Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Tire / Road noise

We bought a complete set of Goodyear Assurance Comfortred tires from a Goodyear Service Center. We began having the oil changed and the tires rotated every three to four thousand miles. All work was performed by the same Goodyear Service Center. The tires were quiet and smooth as advertised... but... after about 10,000 miles, the tires began to sound as if we were driving on the "wake-up" strips found at the edge of most highways. We brought this to the attention of the Service Center and they acted as if it were "our problem". They said the car was "out of alignment"... but the car would drive straight as an arrow with your hands off the wheel. It's a Toyota Matrix... so the only adjustable alignment possible on the car is "toe-in" which would make the car swerve left or right. We got the manager of the store to listen to the sound and he finally decided to "cross rotate" whatever that means. So now we have to keep putting miles on the tires.

Maybe it's a Service Center problem... maybe tires... maybe both.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Mi
      28th of Feb, 2018

I also bought these crap tires. They were fine for the first 4K miles then I noticed that between 50-60 mph I was getting so much tire noise that I can hardly hear the radio. And before you ask, it's not a balance issue, it's not a alignment issue either. It's a TIRE issue! I've had Goodyear tires on at least my last 6 cars but will think long and hard before I do that again!

• Po
      14th of Jun, 2017

Never get these tires. I have a brand new set and the noise and road roughness when driving is terrible. My dealer said that now that I have driven with them on that they cannot take them back. It is like driving on a roller coaster...very concerning and I don't feel safe with these goodyear entry-level assurance all season m/t tires. What a rip off to the tune of 700 dollars including tax and service to have terrible tires that bump me and my car around everywhere . My Honda Accord only has 26000 miles and is in great shape-just took it in for inspection, alignment and new brake pads (Honda parts of course). It is not my car, sorry--- it is the tires. Goodyear-
    you should be ashamed and reimburse or replace these dangerous tires.

• On
      8th of May, 2017

Within the last 6 months I have replaced teo GY Assurance tires from sidewall failures. No more Goodyear products!!!

• Ly
      29th of Mar, 2017

I replaced another set of tires yesterday. At 67, 487 miles I had MONRO Muffler put on 4 Goodyear tires with a 65, 000 warranty. Starting then my Honda CR-V was plagued with a shimmy and terrible vibrations. MONRO rotated tires and re-balanced them. At one point I demanded at least one tire that was showing extreme wear be replaced. Even after that and another 4-wheel alignment it was never great. At 91, 311 miles, just 23, 824 miles into these tires, I took the Honda back to MONRO and they sold me 4 more Goodyear Assurance tires as these were worn unevenly and would not pass inspection. Shimmy and pulling continued. I replaced front struts, tie rods, and brakes. I got more alignments. Every time I rotated the tires the shimmy was so bad I had to take the car back. All that MONRO said was the wheel "might" be out of round. Yesterday the service manager at Garber Honda drove my car and told me the tires were shot. I had 18, 899 miles on those tires and they were worn to a point they were dangerous on our snowy winter roads. The alignment was so bad the entire car vibrated and pulled radically to the right. At this point I don't know whether MONRO switched lower grade tires or the Goodyear brand is just ####. I have NOT bought any more Goodyear tires and will not recommend them to anyone. I have spent over $1200 in 42, 723 miles. Today my Honda sports Yokohama tires and the ride is fantastic. No vibration or shimmy. I am also destroying my Goodyear credit card. No more business from this very unhappy consumer. I also own a Ford Truck and a Chevy Trailblazer and I will never buy Goodyear tires for them either.

• Va
      18th of Jun, 2016

Ive purchased this very same set of tires and it was replaced under warrenty when it was found they were all wearing exactly the same value, but at an extremely high rate of speed. Garenteed for 70k miles, but nearly bald at 30k. Im so greatful that i did not have the accidents and blowouts that you all have had. BUT WHAT I DO WANT TO ADD, that is after they replaced the tires, (Again at walmart and under a huge amount of fighting to get them to do so..actually had to call the home office for warrenties to get it done because the store was playing a stall game and then a "you didnt properly care for them" game...so the home offiice offered with no problem what so ever, to take care of four new tires. I now realize after only a few thousand miles of the saab car sounding like a thunder truck coming down a graveled road at 200 miles an hour, that the tires of this model and perhaps over several years of this make, are the problem. Anyone who has had this problem, seek the home office of Sams, Walmart, or the Goodyear customer service department. They will do as they should do, and give us the proper refund and or a full trade for a better name brand and style. The good year assurance made for Walmart and or Sams or perhaps many other companies, have been fooled into believing that this HIGH END tire, is nothing more than a huge road hazard and possibly causing people accidents and taking lives? I would like to know where to go, to report this...does carcomplaints.com also take complaints on tires? i have found them to be a incredible source for understanding and avoiding particular cars that are a hazard or have severe warranty issues, recalls, or under answered complaints by each and every car company out there. Even the car under Honda and Toyota name brands, which are supposed to be the best cars, as well as BMW, AUDI etc... are being reported as having problems and not being dealt with until this carcomplaints.com company gets enough complaints about accidents or poor parts...then they are forcing the companies to admit fault and change or offer recalls...Theyre truly a company for the people, not another agency for the car companies. So, i was wondering if this carcomplaints.com or any other place where customers can offer their proof of compaints and or near death experiences due to faulty tires, etc????

• Hd
      12th of Jun, 2016

I bought Goodyear assurance tires for my 2012 Toyota Highlander. After less than 10, 000 miles, the road noise is so bad that I cannot even hear my radio. The road noise varies at different speeds, but is worse around 70 mph. I am very disappointed and frankly nervous about the safety of these tires. I am a mother of two small children.

• Cl
      21st of Apr, 2016

I have a set of 4 GY Assurance ComforTred bought in March of 2015 for my 2010 Volvo XC 60. Love them. So quiet. Just yesterday it was pointed out to me that the back tires (rotated from the front) are at the wear bar on both sides, all around and all across. there are about 8000 miles on the tires. I am furious and disabled.

• Ex
      8th of Mar, 2016

These tire are the worst. I had all four replace on my Honda Accord 6 years ago. For the past 4 year, I had about 5 different blow outs. Once was for hitting road debris. Twice for broken tire stems. Brought the car back to the good year, the good year tech claims that stems breaks a lot when it rains. Once because the tire rubber was dry rotted.

• Do
      18th of Jan, 2016

PURCHASED new 2015 Prius in Aug 2015 with 4 GY assurance tires. Vibrations and rough ride since, just had them balanced and rotated, at my
    expense. still feels like I am driving on a gravel road, complete junk tires, recommend do not buy. If they are un new car, DO NOT ACCEPT these
    tires, Goodyear dealer will deny problems are the tires.

2nd of Nov, 2015

I suppose that I've been lucky. I have these tires on a 1998 Town and Country, 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan, and put a set on a used 2007 Hyundai Sonata I bought in June. I have not experienced blow out, shaking, or noise issues. The reason I bought them for the Sonata was because the tires provided such a quiet and smooth ride on the vans. They've been on the vans a little over four years.

• Bu
      20th of Aug, 2015

We bought Assurance tires 1 year ago and they sound like snow or truck tires now. We had them rotated but that didn't help. Just 20, 000 miles and we need to get rid of them. It also sound like there is a flat spot in one of the tires. We are going back again to Sam's Club and try to deal with the manager.

• Ar
      20th of Aug, 2015

I just purchased two brand new GY Assurance tires from Tire Rack on Friday, August 14, 2015. Drove roundtrip New Jersey to Salem/Boston and noticed the loud tires as soon as we were on the expressway. At slow and excessive speeds, the tires are loud, bumpy, and wobbly. I have two of the same tires on the rear, which were purchased and installed April 2015, somewhat noisy, but no other problems. I initially thought there was a problem with installation, mounting and balancing, but assured myself this problem is with the tires. I decided to go online to see reviews and wished I'd done this before. I wanted to match the other two tires, thinking this is the right thing to do. I did not purchase a warranty, but from reading other complaints, it doesn't seem to matter to Goodyear. It seems that the problem is always the driver, not the tire(s). I don't know what to do and can't afford to buy more tires, when I just purchased two tires less than a week ago.
    If anyone has any reccommendations, PLEASE HELP!!!

• Bo
      9th of Aug, 2015

I have these tires and they are much louder then my snow tires, my snow tires actually ride better, Goodyear should recall these tires, still a lot of thread on them, never had this problem before with tires. Not impressed will buy new ones for sure not Goodyear and send Goodyear the bill.

• De
      7th of Oct, 2014

Have purchased two Goodyear vesta tires (specifically made for Wal Mart) and both now have been found to have "pin holes" in the side wall. Feel this has to be defect in tires because no way is a pin being stuck through the tire where we live. No neighbors and doubt if a racoon is doing it. No longer going to purchase tires from Wal Mart or Goodyear.

• Da
      23rd of May, 2014

Just cost me $229 for new Goodyear Assurance Tire for my Lincoln. Sidewall had a big bubble on it and scared the you know what out of me. I had just been going 70 mph on the freeway and when I stopped I noticed the bulge. Thought I'd look up if this were a common problem. I'd never encountered this in my 50 plus years of driving.

8th of Oct, 2013

Same problem for me with these tires. Road noise from a cupped tire tread noticeable after a tire rotation. Technician said he's had similar problems from these tires from customers and his own wife's car. STAY AWAY from these tires!

• Ri
      18th of Aug, 2013

I bought four of these tires, road nice but then they started to wear as if I was doing burnouts with them. Rotated all the time, correct air pressure all the time, car is not out of alignment or nothing. If there is a recall on these I want to know.

• Al
      25th of Dec, 2012

i had a blowout on these tires, , , Goodyear assurance triple treads...mileage on the tire 4000 miles, , , no nail, no pothole, , , , , , sidewall got burst, , , , , this looks to be a design issue, , , , , , , probably something related to the sidewall is the issue, , , ,

• Je
      13th of Nov, 2012

Have a set. (TERRIBLE) Not going to waste my breath / keystrokes. Wish "American, few Companys"? would stand behind their product? Ex "American" car buyer after 3 "New car" "Lemon" service Attitudes! I Didn't know whut I was "talking about" as I looked at it in the next bay to me? (Ex GM Mech/owner) HH cad in Valpo Jap owner 20 YRS. NEVER been to dealer? I'd REALLY like to buy AMERICAN, but till American dealers stand, AFTER THE SALE. GOOD, ..luck..?

• Je
      13th of Nov, 2012

Bought really nice car with newer set of ASSURANCE tires. (Made me aware $$) Had really weird experience(s). Car would start shaking VIOLENTY at H-way speeds, with no warning, holes, bad roads, ect. Would do this twice one day, not again for 2-3-4 [email protected] 100 miles a day trip? When driving, car would start shaking, VIOLENTLY, ...with BAD brake wobble if applied---... but wait. Can pull over, and immediately go back to H-way speed-NO PROBLEM? ..Tight control arms, ball joints, (just installed struts) tie rod endz..
    ? New rotors, pads, hdwe, Ect? Front end is tight. AMERICAN? COMPANYS STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL? Last set of GOODYEAR Arriva's were JUNK. EX GM Cadillac Mech, EX American car buyer, .. Sorry, But have't had any failures, in over 20 plus years, and don't even hardly get my hand's dirty anymore. Haven't "EVER" had my FOREIGN car at a dealer? For Anything?, Except, of course, minor $, few misc parts purchases. After 3 LEMON buyback Experiences. Wunder why the Detroit "Failures" ?