Golden Corral / horrible customer service

Greensboro, NC, United States

Hello, I recently visited my local Golden Corral to celebrate father's Day with my family. I paid for a party of 4 and 3 drinks. I had a coupon for a free drink via my email for joining their club that stated it needed to be printed but if you cannot print please talk to the manager about honoring it. I informed the young African American lady Tamara H that was on the cash register that I had the coupon and she YELLED out "You can't get a free drink! We don't accept these coupons on the phone! The manager is not going to honor that" in front of a long line of customers. I was so embarrassed because i was following the prodigal per the internet information. She reluctantly called a supervisor out to confirm. The caucasian women didn't come to the register or address me directly. She instead YELLED "WE can't accept that and walk back to the kitchen". I spend almost $70 yesterday and I am angry about the store employee and managements lack of tack and overall bad customer service. I have been eating at this Golden Corral since it open almost 20 years ago at least once a month. i am familiar with all the old-timer servers who work there and love them. However, I will not be going back and wish I could get a refund because myself and guest was just disgusted. In retrospect I wish we had walked out but it was a holiday weekend and i was afraid of crowds else where. Thank you!

Golden Corral