Golden Eagle Leasing / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:

I have paid a total of $8, 000.00 to Golden Eagle Leasing LLC on a $300.00 piece of equipment. When I noticed a monthly charge on my bank bill, and I wasn't sure what it was for (I have many, unfortunately, and it is hard to keep track) I decided to cancel it. I found out that it was a credit card machine I had been paying on for years. I quickly wrote a letter to cancel the lease, but the company kept billing my bank. I canceled with my bank, yet four months later, Golden Eagle hit my account for another $1, 200.00. Again, I canceled with my bank. Golden Eagle continues to contact me with statements, phone calls, reporting to credit agencies, etc. even though I have written several letters to them over the last year. I just received another statement today stating that I owe them an additional $2, 170.40. I would like to sue this company for the money that they have taken from my account.
Br

Comments

Ve
  25th of Dec, 2008
Sp
  17th of Feb, 2010
Have been charging for equipment that I no longer have in my possesion, or am using.
Br
  7th of Mar, 2011
i once had an acct with golden eagle for the extent of 4 years. i was told by golden eagle that when i send my credit card terminal back to equipment processing center in NY NY, that my acct would be closed upon return of the item. they continued to charge me for 2 additional months. i had to call them again, and give them tracking info and signed by info of the return before they stopped charging me. i thought my golden eagle days were a thing of the past.
so, exactly 1 year later... 1 week ago. i was charged $205.84 by golden eagle. i first contacted my bank to go through the neccessary dispute charges crap. i called golden eagle 10 minutes ago. they tell me the charge is for un-accesed property taxes on my machine that i was not charged throughout my contract. all he could tell me is why i was charged the $205.84. i asked the "agent" if their is someone there, preferably in accounting, that i could speak with about this issue. he told me no, the charge will stand, and he noted my call.
what a bunch of crooks!!! how are they still in business treating there customers like this???
Jj
  18th of Feb, 2012
I highly suggest filing a claim with the NY BBB and the attorney general his name is Eric Schneiderman. I filed one a month or so ago With both. Everything is online very easy. No one seems to get anywhere with these people, it's ridiculous!