[Resolved] GoldCar Rental / abusive credit card charges
I am contacting you concerning an abusive charge of 40 euros in connection with my rental contract number 11624548.
When renting the Sept. 23, 2017 at Seville airport, I told your agent that my plane was leaving at 3pm and not at 10am as originally planned. He answered me by mutual agreement that I could quietly bring back the car when I wanted, before noon the 8 of October, day of the end of the hiring.
So I reported the car at 11:30 am on the 8th of October and the receptionist told me that I was late and that I would be subject to late penalties. Despite my explanations, she did not want to know.
I explained to him that this was an oral, tacit, trusting contract. Trust between a customer and a company isn't it the basis of a healthy relationship and loyalty.
I understood that this was a closed contract and on that day I see that I was charged 40euros penalties for delay.
Here are my queries:
- I find that 40 euros of penalties for 30 minutes of anticipated and negociated delay which corresponds to the equivalent of 2 days of renting a car is abusive.
- I was honest with you, based on an oral contract, trust between me and your agent and I feel wronged.
I therefore require the reimbursement of these expenses without delay.
I hope I have received your understanding.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for your comment.
We're trying to improve our services and your opinion is essential to do so.
On the issue you described, I have checked that our social media team and Customer Services already assessed this matter and the amount has been refunded already.
We remain at your disposal for any other queries you could have.
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover
- Goldcar Rentals Spain - avoid this company 
- GoldCar Rental - car hire incorrect charges.
- GoldCar Rental - car rental insurance
- GoldCar Rental - cargo de 950 euros por un golpe que ya tenía el vehículo
- GoldCar Rental - full payment not received.
- GoldCar Rental - extra charges on return