Gold's Gym / how to quit golds gym

1 TX, United States Review updated:

People,

I was a troubled member of golds gym. I have seen 1000's of consumer being troubled by their hidden contract. They dont mention this at point of sale. Then when you want to quit, then they say you will be billed for entire year. Also, if you want to cancel you have to submit either a proof of moving to a city which has no GG location within 25 miles of your address. That is ridiculous!!
Or you have to provide a proof of military or hospital, after which also there is no guarantee that they will stop billing.
WHAT I DID:
Tell them that you are moving to a city where there is no corporate location. E.g Denver, CO.
then provide some proof: Change of address form of USPS, or any bank statement or BILL sent to that address. Then you can change your address back. They do terminate. You can fool those ### by this trick only. Negotiating wont work. hope this helps.

Yu

Comments

• Na
      23rd of Oct, 2008
    Golds Gym - can not cancel
    GOLDS GYM

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL MY MEMBER SHIP FOR 3 MONTHS. I WAS TOLD I WAS CANCELLED ONLY TO GET MORE
    PAYMENTS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. THIS WILL NOT END. THE GYM SUGGESTED I CANCEL MY DEBIT CARD AS AWAY OF GETTING AROUND THE SYSTEM. I REFUSE! THEY ARE CONTINUING TO ROB ME EVERY MONTH, DOES ANYONE
    HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

30th of Apr, 2009

Keep in mind this is illegal as you are using Federal resources to commit fraud. The contract is legally binding.

I wouldn't suggest this at all.. federal fraud charges mean you could end up with a huge fee and a criminal record that lasts a lifetime. Just keep it in mind.

• Si
      20th of Aug, 2009

I got a membershit back in 2005. I couldn't pay it anymore so my friend and i went in to transfer my membership to her...they took her money and the next month i got charged and they didn't want to pay me back! It was so difficult getting he little money i did get.

Than a year ago i tried it again..i love the gym but they payments never came out the same date evey month which made me bounce my checking account.
    I get a letter in the mail...so i called to check on it. I couldn't cancle until i paid the amount owed. In a 2 week period they upped my payments 20.00 more dollars! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GYM!!!

• Re
      28th of Jan, 2010

Good idea! Those ### deserve it. After all they have done nothing but lie to all of you members out there! Good for you! I have worked for those ### for a year now, anything i can do to stop new victims from joining i do it! I know how they scam lie and steal from yall. I see it everyday!

• Mo
      1st of Mar, 2015

I joined the Gym when everything was quite on the home front. The to soon there were a number of unexpected events that occurred. I had surgery for cancer, there was a very hard to handle death in the immediate family. And I have taken the benefits that are so very good. But now it is time to resign standings at the gym. Everyone as been so willing to help ( and I needed that).I really don't know that I will be able to resume my gym activities and I would appreciate your understanding of my resignation. I hope to hear that this is all okay. ( not that I can change it). Thank you with all that I am and again your understanding. Along with the other staff, please let them known the appreciation and especially Ryan who was so very patient with me. Sincerely
    Molly ( or Mary Ann) which either is listed.
    Molly Layton.
    Membership number G1211202955

• Mo
      2nd of Mar, 2015

This is not Complaint, the people at the gym here off of Lindberg have been very helpful and pleasant to work with. At this time however, I need to cancel my contract with your help. And quit taking the monies automatically in the checking account. It is listed under Mary Ann Layton
    948 Riverwood place drive
    Florissant, MO 63031
    thank you for your attention to this matter.
    # g1211202955