Goodwill Industries / scam
I am an ex-employee of GoodWill Industries in Western Illinois and I have seen the honest donations of good hearted people be thrown in the garbage.These items had nothing wrong with them and were thrown out due to, 'needing to make room for more'. Employees in the back near the donation door are told to never let the donators see you throwing out there items or breaking them.
Items that were on the shelves that were also great items that were donated were brought off the floor and tossed in back to be destroyed. VHS were taken out of the boxes and thrown into the garbage which had nothing wrong with them and they, 'need to make more room'.It is sad because these items are being tossed in a trash compactor for no reason and people who donated them thought they were going to be going to the floor to be sold for the cause. This is not the case.
Also there thing for employing people with disability to better them is false. They use these employees to overwork them and underpay them for the multiple jobs they are doing. There is no offer for training towards anyone hired. Also they show no concern towards the well being of their workers since I saw 2 employees injured who were not shown enough concern and no report was written for one that should have been.
Anyone who shops at GoodWill is supporting a place that overprices, under pays workers and obviously shows no care towards others kind hearted gestures. GOOD WILL I THINK NOT!
More Goodwill Industries Complaints & Reviews
- Goodwill Industries - rude managers 
- Goodwill Industries - charged a different price from marked price 
- Goodwill Store - scam and theft 
- Goodwill Industries - unethical behavior/employee attitude 
- Goodwill - price changing and thieft 
- Goodwill Industries Of Southeastern Wisconsin - gary goll, robert a. schneeburg and jim livingston are full of crap at goodwill laundry
- Goodwill Industries International - packing of product
- Goodwill Industries International - discrimination?
- Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin (Goodwill Laundry) - robert a. schneeburg hire black women laundry managers to fire good laundry co-workers and laundry workers with disabilities
- Goodwill Industries International - rude employee