Goldcar / Europcar / no spare tyre, terrible service, no response to complaint!
I would strongly advise against using this company. We booked car hire through Carjet and were allocated this rental company. On arrival at Palma airport we were told that the car wasn't available, even though we had booked in advance and notified the company of our flight details. We were asked if we wanted to pay more for an alternative car which we declined. Finally after waiting around for about 45 minutes a car was provided.
However the car had no spare tyre - we only discovered this when we had a flat on a mountain road. We tried to call the helpline number for about an hour but couldn't get through - the line was constantly engaged. Eventually we managed to get through to the office number and were transferred to the helpline. We were told that someone would be out within an hour, but no one arrived and we called again. This went on and on, costing more and more (we only had a mobile and the international rates are exorbitant - each time we phoned we had to retell our story). Eventually after about 3-4 hours, a tow truck arrived and took us back to our accommodation. We were told that we would be able to claim compensation but I have tried emailing customer services at Goldcar and have so far had no response.
More Goldcar / Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- Europcar - fraud and cheating! 
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam 
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle! 
- Europcar - damage surcharge 
- Europcar International - car rental service
- Europcar International - hire car roadside emergency number
- Europcar International - refund
- Europcar International - poor mode of operation and damage claim
- Europcar International - rental car