Gomez Heating and Air / SALESMAN LIES, BEWARE

1 CA, United States Review updated:

A salesman came out to my home and persuaded me in a very pushy manner to sign up with his company. The owner came out to my home next and tells me that he cannot do the job for the price that it was contracted for. The owner wanted an additional $1500 to proceed with the installation, and that he was not responsible for the salesman, Jeff Kieffer's mistake. The owner claimed that the salesman is an independent contractor, therefore, he is not liable. Buyers beware of low prices and overly pushy salesmen. I would not recommend this company to anyone. They are very unprofessional and untruthful.
STEVE K.

Comments

17th of Jul, 2010

Worst customer service imaginable!!! I saw an ad in the OC Register for this company (Gomez AC and Heating) and thought I'd call to inquire about replacing our a/c unit. I just got off the phone with Jeff who was extremely rude, pushy, and insulting. He was irritated that I was actually asking questions (e.g., how big of a unit do I need for the square footage of my home, what brand(s) do you install, do you do free in-home estimates). Apparently he only deals with "do-ers and not shoppers", and you better thoroughly do your research even before calling this guy, lest he suggest for you to go "educate yourself" (interesting, what did he think I was doing by asking questions?). Wow, unbelievable. Who runs their business with so little tact? As a consumer, it is my option to call around, shop for the best price, and to ask the questions I'd like answered. And I should be able to do it without feeling like I'm inconveniencing someone I'm considering doing business with. With this economy and SOOOO many businesses out there that do the same thing, why put up with this? Truly, I would gladly pay more (much more) to work with a true professional (in expertise and behavior) who would actually be pleasant to work with. If this is the kind of treatment a potential customer gets from this company, I'd hate to see what it's like after you sign the contract. BUYER BEWARE!

• Mr
      11th of Sep, 2010

My husband and I did have Jeff come out to the house to give us a price. We were very pleased with him and with his prices. We had not one problem with him and his personality what so ever. He was very professional, he knew what we wanted, his staff came and installed our air conditioner and we have never been so happy with Jeff, his staff and the quality of their work and the price was" $9, 000. less than Sears" and I kid you not. I was in shock when Sears came out and gave us a lot of bull about what needed to be done. With Sears I thought well they are a great company they know what they are doing, they have been around for a number of years so I was ready to sign up with them until Jeff and his company came out. I am sorry you had such a hard time with their company.

7th of May, 2011

I am in complete agreement with the two complaints above. Their salesman, Jeff, came to my house and did give a very low offer. Against my better judgement, I signed an application for their interest-free line of credit, only because he absolutely promised me that he would not submit the paperwork until I had called him back to confirm that I wanted the project done. I spoke with him that very night and told him to hold off on everything, then spoke with him the next day and told him we did not want to go ahead with project. I was very clear that I absolutely did not want the line of credit. Jeff was extremely condescending and kept trying to convince me to take the line of credit. Fast forward to 10 days later when I suddenly receive a visa card from Wells Fargo where I do not have an account. The next day I receive an alert from my credit monitoring service that a "Home Project" line of credit has been opened for me. And the date on that? The same day Jeff first came to my house! The day he swore to me that he would not do anything with my paperwork until he heard from me again. No wonder he was trying so hard to get me to accept the deal, he had already processed my papers. Be warned! Do not sign anything with this company until you are absolutely sure you want to do the project. This salesman is a flat out liar, and if he is a reflection of the company as a whole then stay away!