Golden Nile Casino / They are a ripoff!

This company sends out free coupons for you to play on their site for their games. What they dont tell you is that You have to make a deposit for you to get any of your winnings if you play these coupons.

They are a ripoff. I won on one of their jackpots and put in for the withdrawal of the money. waited a week and a half for any response from the 3 emails that were sent to them. I finally had to call and find out that they had voided the winnings. They don't tell you in the fine print that they will do this. It is poor business practice to say one thing and then do another. I have always went by the practice that your word is your honor and that if you say your going to do something you stick to it. It kinda makes you wonder that if you did deposit money into the accounts on the online gaming systems and you won on that money if they would really pay out or if they just take that money and put it in their pockets too. Some companies need to stop and realign their business practices.

A  29th of Jan, 2007 by
Between January 8-11 of this year, I deposited $955 with Golden Nile Casino. Each deposit was accompanied by a bonus of between 150%-175%.

I made all my deposits by way of VISA card.

On January 11th, I went up about $3200. I requested a withdrawal of only $750, so as not to conflict with an rules they might have regarding bonuses. Significant information was requested of me, to process my withdrawal. I asked if my VISA card could simply be credited by the amount I had requested, and was told that Golden Nile did not have the capacity to make such a deposit. The information they required included: copies of my VISA card, front and back; copy of my driver's license; copy of a recent utility bill; and a very thorough information form that needed to be filled out in it's entirety. Reluctantly I complied. I was very concerned about identity theft. All the documents were forwarded to Golden Nile Casino by Email/attachment, within an hour of my requesting the withdrawal.

Four days later my request was denied. When I inquired by telephone as to the reason, I was told that the Accounting Department had not received my documentation. The customer service representative assured me all the requested documents were in my file, and asked that I call back during normal business hours. He promised to forward my documents to Accounting, and assured me that the matter would be handled that same day. The time he suggested I call back seemed more than odd. All the prior customer service reps at Golden Nile had told me they were located in Cypress. The call back time for normal business hours suggested a location somewhere in the Pacific. This customer service rep finally acknowledged the actual site to be in New Zealand, which was consistent with the accent of all the prior representatives.

I called back as instructed, but was told no one was allowed to speak with Accounting.

Within a day or so I received Email confirmation that my documentation had been approved. When I called the next day to inquire as to when I might expect to be receiving my withdrawal, the customer service representative was very evasive. Next time I tried to log onto the site, I found I was "blocked" from doing so. Upon telephonic inquiry, I was advised that my account was being blocked because I had allegedly threatened a "charge-back".

First, let me say that I never threatened a charge-back or any other action. In fact, to this point in time, I am not certain what they mean by "charge-back". I'm assuming it means I threatened to have my VISA company refuse payment. If so, the allegation is not only not true, but not even possible. After finding my account blocked, I attempted to contact my VISA company (Washington Mutual Bank's home equity department).....only to find they had been shut down for at least 3 days due to a blizzard in San Antonio, Texas, where they are located. I cancelled the card by way of contacted VISA directly. VISA had no access to my specific account, other than to cancel it.

My branch was able to confirm that Golden Nile Casino had (without my requesting so) refunded all my deposits. Still, that $955 had been at risk. Had I lost, they would have kept my money. Since I won, they are clearly obligated to honor my winnings. My account is still blocked, and I have been told repeatedly that once blocked, an account stays blocked forever.

Well, I am not one to get cheated without fighting back. I've reported Golden Nile Casino to the U.S. Department of Justice's online fraud investigating unit. I have posted a blog at CasinoMeister. I have notified @ 40 Email buddies of the the fraud and asked them to spread the word to all their friends. I believe that in this world of instant world-wide communication, we might just blanket the globe within a few weeks. All the while, I've kept Golden Nile Casino abreast of all my efforts to expose them. I'm now told they are forwarding my case to their "fraud investigating department." I am not sure if this was intended to frighten me (as the words they used clearly suggested), or if they were having pangs of conscience....now realizing they may end up losing more than the monies they have currently stolen from me. (down to about $650 in excess of what was credited back to my VISA account). In any event, I will persist.

Gambling has gotten a bad reputation because bad people use it to do bad things. Gambling is simply a very exciting form of entertainment. If pursued with caution and self-discipline, it's fun, ennervating, and offers the distinct and unique possibility of "winning." It's a crime that sites such as Golden Nile are allowed to sully the reputation of this ancient pastime. I will do everything within my power to put them out of business, or force them to do honest business....whichever comes first.

Thank you for providing me with this forum. You are doing a service to this community we call mankind, and are to be commended.