Good Year / Fraudulent activity

1 NV, United States Review updated:

I had bought a set of 4 good year tires that has a cash back rebate of $40. I filed all the requisite forms. Good year instead of sending me a check send me a VISA debit card issued by JP Morgan Chase of NA. when I went use the card, the merchant told me that the card has expired. I called the customer service number but they told me that it is wrong number. The web address of Chase was listed under customer service. I went chase website and contacted them.They said they do not have any info even if they are the one who issued the card on behalf of Good year. They said they are not responsible. I do not understand why they list their website for customer service.Any way I believe that this is fraud as by Caifornia law gift cards should not expire. It is my money. I am wandering how many other people have the same problem and what can be done.

Va

Comments

• Vi
      5th of Jul, 2007
    Good Year - Poor service!

I brought my Santa Fe to Good year to repair a check engine light that continued to come on and off. I was told it needed extensive work besides the repair to the check engine light. I dealt with a gentleman named Kevin. The repair work was done and paid for in the amount of $1,943.94 and after two days the check engine light came back on. I was told it would cost another diagnostic fee if the problem was due to something else. When I picked up the car I was told if it comes back again to take it to Aamco because Good year could not repair the car. I was surprised that they wouldn't be able to repair the car and even gave me coupons for Aamoco. I also wonder why Good year would charge me for all this work on the car and then say take it to Aamco for more work. The light came back on and I took the car to a Hyundai dealer. They told me that most of the work that was done did not need to be done and it should have been under warranty anyway. I was told that the timing belt is what is causing the whole problem and Good year wasted my time and my money. I called to speak to Mike and when I told him what the dealer said he got abusive and hung up on me. Obviously, he will not deal with any complaints about his business practices. I feel that he should refund most of my money since he could not repair the car, did things that did not need to be done and would not talk to me at all on the phone. I have no other recourse since Mike is the owner and will not even consider talking about what was done to the car and what the dealer said. I also brought in another car I own to have the back window motor repaired before the trouble with the Santa Fe. I paid almost $350.00 for that and waited over a week for the repair. I now feel I paid too much for that repair and the repair done may not have even been needed.

• Ti
      7th of Jul, 2008

I received one and validated/registered it online with a PIN #.
    The card never worked or recognized my PIN at the Lowes, Walmart or Shell gas station so I gave up.

The website www.myaccount.chase.com is no longer working for account info.

Truly a horrible form of rebate. Easily manipulated by the rebate provider. No more rebates like this for me!

• Ka
      27th of Jul, 2008

I too bought 4 tires and sent in all the required forms. In my case, I never received anything!
    I contacted the customer service department and was told they were not responsible for lost mail!
    What a joke...no more rebates for me.

• Ka
      27th of Jul, 2008

I also went into Goodyear on July 27, 2008 for a "service engine soon" repair on my 2002 Saturn SL . I made an appointment for 9:00am and since I have been going to this particular dealer for over 2 years, was very confident they would find the problem. I called at 12:30pm to find out the status of my repairs. I was informed that they had not even looked at it yet. Called again at 2:30pm and was told by Tim that they were still looking at it and was quickly hung up on. At about 3:30pm I finally got a call stating that they had done a diagnostic test and determined that there was a system leak, but they would have to have the car brought in again on July 28 for another diagnostic test to locate the proper faulty component. Told them to take the car off the rack and would come and pick it up. When I arrived the mechanic (Clifford) told me they would have to pull the gas tank, the tires, etc. to find out which side the leak was coming from. They were sorry for the inconvenience for making me wait so long, charged me the $95 dollar fee for the test and sent me on my way. I feel quite fortunate that they did make me wait so long, because if they would have taken my car on time, I might have done exactly what you did...paid the money for repairs that I do not feel they were capable of doing. I informed Tim and Clifford that I had always been treated fairly and there was no excuse for their attitude and they had lost me as a customer. They didn't seem to mind...I quess Goodyear doesn't need the business!!

• Ar
      20th of Jan, 2009

I find it absolutely hilarious when people claim fraud for rebates. I don't understand why its so hard for you to understand how to get the rebate you deserve...step one: fill out the paperwork, step two: attach receipt, step three: mail it in before the postmark date. Companies give you a MONTH to send in your information so if you get denied or don't receive your rebate due to the postmark its your own dumb fault. Also, the products that qualify for the rebate, and when they need to be purchased are listed right on the paperwork, so there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to understand it. If you fill out the rebate form correctly and send it in on time the company will sent you your money. Also the companies have to set a date to close the rebates so if you don't call the company and let them know you haven't received your rebate within a certain time and they cant reissue it to you, maybe you shouldn't have waited to long to do something about it. I mean come on, you have SIX months to use the gift card, SIX MONTHS, I know when I get a check or gift card that bad boy is spent within a week. So how about taking a little responsibility for your own actions and quit thinking every business is out to get poor little old you.

• On
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Here is a class action lawsuit for these fraudulent tire rebates: http://chimicles.com/case/tire-rebate-fraud

• Fe
      17th of Jun, 2011
    Good Year - Bad Customer Service
    Jordans Car Care Centers
    4300 Lakeview Pkwy
    Rowlett
    Texas
    Phone: 972-475-8300

I took my Fleet care into this Goodyear for shaking steering wheel, vehicle and oil change, all that was done was a oil change. They had bad customer service, owner was arguing and cussing my boyfriend and refused to check tires and said, " they have good tread, fix them yourself if you think there is a problem". What is that?? As a consumer I wouldnt ever recommend this place. Think before you go to this JANK place.

20th of Oct, 2011

After inspecting the tires we informed Enterprise fleet service with a tread depth of 8/32 (new ones have 10/32) and no irregular condition, they did not want to approve tires. WE DO NOT MAKE THAT DECISION! We cannot install tires without authorization from fleet. You did not like that decision and took it out on us and continued to argue with us when we did not/do not have the authority to put them on.

• Fe
      21st of Oct, 2011

Seriously?? The tires and sensor system were replaced less than two weeks later jack hole??? The complaint is the obvious incompetent service I recieved BUT why is the "owner" telling my boyfriend, "if you think theres something wrong with the tires fix them yourself", arguing and cussing? The dealership wrote a form STATING and let me quote this for ya, " the tires are in bad shape with needing replacement, and new sensor system, its out of alignment, unsafe to drive". WOW! AGAIN, dont use this business-they SUCK and obviously no customer service. Complaints have been filed related to this buisness. SUCK ON!!

• Ha
      9th of May, 2012
    Good Year - Price
    Sears
    6011 W Park Ave.
    Houma
    Louisiana
    Phone: 985-853-3228

I went to Sears website and got the full price of a set of tires with all the options inculed witch was $583.00. I ended up paying $692.21. A differance of $109.21. I think this is false advertizing. If not then they should send me the differance. What you think.

• Re
      10th of May, 2012

What were the extra charges for?

28th of Aug, 2016

This is same crap that just happened to me. I buy online at Goodyear.com where I see the rebate. They send me to a dealer across town for installation stating I HAD TO GO THERE TO QUALIFY FOR REBATE. I then am sent an email denying me the rebate because I bought the tires from an not goodyear authorized dealer???? What???? I am reporting to State Attorney General and BBB. They sent me this denial notice on a sunday morning!