Gold Star Media / cancellation

I ordered a product from Gold Star Media and within one hour I canceled it because I could see it was a fake. My bank account account was charged anyway and it caused my account to over it's limit. Instead of $17.99 it has cost me $75.00. Everytime I try to e=mail them, I get no response. Elizabeth Markham

Comments

• Am
      9th of Oct, 2008

Paid 19.97 for the site to tell me their not doing any home grants as of 10/01/08. This site is a lie.

• Sh
      10th of Nov, 2008
    goldstar media
    Pueblo West
    federalfundingprograms.org

The website offered assistance with applying for an individual grant. No information has been sent w/ the exception of the confirmaion e-mail of reciept of payment for $19.97 which was the processing fee according to the sitd

10th of Feb, 2009
    Bonnie Roten
    20 Humphries Drive
    Cadiz
    Kentucky
    salyers@yahoo.com

On Jan. of this year i applied for a Grant web site for applying for Federal Funding on how to apply for grants and the grants that are I am wanting to apply for to go back to school and can not now get access to the web site and with none returning my calls and telling me that they are still unable to grant me access at this time but yet they took my money and now it does me no good if unable to get what i paid my hard earned money for ? How many other people have had this problem? Thought this was supposed to be from our goverment so is this how we get treated? No wounder it is a so called secured site, once you pay you never get what you pay for i should just have throwed my money in the trash . I should get my money back the same day they got thiers that day so why can I not get a full re-fund like they said if not satafied ?

• Mi
      22nd of Feb, 2009

Exact thing happened to me!!! Secured site my butt! And it looks bad on the governement! I said what i needed, how i was going to use the money, clicked apply, and bam! my money was gone and i couldn't get access to what i wanted! I've also tried contacting them and nothing back. I used VISA as a source of payment and hopefully i can get my money back from my bank. VISA has security agains things like this. I've been looking for grant help forever and been very careful as to where i look. When you use a "secured goverment website", it should be assurring that you are ok to pay money! Guess i'll think twice about that next time.

• Go
      1st of Mar, 2009
    Fed Funding Programs-Grants free
    Riverside
    California
    support@federalfundingprgrams.org

I have been scamed out of trans action and was unable to get my money back after I found out it was a scam.Could not get information to stop payment to this one and another.

• 0 Votes

?Ya I was took too. Wish I would of came across this first and hope others will. YA ? how they got my $ checked and card I used was not the one they even took from. The card I used that day should not of worked.? So how did they use a dif. one? And if it is a gov. site it's more then sad. Cause I never got to any info I wanted either. Good luck to all that got took and please let me know if there is a real site to check for help. Ya on a more personal not have a son on SSI. and I am a single working mom of 2 was trying to find a way to buy a home I could adapt for us to work. Renting a place I can not change anything about is not working out. It was nice of that site to help me and IF? it is a gov. site THANKS for the help.

• Tr
      23rd of Mar, 2009

This happened to me too. I called my bank and said that it was an unauthorized transaction, and they filed a claim with the Gold Star Media company and I got my money back. You all should try to see if your bank will do that. Depending, on your bank it might take a few days. Also, you can get the exact same information about grants from grants.gov (for free) that this thing gave you.

• Br
      16th of May, 2009

Go after your credit card company fraud division. I did and got my refund

• Ru
      28th of May, 2009

I WANT TO STOP THEM FROM TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT THEM HAVE NO NUMBER LISTED TO REACH THEM

• Ti
      10th of Jul, 2009

here is a number for goldstar media...951-413-1704
    they are allegedly on pacific standard time...see if it works.

• Sk
      24th of Sep, 2009

After not receiving any help at all from the grant program, I too wanted to cancel my membership. The website had no contact information. I got an email address off a email that Gold Star Media sent me. I tried emailing to cancel my membership with no success. So, I called my bank to cancel the debit card that Gold Star was using to access my account. The teller told me that they had a phone number on the invoice which was 951-203-9928. I called this number and got someone's resident. The guy stated that Gold Star was giving out his phone number to people as their contact number. He, thankfully, had Gold Star Media's real number on hand. Here it is - 951-413-1704. I called and spoke with a Jason. I cancelled and hopefully will not have to worry about it anymore. I'm going to make sure that I watch what I purchase with my debit card online from here on out.

• Ze
      12th of Jun, 2012

i tried contacting them via email and they don't respond when you write to them to cancel your transaction.