Goodyear / Credit card scam!
I took my car into Goodyear for repairs. They told me that if I sign up for a Goodyear credit card I would not have to pay the bill for 6 months. Well, I got the first bill and since it said the balance wasn't due until 6 months later I just put it aside. Next thing I know, I got a letter saying I was past due for the initial $14 minimum payment and that I was also being charged an additional $29 late fee.
I called to complain and they said they'd waive the late fee if I paid via check over the phone. But they said that would cost an additional $14.95. When I mentioned predatory lending practices they agreed to waive that fee also. I paid it up to date at that point and will keep paying the minimum due until it's over with. At that time I will promptly terminate the card.
But today, I got a letter in the mail that said they had already reported the missed payment and that could effect my credit rating. If it does, I will make it as painful for them as it is for me.
Avoid scams like this. Do not sign up for a Goodyear credit card.
More Goodyear Complaints & Reviews
- Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Tire - Road noise 
- Goodyear Tracker 2 Tires - Defective Tire Produce 
- Goodyear Tripletread - Drivability problems 
- Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread - Terrible tread wear 
- Goodyear - Goodyear credit card 
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - my 2006 honda odyssey touring ac
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - wrangler 265-60-18 tire
- Good Year Tire - tire
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - not really a complaint but a question
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company - tires price match policy