Golden Electronics / Avoid like a plague

1 United States

I purchased a computer from golden electronics via the internet and found there was no sound, I phoned the company who told me there should be an audio lead, I have since spoken to other people who are more tech minded than myself who found this 'audio lead' quite strange as they had never come across a computer needing one! The wireless keyboard sent by them was also damaged as the batteries had leaked. When I phoned to report this and ask for a replacement I was told that I should ask the manufacturer and not them for a replacement! I then emailed them a complaint about both these items and also the fact they expected me to pay postage for a damaged keyboard. I was emailed back and promised a wired keyboard and audio lead and also advised to return the keyboard by 1st class and they would refund the postage. Despite returning the items over a month ago I am still waiting, I received an email about a 10 days ago saying which sort of keyboard would I like as I have not made it clear I can't believe they were serious I emailed straight back and to date I have not received anything or had an email back. I emailed the customer care team again tonight and asked for an explanation for their poor customer service and why I had not received anything from them. I am absolutely appalled with the way I have been treated; anyone would think I wanted a top of the range laptop in place of the damaged items. Please take this as a warning anyone and go to a reputable and established company so you don't waste time, money and energy.

Ju