GolfsToreDirect / I want my money back

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I bought an electric golf trolley from golfstoresdirect in March 2008. Order no. [protected]

It only worked intermittently and has now stopped working altogether. I have the guarantee for twelve months but cannot contact the company.

I have e-mailed Golf Direct many times and got no reply.

My electric trolley also broke down on the golf course.

It is all boxed up and ready for collection but the company is not replying to my e-mails and I have not phone number for the company.

I am not satisfied with the product and want my money back.

Where can I get help?

Va

Comments

• Iv
      1st of Jul, 2008

Hi
    I also purchased an Ultracaddy Elite and had problems
    with it and was unable to contact the company I ended up paying someone to fix it, a friend at the golf club also purchased one the same time, he also had many problems and could not contact the company but it was sorted by his credit card company and he received a full refund.

3rd of Jul, 2008
    GolfsToreDirect - Terrible experience
    GolfsToreDirect
    5 windsor close windsor lane bucks SL1 7HL
    England, Buckinghamshire
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01628 605823

I bough golf trolley from golfstoredirect in March 2008. It never worked properly, and has now packed up altogether. I have a years warranty, but cannot contact anyone.

• Va
      8th of Jul, 2008
    GolfsToreDirect - Unable to contact
    Golfstoredirect

Really poor service.

My Ultra caddy was less than two months old when the battery charger failed and I can't contact them to get a replacement.

There is also an intermittent problem with it starting up. Probably a loose wire somewhere, but of course, no details on how to fix.

The so called manual has limited information, certainly not enough for me to be able to take the thing apart accurately.

This product was bought for me as a present from my daughter. What a shame that I have to tell her she has been ripped off

Don't bother with this company. They are rubbish!

8th of Jul, 2008

I also have had problems with this company who I have since found out have gone bust! I returned a trolley that only worked once and never had a refund or seen the trolley since. I paid for it by my Virgin Credit Card who, despite promises to protect against internet fraud, dont seem to care either! I'm not sure I will ever see my money or the trolley again.

• Ke
      27th of Jul, 2008

Totally agree with all the above, I need a new front wheel, but am stuck due to the unavailablity of this "company"...if any of the complainants would like to donate/sell me the front wheel, please contact me at redkev@btopenworld.com

• Mr
      18th of Aug, 2008

I purchased a Ultracaddy just less than a year ago & all ready the charger is not working & i cannot get hold of anyone at Golfstore Direct to resolve the problem.

• Da
      23rd of Aug, 2008

I too have had problems with my trolley from this company but sorted it through Trading Standards and obtained a new (higher level) trolley which, incidentally has also just gone Kaput!. However, if they have gone bust, I don't think that option would help. I have seen other companies selling the @ultracaddy' type trolley (it's obviously a mass chinese import badged for any particular dealer!)
    For spares try:_
    www.i-motioncaddys.com
    or
    www.ultracaddy.co.uk.
    No gurantees! Just a suggestion which I will be trying.
    Best of luck!

• De
      1st of Sep, 2008

I have had an Ultracaddy Elite for 18 months and only last week the locking catch on the central arm snapped.

I have only just discovered that the company no longer exists and so I wont be able to repair it.

If anyone out there has the part I need please contact me.

thanks,

Derek.

• Je
      1st of Oct, 2008

anyone know where to purchase battery for ultracaddy elite, as like everyone else unable to contact company.

• Ke
      16th of Oct, 2008

I had a great deal of trouble with ' golfstoredirect' when I first ordered an ultracaddy but, to their credit, they did replace it very promptly when it packed up on the third hole. The replacement has done about a hundred rounds although never in a straight line. I had to replace a broken axle pin yesterday. There is another company advertising what looks like the same trolley----caddytech.co.uk

• To
      28th of Oct, 2008

Don't buy one of these trolleys, JUST DON'T!!!