIA Card Services " to get the charges stopped which I filled out. I was able to get one of the month's charge of $49.95 credited but not the 2nd one.

While trying to resolve the GoogAd charges problem, I discovered that I was also being charged $24.95 for what was titled
    "Reward Memory System" that I don't remember ever hearing about. When I called about the GoogAd problem, I was told by
    the man who worked with me on that problem that I had agreed to accept it. Apparently it was some scheme to save money on purchases which I never heard about. To me this is even a bigger fraud than the GoogAD scam and he administers the charges for it as well.

I told him that he could learn about how people were upset about
    the fraudulent actions by going to Google and searching for GoogAd complaints. He said he was unaware of any complaints!

On today, 10-19-7, my Visa Card office told me that they would credit me for the $24.95 and that there were no new charges from RewardMemorySystems. The only way I can definitely stop
    future charges from coming in on my account is to cancel my existing card number and getting a new number.

I am interested in knowing if others had the same experience about the "Reward Memory System" that I had never heard of before I discovered the line on my credit card bill.

This experience has soured me on doing any more business with on-line firms where I must offer up my credit card unless they are companies like Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

Milton Thrasher
    941 966-9179
    Sarasota, FL

• Li
      19th of Dec, 2007

I don't ever remember ordering anything from these people at the number; I KNOW I never ordered any "kit" from anybody including this google ad place, but evidently they have been charging my AMEX for $49 bucks a month since FEB. My husband and I just noticed the charge in NOV!! So, I contacted my charge card company and they are removing the charges and investigating the matter. So, this must be a total scam and beyond that, a fradulent company stealing money from people so beware!!