Goodman Manufacturing / World's worst heat pump

1 Frederick MD, United States Review updated:

This heat pump was installed when my new house was built in
May 2010. In January 2011 it required
piston replacement when it stopped heating the home. Then in June 2012 it required a replacement
of the indoor evaporator coil when it stopped producing A/C. Then in June 2014 it required replacement of
the outdoor evaporator coil when it stopped producing A/C. So in the first 4 years, it has required 3
major repairs. Sure, Goodman provides a
5-year warranty on all parts. But my
most recent repair still cost over $1, 000 for the labor and refrigerant. (The refrigerant is NOT included in the
warranty, and that alone cost more than $600 this time.) I complained to Goodman, who told me I should
have paid for the additional labor warranty as well. I suppose if you insist on buying a Goodman
heat pump, then I would recommend the full labor warranty. But any person with half a brain should
simply choose a heat pump from a company that is NOT widely recognized as the
worst in the business (seriously, check any 3rd party review site). I will never be a Goodman customer again.

Ry
Jul 16, 2014

Comments

• Ry
      16th of Jul, 2014

If you've experienced similar issues with your evaporator coils, you may be interested in this class action lawsuit: