Golds Gym ABC Financial / unable to cancel

1 Culpeper, VA, United States Review updated:

Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!
According to abc financials rules, to cancel myh membership I had to send a certified letter requesting cancellation. I did this over three months ago. Monthly fees continued to come out of my account. I contacted my local gym and explained my problem. The manager asked for my proof that I sent my certified letter and he would get the problem solved. Gullible me! I gave him the green card and waited for a call. Finally tired of waiting I called the gym and find the guy does not work for the gym anymore. I got a call from golds in a different town and was told that without the proof (the proof I gave to my local gym) they cannot cancel me! Now I have to resend the cancellation 'request' and wait for yet another payment to come out of the bank and pray that it really will be cancelled this time.

Save yourself the problem and sign up somewhere else!!!

Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!! Warning!

Da

Comments

29th of Oct, 2008

GOLD'S GYM WARNING!!! THINK TWICE BEFORE SIGNING UP
    I am currently going through the same thing. I have been unable to cancel my membership with Gold's. WARNING: READ THE FINE PRINT ABOUT AUTO RENEWAL!!! I fulfilled my 12 month obligation in June of '08 and I am still getting billed, even though I have sent them a cancellation letter months ago.

• Iv
      18th of Mar, 2009

I am experiencing the very same problem! I cancelled in November and I am currently still being billed! Worst Gym in the world!